All reviews aurobindo ashram heritage hotel old french villa walking distance would highly recommend this hotel french town continental food market area white town the hotel staff french heritage central location place to stay deluxe rooms hotel restaurant antique furniture mini bar
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I love Pondicherry and visit once in a few months.This time round, I was taking my aunt and uncle here and wanted to stay and explore the French Quarters. Hotel Du Parc was a perfect stay in this aspect. It is a beautiful heritage building. Chrome yellow and difficult to miss, great location- a short walk from Aurobindo Ashram and the rocky beach, this hotel is lush with greenery inside and a beautiful deck to sit out in.
The staff were very helpful and courteous. They even upgraded us to a suite as we were three of us. The room was large and colonial, quite well done as well. Overall our stay was short and sweet.
The only negative here is the breakfast and cutlery. Breakfast is below average and cutlery could do with some cleaning. I would highly recommend getting out and walking a few steps to the left and eating at A2B for some yummy typical Tamilian breakfast.

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and palatial. Good if you are travelling with group.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Prithviii
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I are fans of antique/ heritage homes converted to hotels. Du parc is exactly that, with its French style entrance doors, high ceilings, duplex rooms and all that jazz. The property was built in the 1700s by the French colonials, which gives my husband and I a breeze of history that it might've witnessed during those times.

The hotel is in the French side although its just a few meters away from the hustle and bustle of the shopping market. About the hotel and its services, our booking was relatively hassle free; we were able to get a reservation 2 days in advance. The property is maintained alright, could do a bit better. The best part is the cozy courtyard in the middle. Breakfast was good enough, didn't try the restaurant though.

The room was really pretty with matching wall colours and drapes. The bathrooms were devoid of toiletries - moisturizers, shampoos & conditioners, although the soap and shampoo are ones that you wouldst want to use on account of it drying out your skin and hair. So don't forget to bring your own!

We enjoyed our little vacation because of the quaintness of the place and the sense of "cut-off" that it gives when you enter.

Happy Staying!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I think we have been here around ten times, and the stay was never disappointing. Most of the times, luckily, we get upgraded to deluxe rooms inspite of booking a standard room. My husband loves anything that's antique n we both fell in love with this place instantly. My friend introduced me to this place before 5 years n we visited this place every six months since then.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I also stayed at the Hotel du Parc based on Tripadvisor. Many visitors had highly praised it. I must say I was disappointed. As a visitor has written before me:
“Hotel doesn't look as good as good as pictures, but a fairly clean place to stay. Staff is helpful, friendly but slow. Breakfast is sufficient. Beat about this hotel is location in the French section of Pondicherry.” The first evening I had to ask the bed sheet to be changed, it was not clean! The Internet is best after midnight, but perhaps this is the overall Indian system and not the hotel. I came to Chennai by flight and the hotel arranged a car to bring me to Pondicherry for 3,200.00 INR. That was fine!

This may be a hotel that can satisfy backpackers and the price for a room per night was low. Unfortunately this hotel was not for me, which had to do with the standard of the facilities not the friendliness of the staff or the quality of the food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Located right in the middle of the French Quarter, Du Parc is a beautiful little place with many sight seeing locations set just around it !Rooms are nice and big with an old world charm.Service was very good and courteous.
We stayed as a family of 4 and had a great stay for 2 nights in May 2013.
The games room is small but we did get to inaugurate the table tennis table while we were there.
Good complimentary Breakfast - order a couple of dishes by choice and sufficient quantity was served on the table.No Buffets.
Overall Recommended - Very Good.

Room Tip: Has mezzanine rooms which children may find fun.The other duplex room was also pretty nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family