All reviewsbusy junctionswimming poolbreakfast spreadbusiness tripvalue for moneybusiness hotelroom serviceheart of the citycourteous staffin room diningstar propertymorning breakfastbuffet lunchrooms are spaciouscomfortable staythe hotel staffneeds improvement
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Super Place to stay and enjoy.
Affordable and reasonable..Food is Fantastic!! with lot of variety..Do take MAP plan as you cant get such a good dinner outside...Staff very cooperative..Rooms very good and will all amenities.
Pool is very clean and maintained.
A very good bar which has a lot of variety as well.
Travel desk is also good and they arrange for very good packages at reasonable rates

Best part is location. ECR starts after 3 KM and you may get into seashore from anywhere

All places are 3-4 KM distance

Overall a very nice experience and I would say that this is the best property to be IN while being in Pondicherry
Lastly, there is a tea stall ( on left of hotel) which serves a very tasty tea :-)

Room Tip: Take the Normal superior room.It has all in it..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Inditrav
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear valuable guest
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring.
Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

A very comfortable stay. The rooms were clean and all the staff right from housekeeping, concierge, restaurant managers to waiters were polite and helpful. The food was excellent. The breakfast had a good spread and even the room service was quick.
Its a shame that during checkout we were asked to pay for a liquor bottle that we had not consumed, typically just like what the other visitors had warned us about in the previous reviews.
The pool was a disappointment as it was closed for 2 days in a row.Situated at the crossroad of the Tamil quarter of Pondy, I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the quality of rooms, service, WiFi and food.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms, both facing the cross roads
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mr.JImmy
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I share the disappointment with you on the issue of the mini bar charged in your account and need to assure that we will take measures on proper acts in future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We headed to Puducherry to celebrate a special surprise birthday for both my sons (both share the birthday 25th April). We had made arrangements with the hotel to keep a surprise celebration ready in one of the rooms. We checked in at 7 PM and when the kids room was opened BOOM there were surprises and a specially made chocolate cake.
We had another surprise when my son's classmates from JIPMER landed up ( 20 of them) at 11.00 PM with a big cake and a present which was buried in the cake.
Whew it was a great birthday. Throw in the pool in this hot summer and you got it going great.

Room Tip: Be careful of the housekeeping staff they try to add things to your bill even when you have not used them from the mini bar in the room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Dr.Subash

Reviewed 14 May 2014

After going through much reviews, i booked Accord Pondicherry. As expected everything was excellent.

* Early check in @10:15 am helped me a lot. Friendly Staff though a lady receptionist near front desk needs to have a Big smile.
* Superb Breakfast + Dinner. Menu Varieties were vast though Non Veg. items were not that Good, which could have been improved.
* Hotel is at the heart of the City (Beach+Heritage 3km, Bus stand 3km, Auroville 10km, Chunnamber 6km)
* Superior rooms were spacious, clean & top notch
* Good amenities (Swimming Pool, Gym, SPA ( little Costly) + Free W-ifi though Poor Network :) )

Room Tip: Pool View rooms
1  Thank smrndrdas

Dear Dr.Das

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hotel is at prime Location , but Rooms are Okay but doe were insect affected we had to change one room , Breakfast Menu is the same everyday , Facilities in the room like toiletries etc BAD, Suresh Kumar at the Desk was Helpful to a extent on the rooms , But on Check Out he was Not Available and The Receptionist was not Helpul or Friendly ( Suresh please not Time was 7:40am , Date 4th May ) , we had informed to keep Bill ready after we had come done for breakfast and went to Desk and informed before we went up so we don't waste time Checking Out , when we told him we had informed he reply was ' WE CAN ONLY DO WHEN WE GET KEY IN HAND '
I Found that Ridiculous and more like telling a Guest Don't Teach us our Job ,
I then did fill up a Feed Back Form so that the GM Gets it I have NO IDEA If he did give it for Review or Dumped it in a Waste Bin.

if the Management of Hotel Accord is Listening please take note and Read my Feedback on the Stay,

I did not receive any mail or call to the Details i had left , so its Highly Unprofessional for a Hotel who is Rated as 2nd Best in Puducherry , i Wonder Why ? and Who Rated them Good and How.

1  Thank osborne_pimenta
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Ms.Osborne
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I regret the inconvenience you had been put through and understand your disappointment caused at the point of checkout.I have understood the staff responsible for this and have instituted awareness thru our front office & training manager who will dedicate time in upgrading the staff deliverable.We at Accord aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations.I extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused and request you to give us an opportunity to be of service to you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please be rest assured that we will do every thing possible to match your expectation and experience.