“Amazing”
Review of Le Dupleix

Le Dupleix
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I must share this amazing experience I had during my recent visit to Pondicherry. This place is historic and its restored and modernised , but still has that old world charm. I loved the food , its aromatic , light and at the same time quite filling. Being a vegetarian i also found some good choices .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for being our guest recently.

I am glad you enjoyed our cuisine, your appreciation has been shared with the Chef and his team. I would like to mention that we are on the verge of launching our new menu and I do hope you will visit us again to try out the same, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Once again, thank you for being with us and I do hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Le Dupleix

Reviewed 9 August 2014

An amazing hotel in the heart of the city that has managed to keep alive the heritage look and feel. The rooms are grand and extremely classy - each room different than the other. Food is excellent, service impeccable. This place exudes warmth and comfort, it not too loud either. My stay was extremely memorable and must say one the best hotels I have stayed in!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that at Le Dupleix we have managed to exceed your expectations and that your stay with us was comfortable and memorable. Your appreciation of our cuisine and the staff has been shared with all and it is reviews like yours that motivate us in our constant endeavours to retain the standards set by the management.

I do hope you will stay with us again, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Thank you for being our guest and warm regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

One of the most beautiful hotels that I have ever stayed in.....and also well priced. The rooms are extremely stylish, while the bathrooms are to die for....really well done !!! The food is also excellent, and we had a really scrumptious breakfast, as well as delectable lobster for dinner....since rooms are limited, the hotel doesn't get toooo crowded, which is the best part. While the property itself is heritage, the interiors have been renovated to be absolutely modern - so, it's the best of both worlds !!!

The property is so well maintained, right in the heart of the French Quarter...it's just all in all THE best place to stay at Pondy

Room Tip: Try the penthouse suites....amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiG04
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry, it was a pleasure having you as our guest, and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our cuisine and that we have been able to exceed your expectations, your appreciation has been noted and shared with the entire team.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you will choose to stay with us again should you visit Pondicherry in the future. I would be looking forward to welcome you again to Le Dupleix.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this property just 2 days ago and I must say that this is the best place I have stayed , considering I have been to many properties from ITC, taj to Hyatt and Marriott . The service is impeccable and they took care of every need with 100% enthusiasm. The rooms very tastefully appointed and they were generous to give us a free upgrade to the penthouse suite as they felt a family of 3 would find it comfortable there. Breakfast was sufficient and absolutely more lavish than a continental one which one would expect in Europe or France. Rooms do need some time to cool down as they're huge but switching off the lights helps cool it down much faster. The locations is superb with the beach a 2 minute walk and all major destinations like the ashram, bazaars and shops around the corner. They have a beautiful park just round the corner. My room had a lovely porch infront to sit and sip tea in the morning. All In all it was a fantastic experience!! Nothing to complain about. A must stay if you visit Pondi !! Cheers

• Stayed: July 2014
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry, it was a true pleasure meeting you and having you and your parents as our guests and thank you for taking out the time to write this most wonderful review on us.

I am very happy that the entire Le Dupleix team has been able to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one and that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations. It is the encouraging words of guests like yourself, that keeps us motivated to maintain the standards set out by the management and to continuously strive to better ourselves and the services we provide.

Should you visit Pondicherry in the future, I would be looking forward to welcome you to Le Dupleix again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Le Dupleix is a luxary hotel, French colonial villa. Now restored and modernized. Architectural landmark evocative of the life of Nawab and General Marquis Joseph-Fracois Dupleix, then Governor of Pondicherry.
It is nice, feel the Historical enviroment, design, Food is good. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for being our guest recently.

I am pleased that the entire Le Dupleix team has been able to meet and exceed your expectations.
Your valuation of the hotel, its colonial heritage with a hint of modernization, has been noted and is very much appreciated by all of us.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for being our guest during your recent trip to Pondicherry.

I am glad you felt at home with us and that the entire team has been able to make your stay a comfortable one. Your appreciation of the team has been noted and shared with all and it will continue to motivate us in our efforts to assure that the expectations of all our guests are exceeded.

I do hope you will visit us again when your work brings you back to Pondicherry, I would be looking forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I came to Pondicherry for work and though it was hectic and stressful, it was always a pleasure to come back to the Le Dupleix to relax and enjoy all the comforts of a slow life. Absolutely love the heritage feel that has been maintained beautifully. The staff were always helpful and prompt, a special mention to my morning breakfast waiter, I do not remember his name and Danielle - the Operations Manager who was always trying to perfect things! My dinner was excellent, especially the home-made ice cream! Definitely the place to stay if you want a feel of old world French Pondicherry!

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, Room no 14 had a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ruth S
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest recently and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure having you with us during you recent trip to Pondicherry.

I am glad we have been able to provide the calm and quiet which I am sure was much needed during your busy schedule. Your appreciation of the staff and your specific mention of Vignesh has been noted and shared with the entire team. I have passed on your compliments to the Chef and his team which was proudly accepted.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I do hope to be able to welcome you back to Le Dupleix, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.