“Thoroughly competent hotel loses out for lack of charm”
Review of Accord Puducherry

Accord Puducherry
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a very well run hotel, and rarely would I rate a hotel so highly but also not recommend that anyone stay there. The main drawback is that it's a typical business hotel, with absolutely zero charm. Pondicherry is an old French colony with a lot of charming properties, and this property is neither charming, nor is it in a charming part of town. I only stayed there because it was on work and the client had booked me there. Having said that it's well run, the rooms are well appointed, food is decent and service is also very competent. The only blight in the appearance of a typical up-market hotel is the cheap plastic and garish colours of the toiletries, and that's a very minor complaint. So in short, it's a good hotel, but not if you're visiting Pondicherry as a tourist.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vinay A
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear guest
Greetings from Accord Puducherry!!
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your feedback.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our facility n services.The good comments on the quality of room ,food and services is a sign of appreciation and we welcome the same.On the location aspect of the hotel which is a concern from your end is well noted.
Once again, I thank you for your comments and do let us know on your next visit and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

There are newer reviews for Accord Puducherry

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel this weekend with my fiancé and we loved thos hotel.. the service was excellent, rooms were very good. We used the swimming pool as well and it was fun and relaxing.. tje food was very veru good but we did feel the buffet was a little over priced but the variety was good especially the desserts... the location of the property is also good..most of the places are at close proximity...

Over all a GREAT experince..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Mr.Khali
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
We at Accord aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring.
Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed nearly for 3 days in the month of june.we actually went for a relaxation on my hubby's birthday. Our three days stay was so pleasent and peaceful.we really enjoyed a lot. The staff was also very nice and helpful.All shops are near by. We booked a superior room with breakfast and dinner. The food was really nice and worth to pay.the superior room is very big. Awesome experience and nice to stay. Lovely experience. Wish to go there once again

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Ms.Anu

Reviewed 20 June 2014

the whole experience was very good. the Buffet lunch was exceptional with a very good spread of Desserts. On the whole, a very rewarding experience.
The Gym was used by my husband & he said it was very well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Ms.Shrilatha
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight the family with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel is well taken.
Await your stay again as we look forward to welcome the family back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

we visited this place in Apri 2014, this place offers a gud stay, room interiors are arranged nicely, toilet and private bathroom are clean, service is good, its located in citycentre well connected by all kind of transportation

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr.Vijay
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The place is fantastic viz. the rooms, facilities, food etc..but their services are dismal. We checked in late night. There was no bell boy and we had to carry our bags to the room. The internet was not working and requested help but no one bothered until we checked out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear valuable guest
Greetings from Accord Puducherry!!
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you the quality of rooms and food during your stay at our end. Was upsetting to know on the absence of the concierge on checkin late night and poor reception on wifi.We sincere apologize for the inconvenience caused and assure that remedial measures will be put in place.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please be rest assured that we will do every thing possible to match your expectation and experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Visited in June 2013 for an official conference and thought this hotel was really good.

Rooms and bathrooms are excellent, spacious and very well maintained. The food here is great. I don't know about the prices, as I was here on a business conference. The location is fine, you can easily get public transport.

I would recommend staying here. It's a really good hotel. I am very particular and critical about accommodation when I travel. Bad accommodation is a real deal breaker for me, but this was one of the better hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring.