“Perfect Landmark in the City”
Review of Accord Puducherry

Accord Puducherry
Ranked #17 of 76 Hotels in Pondicherry
INDIA
“Perfect Landmark in the City”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in Accord over a long weekend. This property is in the heart of the city and in close proximity to various places of interest. The stay at Accord is excellent due to its flawless service quality at all levels. The food is excellent and the room service staff very cooperative. With large rooms and good sleep quality i look forward to stay at this hotel in my regular visits.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Mr.Raj
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
We at Accord aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring.
Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.
Ravindra Raju

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Pros:
1. A great value for money. We booked with the early bird offer and we got a fantastic deal. We stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights in the month of August.
2. The lobby looks great and the rooms are designed really well.
3. Breakfast was complimentary and was good.
4. House keeping was very prompt. We asked for extra bed, towels, glasses. All were given really quick.
5. Heart of the city, accessible to all the sight seeing spots.

Cons:
1. Check for non smoking rooms, we had strong smells when we entered the corridor.
2. Swimming pool is small.
3. Beach is little away

The most turning event for us was one of our friend lost a diamond pendant and we dint realize until we were 75 Kms away from Pondicherry. We called up the hotel staff and asked them to check if they could check in the room. They connected us to house keeping and they took down the details and assured that they will call back. And to our surprise they called up and said, they found the pendant and they have it safe. Amazing staff. We got it collected through our friend who lives in Pondicherry. Thank you Accord. This was a great display of your service. Well done team accord. Thank you once again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LavanyaSrihari
Dear Ms.Lavanya
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My name is Deepak nd I stayed in this hotel from 15th to 17th Aug.

Situated at a very good location on the main ecr road. Very well maintained hotel with spacious rooms nd enough staff to take care of the guests promptly.

Swimming pool is gud. Although the restaurant space needs attention to accomodate all the guests but the staff are managing it well ensuring that the service is not compromised.

Food is gud, however the spread can be increased. All in all a pleasant stay at Accord Pondicherry.

Cheers !!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr.Deepak
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Loved accord. Very classy. Wow rooms. Great service. Awesome food. Clean pool. Fantastic stay in the heart of the city. 3 s from Aurobindo Ashram. 2 kms from the market. Step out and there is a fried chicken place across the road called Marry Brown. Next door is a nice cafe. Kamatchi's for sea food is a 2 km walk and Peeping is another good place for seafood. Next to Kamatchi's. Pondy is the perfect place for a vacation and if you are in Pondy you must stay at Accord. The chef even made me a SPL prawn dish for my birthday. Such a great guy!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Chitralekha S
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Ms.Chitralekha
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Pros
------
1. New Hotel, elegant reception, restaurant, corridors
2. Very Good rooms, good bed and pillows
3. Good washroom with rain shower
4. Strong Wifi
5. Decent Swimming Pool
6. Very Good breakfast
7. Good food

Cons
-------
1. No al la carte in restaurant - one is forced to take the buffet or order room service
2. Amenities in room missing - you have to ask for everything
3. Pool closed on weekend when holidaymakers visit most
4. Change Rooms next to Swimming Pool run down

One of the hotel staff was cleaning the tiled area around the swimming pool when I was swimming at 0730 AM using a dustbin to take water out of the pool and splash it around
on the tiles

Room Tip: Higher Floor/ Pool Facing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aditya K
Dear Mr.Aditya
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
Pros --I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you in the marked areas of our services and facilities.
Cons -- More to worry is the service turned down on request for ala carte which has been expressed to the concern manager and the team is guided on the same.We thank you for the point with regard to the pool attendant's presence and the upkeep of the change room which is taken for maintenance immediately. I apologize on the same.
Assuring you of the best stay in future please advise me of your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.
Chennai
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Smoking smell in the room. I asked to change the room but they said most of the rooms the guest smoke, so more or less it would be same ! He told me that he will bring room freshner and never turned up during the whole stay of 3 days. Few people at the restaurant treat the guest really good and others pretend that they do not look at us, so we do not really feel good to ask for the service including supervisors. It needs an attention of the concerned people as it is a very good property at the heart of city which people would prefer. If they have bad experience, they would never come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Mr.Senthil
Greetings from Accord Puducherry!!
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.The areas addressed by you firstly the change of room & the alertness of the staff at the restaurant is a matter of concern which I deeply regret on behalf of the hotel.I would like to assure you that remedial measures will be taken by giving extra training to the staff to avoid recurrences in future.
My apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.Please let me know of your next visit to Puducherry and I assure you of the best possible to match your expectation and experience.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had been to the Accord Puducherry last Christmas with family and I have to say it was totally worth it! It can be compared to a decent 4 star hotel as the amenities provided are quite like it. It's located close to the main tourist attractions in the city and that makes it easy to explore all parts of the city. The rooms are very spacious and clean and designed to suit all needs. The bathroom was very clean too. We lived in the Deluxe Suite room for 3 days. The room has a huge living cum dining room and a attached bedroom and bathroom. This allows more privacy. There is no view from the room though since it overlooks the busy road . But, this does not affect sleep. I guess the windows are sound proof. The Breakfast buffet here was just too good. A large spread of dishes with mouth watering sweets! All in all, this hotel is worth every penny spent! I totally recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear guest
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring.
This year we intend to host more delights on the occasion of New Year Eve and will post you the attractions.Look forward to welcoming you back and do write to me or call me if you plan your next visit to Puducherry.It will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.
It’s When You Win, We Win!