“Good Location to Shop” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Soorya International

Hotel Soorya International
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Hotel Soorya International
Ranked #67 of 73 Hotels in Pondicherry
Chennai (Madras), India
“Good Location to Shop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very Non veg stuff available, Good for stay with friends may not be suitable for a family I feel not sure but. Very close to the market place hence quick shopping is possible. Ice creams are fantastic. Opposite to an Ice cream parlour which I have not heard off anywhere it meet the Buskin robbins bill but cheaper. Getting a seat on saturday and sunday is lucky

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank krangakumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

The receptionist was very helpful and offered to reduce the room rate from 1500 to 1000 Rs; sounded great!

I said I'd be back after breakfast with my bags, and returned 40 minutes later. I was taken to a room in the adjacent building, to the 3rd floor. The lift wasn't working, but that was okay. When I entered the room it was obvious that it hadn't been cleaned properly in at least a month. When I pointed out the dirty floor, the guy did 5 seconds of mopping around near the window. Totally inadequate!
I did not check in

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank FrazzledLemur

Travellers are raving about these Pondicherry hotels

Chennai - India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2009

This is the worst Hotel I visted in my Life.I was carried away by the name "International" .Even small lodge/rooms in remote village will score more than this hotel. I have booked this hotel for my December vaccation 2 weeks earlier and paid my RS 5000 for 2 Nights (I was cheated.. One should able to get best A/C accomdation around 1100 RS in pondy. Hotel staff made me to wait more than 3 hrs in reception even though I have booked 2 weeks in advance.I did not get proper respince from the reception staff(She dont understand English/Tamil..) Highschool dropouts are managers here. Having paid 5000 RS I have no choice other than to wait in reception along with my wife and one year old baby.
Afer waiting for 3 hours I managed to get my room and I was totoally Shocked to see that room was not cleaned after the previous guest has left.
Few Remarks about the room:
1) Room is very small and no space is left even to walk
2) Dirty bed and bad smell
3) No Tube lights in room . Only two yellow bulbs one over your bed and another on the wall. In sufficient lighing and ventilation
3) TV with weak signal and No remote control
4) Noicy Window A/C with no temparature control KNOB. A/C blows air around 25 degrees.
5) *** BED BUGS will not allow you to sleep. My self and my baby developed rashes
6) Toilets are worst than public toilets. Lot of stains. Flush did not work. I need to use water from Tap/Bucket to flush.
7) No hot water in the room.
8) They dont even give you bath soap and towels
9) Only one house cleaning boy available for the entire 40+ rooms. When you ask for any service you will get only sfter 4 hrs after constant follow ups.(I asked for hot milk to my baby which I got after 4 hrs). How ever I have managed to get it outside hotel in road side tea stall.
10) Irresponsible hotel managers. They hide them self if you try to reach them.

I have given my detailed experience. I would request all the people who reads my review to stay away from this hotel.
There are lot of good hotels available in pondy with reasonable price around 1100 RS for A/C double. Please check across and have pleasant stay

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank JAXChennai
India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

I got this hotel booked via Pannicker travels, Marathahalli , Bangalore ( they are real cheats , i will describe them in another review). The tour package costed me Rs 6500/- for 1 night 2 days from bangalore to pondicherry.
Along with my family we arrived at early morning at Soorya International ( big deal they call themselves international ). I got the AC room for Rs 2500/- with horribly bad bathrooms / WC ( with stains, cockroach, it is like roadside toilet).
The staff is pathetic, don't know how to talk to people. But i had no other option since all the hotels were booked and I managed to vacate within 1 day and move to mahabalipuram.

Do not ever stay in Soorya International nor deal with PANNICKER TRAVELS, MARATHAHALLI, BANGALORE-37

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank MissionSetRight
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I had again booked this hotel through makemytrip for couple and child. When I landed at pondicherry, we were really tired as we travelled from Tirupati and my wife was 7 months pregnant with our second child. The guy at the desk stated that he is confused as their AC Delux rooms are Rs 500 more costly and he isn't sure how makemytrip could issue such voucher. He made me call makemytrip from my roaming cell phone. Makemytrip were very clear that those were the negotiated rates and they shoudl give us that room and even told the desk guy teh same. He still continued on his stance and called the manager, who wasn't of any help. They ultimately, packed us off to a cramped Non A/C room on a new building, which wasn't completely ready. From reaching the hotel to going up to this room, we were made to wait for 2 hours almost. After about one hour, we were a bit composed and I decided to go back and give them an earful. At that time, there were a group of foreigners at the desk looking for a room. This time, the manager promptly agreed to my demand and asked the bellboy to change our room realising he may miss out on a big catch if I keep squabbling there. The AC Deluxe room was definitely much better and the food at the hotel was also decent.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lacks Basic Understanding
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MumbaiTraveller007
bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2008

Before starting i would like to say that the hotel does not know the meaning of international.

The hotel was so bad that even local single star hotels are better than this and some of the problems are:

1)NO WATER FACILITY IN THE ROOM EVEN AFTER INFORMING.
2)THEY USED TO SWITCH OF THE AC AFTER MIDNIGHT 12 ,FOR THE REASON I THINK COST CUTTING.
3)NO ROOM CLEANING.
4)PROBLEM WITH THE TELEVISION.
5)NO BATHING SOAPS.
6)NO HOSPITALITY BEHAVIOUR.

If you also want such horrible experience please step into this Hell international hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank jeanBangalore
bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2008

I stayed in this hotel 3 times its very good.

in this hotel food and services is very good and cost is also average.

From pondy go strainght to Nehuru stret and there u can find this on the main road and left hand side

• Liked — Service and neat and clean
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)