I was on an impromptu visit to Pondicherry and didnt have any reservations. The moment i reached the sea face of Pondicherry i knew I had to say in one of the hotels overlooking the bay of bengal. All other hotels were too dingy and the so called best rated hotels were not even facing the sea.
During my walk I saw this white colonial styled building and my senses went WOW..If i had to stay in pondicherry it has to be The Promenade. The staff is courteous, the ambiance is great, the food is good, rooms are spacious and carry the flavor of Pondicherry architecture.
A little bit of problem I faced was with the cleanliness of the bath tub. When i checked in the room at night i found a stain on the bath tub which later came on. After a hard day of work all i wanted was to have a hot water bath and sleep.
Highly recommended for staying in Pondicherry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Promenade is a luxury boutique hotel on the ocean front of one of India's most beautiful and romantic towns. Most of the rooms overlook the shimmering waters of the Bay of Bengal. Stylishly designed rooms with wooden flooring, specially designed luxury bedding, LCD TV, work desk, Wi-Fi, tea-coffee maker, fully loaded mini bar & electronic safe. DVD player and movies on demand service. All rooms are accented with exquisitely crafted pure leather accessories & an inspiring leather head board. All baths come with a hand dryer, bath tub, magnifying mirror and international 'Bodyshop' toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Promenade Hotel Pondicherry
- Promenade Hotel Pondicherry
- Promenade Pondicherry