“Pathetic food and service”

Seagulls Restaurant
Ranked #229 of 371 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Bengaluru, India
“Pathetic food and service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very poor service manner less waiters. Pathetic food. pl don't go if u r in pondicherry anytime. This was worst experience un pondicherry. Waiters should be educated ant teach some manners

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pathetic service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I went there will lots of expectations asbit had a gud trip advisor rating. The view was very gud but the service was absolutely pathetic. The waiters made us feel that they were doing us a favour by serving us. The food was cold and terrible. When I asked for a bottle of water, they put out 1 bottle in the middle of the table without any glasses. One waiter dropped food while serving on one my friends. He put it out as our mistake and apologised only when I said that he should...and that too after saying it 5 times..he said...ok ok sorry..happy nw.....the service was pathetic. ..u had to wait an hour for a single dish which was also cold. When I asked for another naan, he said that it would take a minimum of 20 minutes, and asked if I still wanted it. After clearing the bill, I asked to meet the manager. I was told he will not come here to meet us and told us to go to the ground floor and look for him. When I asked someone there, I waited for the manager for 15 minutes without any show. Would never recommend it to a friend.

1 Thank Karan B
Pasig City
“Nice location ”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Seagulls is a government-run establishment, so I was told. Though they have probably one of the best locations by the Pondy beachfront, I find the place too dark, having had dinner at the roof deck. The place lacks maintenance, but there was a crowd that night, so I guess they have their strong points. The food was just fine.

Bengaluru, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK food but very bad behaviour”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Food was ok kind of but the behavior we got from there is the worst of my experience. First of all we had to look for a place by our own as none of the waiters helped us to find a table, while we were waiting they kept on saying that there is assurance of getting a seat and we should go to some other hotel (typical kind of behavior we get from a govt. running organization). But the best part was when the same waiter told us (after we repeatedly told to take our order) to look for the boy and get the table cleaned then only he will come and take the order.

More over people over there discriminate on the base of origin, I mean if you can speak tamil you will get a good service but if not then god can save you. So if you want to pay for the food and then get insulted then you can carry on but I will never go to this place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Darken_Dust
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This restaurant has one of the best locations serving drinks. The food is good but maintenance is not up to the mark.

Let that not deter you, if in Pondicherry must visit it. It is one of the few restaurants not using Basa fish.

Visited March 2014