“Simply pleasant stay”

and 1 more site!
Pleasant Inn Pondicherry
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We six of us visited pondi for a 2-day holiday. We had booked rooms in pleasant inn 3 weeks before after a thorough research in TripAdvisor. We reached morning by 7 and the night shift receptionist was very helpful to provide us the room we wanted. The rooms were clean, fresh, awesome location, looked like a business class hotel. Very helpful staff, rates as mentioned, near to rocky beach n main bazaar lane. It was a pleasant stay for us. Thanks for the pleasant inn hotel management. Very well maintained.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank santhoshk900

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've been here for four days now. The room is excellent - very spacious and well-lit, new furniture and the rooms are cleaned everyday so the place is spotless and hygienic. The staff is also very friendly and helpful - I had to change my bookings slightly (came to Pondicherry a day earlier than planned), and the manager on the phone took immediately told me that there would be no problem at all with making that change.

It's located a five-minute-walk away from the French part of town.

The hotel is extreme value for money - I think it's definitely worth more than I'm paying for the room!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was placed at Pleasant Inn for several weeks for work. At first glance, the hotel seems alright. The facilities are relatively well maintained and kept clean. However, their definition of cleanliness isn't what I consider clean. Some of the towels and bed sheets in my room were already stained from previous guests. I understand that they are washed and a stain may have been left behind after battling detergent but seeing blotchy brown stains on your bed sheets can be a bit unnerving.

Then there is the issue of housekeeping. Unless you put a "do not disturb" tag on your door, every morning promptly at 9 AM, housekeeping will stop by and clean your room. That's fine and dandy until they throw away your contact lenses. Luckily I was planning on tossing that pair of contacts away soon but coming back to my room and wondering where they went was a very unpleasant experience.

The complimentary breakfast they give you is.. well.. let's just say that it doesn't do South Indian cuisine justice. I enjoy South Indian cuisine a lot but the breakfast given here isn't the best you're going to taste. It's mediocre at best. And if you're a late sleeper, prepare to be awakened around 8 - 8:30 AM with someone waiting in front of your door with a plastic tray of food. Also, breakfast is usually served cold.

Lastly, the reception desk. Oh I have some serious issues with the individuals at the reception desk. Especially the fellow with the glasses. I never got his name but I kept my interactions with him as infrequent as possible because he was rude. He was blatantly rude and whined whenever I made a comment/complaint. On Pleasant Inn's website, they state that they have 24/7 wifi in the lobby area. This is not true at all. Instead, around midnight, the reception desk will turn off the lights in the lobby, turn off the wifi and tell you that it's not working and then look at you and tell you, "it's late, everyone is sleeping" so that it will prompt you to leave. In fact, on more than one occasion, I've stumbled upon the guys at the reception desk sleeping on the couches of the lobby. I understand that the wee hours in the morning are indeed late and that everyone is sleeping. However, rudely telling me to "go to bed" isn't the way to get me to go back to my room where I don't have access to wifi.

I really tried to be neutral towards Pleasant Inn because I was here for several weeks and I wanted to make the best of it. I can ignore most of the things about Pleasant Inn that weren't pleasant but I can not stand the reception desk one bit. Service was terrible and if I have any choice in the matter, I will never be returning and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

After having a hectic week, me and my wife planned to go to Pondicherry to have some leisure time. While booking hotels I saw N number of options in Agoda, MakeMytrip and other sites and shortlisted few. Finally selected Pleasant Inn and it was an awesome decision and wonderful start of our weekend.

Newly constructed, reasonable price and very well maintained. 24 Hrs hot and cold water supply. Staff was very kind and helpful.

Place is quite approachable, located in center of the city. Its at walkin distance from Aurobindo Ashram, Gandhi/Rock beach and most happening place i.e. M G Road. Next to it there are multi cuisine Restaurants along with Domino's and KFC.

Room Tip: Opt for Second Floor as its quite airy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Saw high rating for this hotel on Agoda but decided to book directly with the hotel. Hotel looks new and clean. A/C rooms were booked out so ended up taking non-A/C room. Rooms are designed for air conditioning. So non aircon rooms gets hot and stuffy even when weather is nice outside due to lack of ventilation. As there are no mesh/net on the windows, no way to keep windows open all the time without risk of mosquitoes.
Also we realized that booking online is a better deal as the price includes breakfast and taxes as opposed to rates displayed on their website.

Room Tip: Book A/C room if you can. We had problem sleeping due to stuffiness/heat in non A/C
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charaveti
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. The place looked new and the reception was friendly.

We had a sparklingly clean large room with comfortable bed and good shower. Flat screen tv with English channels and an Indian breakfast served in our room.

Our room was very quiet as it faced the inner bit of the building and noise proofing was great.

On the downside our room was very hot and we hadn't paid for AC which I wish we had. Location was alright about a 10-15 minute walk from the seafront and about a 10 minute walk from some good places to eat.

Wi-fi was free although only available at reception.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eatydrinky
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The rooms are huge, the matress is so soft.
The toilet is separate to the bathroom.
There is English channels.
The breakfast is included (if you choose international breakfast there is not so much to eat) and is served in the bedroom.
The hotel is in a lively area and close to shops.
The staff is really friendly and helpfull.
Bad points :
- they where 1 day late for deliver laudry
- the rooms have no windows on the outside but on a corridor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends