The first weekend of Feb 2013 was just a blissful experience as we happened to spend our time at The Windflower Resort. I shall not discuss in detail but shall give you the positives and negative aspect of this hotel:
1. The Hotel is located at the most ideal place of the earth. It is surrounded by back waters. and you can view beach as well from your room. So you get to see a still water and a movie water (little far though)
2. The resort has a good play area for kids with white ducks walking around.. Beware they are defensive if you try to tease them.
3. There is availability of boating facility inside the hotel, you can travel by to the beach by taking the boat (it is chargeable you need to pay 100 Rs - not free for people staying in rooms as well)
4. If you are staying in a studio room on the ground floor or on private cottages with a pool, the balcony opens up to a beautiful lawn with fantastic view ever. You can sit hours in your balcony reading books and enjoy the
5. The breakfast spread was excellent. From South India to North Indian and Continental - yu have them all.
6. Swimming pool was super clean.
7. The rooms are spacious.
8. Bathrooms are spacious with a inbuilt dressing.
9. There were two showerrooms one which was closed and one which was open.. The open showeroom is a show stealer you actually take bath in a lush green environment under a open sky (Safe)
10. All the basic amenities are offered.
11. The TV hosts all the channels - unlike many hotels which has a limited access to channels.
12. There is a chess floor in between the garden it is super time pass thing to do.
13. The entrance is fantastic with a Lord Buddha's peaceful idol up and chandelier with leaves attached - when the air passes through it you can hear the sound of trees.
14. Staff is friendly and humble.
Areas to Improve:
1. Spa is nothing great located in closed rooms and expensive enough. A Body massage shall cost you around Rs. 2500/-
2. Just one drinking bottle is offered in complimentary
3. You need to keep travelling off the main road.. 3 Kms inside. The Management needs to add a proper sighboard outside which is big enough to observe and clearly mention that "It Is 3 KMs Inside" so that we can make a perception accordingly while driving.
4. Little expensive when it comes to the cost per day per room for 2.
5. The pond around buddha is dirty, I can see dry leaves and dust floating + algae at the bottom of the pond.
Overall, this is the best resort I have been to when compared to my stay at Le Pondy, Ocean Spray or Zest Windflower would be my choice - EVERYTIME!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in picturesque ChinnaVeerampattinam, The Windflower Resort & Spa Pondicherry is perched between backwaters and bright blue ocean. Stroll along the beach, if the mood strikes you. Race the gulls to the horizon. Step around seashells, and spider crabs. Watch the sun set into the Indian Ocean. Or, take a romantic little cruise along the backwaters. Have a quiet picnic lunch on the banks of a stream. Walk about shooting the birds on film. The resort features large airy rooms with views of the water or of the gardens. Indulge in our Bistro with the foods of the land and RE- EMERGE with our spa. The Windflower Resort & Spa Pondicherry is waiting... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Windflower Resort and Spa Pondicherry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.