“A Lunch To Remember”
Review of Le Dupleix

Le Dupleix
Ranked #12 of 85 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I travel to Pondicherry once a year and I always make it a point to dine at Le Dupleix. The property has a story to tell and you need to stay and dine at the hotel to feel it. I am a sucker for good food and the staff here at Dupleix definitely walks the walk and talks the talk. The food served is impeccable, the service is spot on and the restaurant has a lovely ambiance. Make sure you try the spinach and ricotta stuffed ravioli. It is the best I have had so far.

The hotel is fit for royalty as every room has it's own decor and vibe. The staff treats you very and make you feel at home. I will definitely come back to Le Dupleix, HUNGRY FOR MORE.

Room Tip: Every room is unique so go surprise yourself :) Lovely place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having lunch with us recently and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you and your colleagues enjoyed the special menu that the Chef had put together for this occasion, it was a true pleasure meeting you all and having you with us.
Your appreciation of the service provided by the team has been noted and shared with all and it is a wonderful motivator for us in our continuous efforts in assuring that every guest leaves Le Dupleix happy.

I do hope to meet you again next year, should you visit Pondicherry personally before that, I do hope you will choose to stay with us. It would be a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a dinner there which was really good.
Will recommend my friends to go and have a dinner there when they are going to pondy.
Next time would like to stay with my family.
Hotel is located near the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having come to Le Dupleix and have dinner with us during your recent stay in Pondicherry and thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations, this has been shared with the entire Le Dupleix team and is very much appreciated by all of us.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and I do hope you will stay with us with your family when you visit Pondicherry in the future. I would be looking forward to welcome you as our guest once again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The landscaping at the property is just fabulous makes for a very chic girls night!
The red snapper and caesar salad were my favorites, they have an extensive beverage menu as well. The service standards are really good, the staff makes sure you're attended and looked after throughout. I highly recommend Le Dupleix for a nice evening out

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for spending the evening with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry.

I am glad that you enjoyed the time you and your friends spent with us, it was a pleasure having you with us and your special mention of the cuisine we offer and the service provided to you is highly appreciated and has been shared with the entire team.

I do hope that upon your next visit to Pondicherry you will choose to stay with us, it would be a pleasure welcoming you to Le Dupleix and having you as our guests.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I must share this amazing experience I had during my recent visit to Pondicherry. This place is historic and its restored and modernised , but still has that old world charm. I loved the food , its aromatic , light and at the same time quite filling. Being a vegetarian i also found some good choices .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for being our guest recently.

I am glad you enjoyed our cuisine, your appreciation has been shared with the Chef and his team. I would like to mention that we are on the verge of launching our new menu and I do hope you will visit us again to try out the same, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Once again, thank you for being with us and I do hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

An amazing hotel in the heart of the city that has managed to keep alive the heritage look and feel. The rooms are grand and extremely classy - each room different than the other. Food is excellent, service impeccable. This place exudes warmth and comfort, it not too loud either. My stay was extremely memorable and must say one the best hotels I have stayed in!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that at Le Dupleix we have managed to exceed your expectations and that your stay with us was comfortable and memorable. Your appreciation of our cuisine and the staff has been shared with all and it is reviews like yours that motivate us in our constant endeavours to retain the standards set by the management.

I do hope you will stay with us again, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Thank you for being our guest and warm regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

One of the most beautiful hotels that I have ever stayed in.....and also well priced. The rooms are extremely stylish, while the bathrooms are to die for....really well done !!! The food is also excellent, and we had a really scrumptious breakfast, as well as delectable lobster for dinner....since rooms are limited, the hotel doesn't get toooo crowded, which is the best part. While the property itself is heritage, the interiors have been renovated to be absolutely modern - so, it's the best of both worlds !!!

The property is so well maintained, right in the heart of the French Quarter...it's just all in all THE best place to stay at Pondy

Room Tip: Try the penthouse suites....amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiG04
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry, it was a pleasure having you as our guest, and thank you for taking out the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our cuisine and that we have been able to exceed your expectations, your appreciation has been noted and shared with the entire team.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you will choose to stay with us again should you visit Pondicherry in the future. I would be looking forward to welcome you again to Le Dupleix.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this property just 2 days ago and I must say that this is the best place I have stayed , considering I have been to many properties from ITC, taj to Hyatt and Marriott . The service is impeccable and they took care of every need with 100% enthusiasm. The rooms very tastefully appointed and they were generous to give us a free upgrade to the penthouse suite as they felt a family of 3 would find it comfortable there. Breakfast was sufficient and absolutely more lavish than a continental one which one would expect in Europe or France. Rooms do need some time to cool down as they're huge but switching off the lights helps cool it down much faster. The locations is superb with the beach a 2 minute walk and all major destinations like the ashram, bazaars and shops around the corner. They have a beautiful park just round the corner. My room had a lovely porch infront to sit and sip tea in the morning. All In all it was a fantastic experience!! Nothing to complain about. A must stay if you visit Pondi !! Cheers

• Stayed: July 2014
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry, it was a true pleasure meeting you and having you and your parents as our guests and thank you for taking out the time to write this most wonderful review on us.

I am very happy that the entire Le Dupleix team has been able to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one and that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations. It is the encouraging words of guests like yourself, that keeps us motivated to maintain the standards set out by the management and to continuously strive to better ourselves and the services we provide.

Should you visit Pondicherry in the future, I would be looking forward to welcome you to Le Dupleix again.

Warmest regards,