“best European style holiday in India”
Review of Le Dupleix

Le Dupleix
Ranked #11 of 85 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Wow real classic, unlike other hotels a Mango tree welcomes you and you will go through nice open patio style restaurant and they named it after the Mango tree, I had a very pleasant stay , the rooms are equipped with nice art work old style furniture and cupboard well maintained and neat, the staff did a swan with the towel on our bed that was a awesome , the pent house beautifully designed, the staffs were courteous and always smiling, we broke one of the lamp and they did not charge of it that’s the level of customer care. In fact the upgraded to pent house when we went for the second time
Nice place to try out some International cuisine try the Shrimp peas Ricardo which is heavenly overall it was nice experience and I would recommend to every one
One problem I see is the parking you have to park your car on the road but you have staffs always watching though

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure having been able to welcome you to Le Dupleix again during your most recent trip to Pondicherry and I would like to thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

It is always nice to see guests returning, it motivates us all in our efforts to maintain the set standards by the management and I am glad that we have been able to make you feel comfortable with us.

Your appreciation of our cuisine has been noted and shared with the entire team.

Like most hotels in the French Quarter we do not have our own parking space but with the availability of parking space within the eyesight of our security team this has so far not been a cause for concern.

I do hope you will travel to Pondicherry again in the near future, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Le Dupleix.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

If you love natural elegance of life this hotel is truely a place developed with essence of ageless taste of international style of living . Very customer centric people always ready to extend support to make you comfortable. Food and drink variety is lot and especially continental oriented choices are better . How ever the restaurant staff can be more groomed , the only one area where I noticed less courtesy and less willingness to connect with guest.
My family loved the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Pondicherry and thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure meeting you and having you as our guest.

I am happy you appreciate the elegance and character of Le Dupleix and I'm glad that we have been able to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one.
I understand your concern about the restaurant staff and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We are, and will remain, committed to assure that the expectations of all our guests are exceeded and that the standards set by the management are maintained at all times.

I do hope you will stay with us again, should you visit Pondicherry in the future. I would be looking forward to welcoming you as our guest once again.

Danielle

Reviewed 8 July 2014

i had been to pondicherry a couple of days back and i had my friend taking me to this hotel Le Duplex for dinner.I should say d entire hotel was picturesque and the food was delicious nd relishing.And i should'nt forget to acknowledge the manager Mr,Basha for taking us around the hotel and showing us the rooms which is marvelous..It was such an enthralling experience for me and i cherish all those experiences..I have never seen such a sincere person who shows interest and keen towards his profession.I thank him and d hotel and it tempts me to keep coming back to this place pondicherry and i m definitely gona stay here whenever i come.Keep Up the Good work,Mr.Basha.Thankyou..!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having dinner with us recently and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I take great pride in reading that you appreciate Le Dupleix and that the entire team has been able to make your evening memorable. Your appreciation of Mr. Basha has been passed on to all and motivates us in all our endeavours to assure every guest leaves delighted.

I do hope that upon your next trip to Pondicherry you will chose to stay with us, it would be a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Special thanks to the Sarovar Hotel team and Danielle for accommodating our last minute change of accommodation.

Due to unavoidable circumstances had to move from Promenade to Le Dupleix and the request was heartily managed.

The heritage Hotel was very well maintained and must appreciate the very courteous staff who were very cooperative with all our little requests. The food was amazingly awesome.
Breakfast spread is decent but good.

Enjoyed our short trip in Pondy thanks to the team again !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shrivini
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank your for being our guests, it was a pleasure meeting you and having you with us.

I am glad we the Le Dupleix team has been able to make the remaining part of your honeymoon a comfortable and memorable one. Your appreciation has been shared with the team and it motivates us in our continuous endeavours to make sure every guest leaves happy and with a promise to return soon.

Once again, it was a pleasure meeting you and I do hope to be able to welcome you to Le Dupleix again, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We came to pondicherry to escape the hum drum of daily life, and le dupleix turned out to be the perfect place for us. The whole hotel was adorned with flowers and our room was decorated with lace. The staff was quick and cooperative and made sure that our every little request was taken care of. All in all it was a magical experience.
Thank you Le Dupleix for an amazing stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Pondicherry, it was a pleasure having you with us and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that the team has been able to exceed your expectations and that we have been able to make your stay in Pondicherry a comfortable and memorable one. Your appreciation of the staff has been shared with all and motivates us in our continuous efforts to assure that all our guests leave with the promise to come and visit us again.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I do hope to be able to welcome you to Le Dupleix again should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Another one of our favorite haunts in Pondicherry,this time we went as a couple during our daughter's school trip.The mango tree and lovely period furniture,the candles on the tables and the violinist(on weekends),feeling the sweat running down our bodies as we read the interesting history of Dupleix inside the menu booklet,and of course the food-the best that fusion cuisine can offer,with French names and Indian spiciness.......
The service is good,with crisp slices of French breads and tangy sauces served along with the drinks,which are very filling too,and it is a good idea to go with friends for a leisurely dinner,lively conversation and David Wacheux regaling us with his violin!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for being our guest again.

I am pleased that you enjoy our cuisine and that our services have exceeded your expectations. Your appreciation of David has been noted and I will make sure to pass it on to him.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future, I would be looking forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The best part of the hotel is it's architecture. You feel lost looking at the beautiful designs which amuses you whether you are in France for a second. The hospitality is exceptional and it is very close to sea. A perfect place to rejoice. I strongly recommend this hotel.
Cheers!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sadala A
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, it was a pleasure having you as our guests and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that the entire team of Le Dupleix has been able to exceed your expectations and appreciate your admiration of the beautifully restored building.

Should you revisit Pondicherry in the future, I hope you will be staying with us again. I would be looking forward to welcoming you to Le Dupleix again.