“Truly fit for a mayors stay”
Review of Le Dupleix

Le Dupleix
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this property just 2 days ago and I must say that this is the best place I have stayed , considering I have been to many properties from ITC, taj to Hyatt and Marriott . The service is impeccable and they took care of every need with 100% enthusiasm. The rooms very tastefully appointed and they were generous to give us a free upgrade to the penthouse suite as they felt a family of 3 would find it comfortable there. Breakfast was sufficient and absolutely more lavish than a continental one which one would expect in Europe or France. Rooms do need some time to cool down as they're huge but switching off the lights helps cool it down much faster. The locations is superb with the beach a 2 minute walk and all major destinations like the ashram, bazaars and shops around the corner. They have a beautiful park just round the corner. My room had a lovely porch infront to sit and sip tea in the morning. All In all it was a fantastic experience!! Nothing to complain about. A must stay if you visit Pondi !! Cheers

• Stayed: July 2014
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry, it was a true pleasure meeting you and having you and your parents as our guests and thank you for taking out the time to write this most wonderful review on us.

I am very happy that the entire Le Dupleix team has been able to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one and that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations. It is the encouraging words of guests like yourself, that keeps us motivated to maintain the standards set out by the management and to continuously strive to better ourselves and the services we provide.

Should you visit Pondicherry in the future, I would be looking forward to welcome you to Le Dupleix again.

There are newer reviews for Le Dupleix

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Le Dupleix is a luxary hotel, French colonial villa. Now restored and modernized. Architectural landmark evocative of the life of Nawab and General Marquis Joseph-Fracois Dupleix, then Governor of Pondicherry.
It is nice, feel the Historical enviroment, design, Food is good. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for being our guest recently.

I am pleased that the entire Le Dupleix team has been able to meet and exceed your expectations.
Your valuation of the hotel, its colonial heritage with a hint of modernization, has been noted and is very much appreciated by all of us.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for being our guest during your recent trip to Pondicherry.

I am glad you felt at home with us and that the entire team has been able to make your stay a comfortable one. Your appreciation of the team has been noted and shared with all and it will continue to motivate us in our efforts to assure that the expectations of all our guests are exceeded.

I do hope you will visit us again when your work brings you back to Pondicherry, I would be looking forward to meeting you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I came to Pondicherry for work and though it was hectic and stressful, it was always a pleasure to come back to the Le Dupleix to relax and enjoy all the comforts of a slow life. Absolutely love the heritage feel that has been maintained beautifully. The staff were always helpful and prompt, a special mention to my morning breakfast waiter, I do not remember his name and Danielle - the Operations Manager who was always trying to perfect things! My dinner was excellent, especially the home-made ice cream! Definitely the place to stay if you want a feel of old world French Pondicherry!

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, Room no 14 had a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ruth S
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest recently and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure having you with us during you recent trip to Pondicherry.

I am glad we have been able to provide the calm and quiet which I am sure was much needed during your busy schedule. Your appreciation of the staff and your specific mention of Vignesh has been noted and shared with the entire team. I have passed on your compliments to the Chef and his team which was proudly accepted.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I do hope to be able to welcome you back to Le Dupleix, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am never a big fan of big hotels, and now I am a true fan of small boutique hotels.

And Le Dupliex is definitely one of them, they made it to the list of top three boutique hotels in India (by Conde Nast) some years ago and that definitely is for a reason!!!

The hotel is designed and decorated in a tasteful way and the wood, glass architecture has great colonial charm about it,

Given that it has just fourteen rooms and we went during offpeak season it was very quiet though its right in the middle of heritage/French quarter, its gives very secluded feeling which is what we look for!
The best thing is that all the great restaurants, the promenade and many points of tourist interest are in 5 minute walking distance, so it has best of both world.

There are deluxe rooms, pent houses and one suite, we luckily got upgraded to penthouse which are huge and has almost fully glass walls with beautiful full wall length curtains the flooring and ceiling and internal walls are all wood paneled which gives it amazing feel (see pictures), the lighting of the room is subdued and subtle.

Coming to service, the hotel has one of the most friendly hotel staff that I have ever seen, always eager to help and taking care of your preferences.

The breakfast is good especially because its made to order and not your typical buffett fare, do ask for some croissants and muffins we loved those!

The hotel restaurant serves some amazing fusion food (we had the dosa with mushroom and champagne sauce which was great!) its definitely a must visit for sea-food lover, they have also very good four course menu options as well at pocket friendly rates.

Overall this place is the one to go if you are going to Puducherry, we'll definitely go again!

Room Tip: the hotel doesnt have a pool but if you want that you can use the one at "the Promenade" w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest recently, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I am happy that the entire team of Le Dupleix has been able to exceed your expectations, your appreciation has been shared with all and it motivates us in our continuous endeavours to assure that every guest promises to return soon.

It pleases me that you value the old charm and unique character of Le Dupleix as well as the delicate mix of modernity and tradition.

Once again, thank you for being our guests and I am very much looking forward to meeting you again upon your next visit to Pondicherry.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Wow real classic, unlike other hotels a Mango tree welcomes you and you will go through nice open patio style restaurant and they named it after the Mango tree, I had a very pleasant stay , the rooms are equipped with nice art work old style furniture and cupboard well maintained and neat, the staff did a swan with the towel on our bed that was a awesome , the pent house beautifully designed, the staffs were courteous and always smiling, we broke one of the lamp and they did not charge of it that’s the level of customer care. In fact the upgraded to pent house when we went for the second time
Nice place to try out some International cuisine try the Shrimp peas Ricardo which is heavenly overall it was nice experience and I would recommend to every one
One problem I see is the parking you have to park your car on the road but you have staffs always watching though

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure having been able to welcome you to Le Dupleix again during your most recent trip to Pondicherry and I would like to thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

It is always nice to see guests returning, it motivates us all in our efforts to maintain the set standards by the management and I am glad that we have been able to make you feel comfortable with us.

Your appreciation of our cuisine has been noted and shared with the entire team.

Like most hotels in the French Quarter we do not have our own parking space but with the availability of parking space within the eyesight of our security team this has so far not been a cause for concern.

I do hope you will travel to Pondicherry again in the near future, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Le Dupleix.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

If you love natural elegance of life this hotel is truely a place developed with essence of ageless taste of international style of living . Very customer centric people always ready to extend support to make you comfortable. Food and drink variety is lot and especially continental oriented choices are better . How ever the restaurant staff can be more groomed , the only one area where I noticed less courtesy and less willingness to connect with guest.
My family loved the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Pondicherry and thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure meeting you and having you as our guest.

I am happy you appreciate the elegance and character of Le Dupleix and I'm glad that we have been able to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one.
I understand your concern about the restaurant staff and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We are, and will remain, committed to assure that the expectations of all our guests are exceeded and that the standards set by the management are maintained at all times.

I do hope you will stay with us again, should you visit Pondicherry in the future. I would be looking forward to welcoming you as our guest once again.

Warm regards,