“good budget hotel with great italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Corbelli

Ranked #48 of 74 Hotels in Pondicherry
Paris, France
“good budget hotel with great italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

we stayed here for over a week, we had some difficulty getting the hot water working, they came to repair it but then it did work normally (not that you need hot water so much)
but what we really loved was the food at the rooftop, really delicious italian food, its my favorite kind of food and im pretty picky when it comes to it, but that man makes some truly delicious pizza bottoms! everything was really great there.
just not the tiramisu, i love tiramisu and make it myself, so im even more picky there, but i dont think there was any mascarpone in his, and that is a must to me.

i would definitely recommend this place, if you're ok with normal things, meaning, the tiles in the bathroom are colored due to the calcium in the water and its a pretty small bathroom (at least ours was) but it was definitely clean and the bed was comfy, free bottled and internet and great food (at the top, we didnt try the bottom, we didnt feel too safe trying it)

Room Tip: ask for one that is not near the center when you're below the rooftop, the kitchen tends to make...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heleen S
c0rbelli, Manager at Hotel Corbelli, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Heleen

Greetings From Hotel Corbelli....!!!!

sorry for the inconvenient at your stay in corbelli hotel, we will corrected the errors in our hotel(hot water complaints), thanks for appreciate the Italian restaurant food, surely we will convey your regards to them, we will surely speak to the kitchen peoples for their faults.

Hotel Corbelli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you've a limited budget but want something which offers something more, this is the best place to be. The location is excellent, you can simply walk your way to all the important locations in Pondicherry. The staff are very courteous and do not bother you and respect your privacy and comfort. The rooms and bathrooms were exceptionally clean, which is very important as most budget hotels try to compromise here.
Overall, the best budget hotel in Pondicherry. Why spend 3-4K on an expensive hotel? Simply ask for their balcony room (you can mail them and they'll reserve it for you) and enjoy a bath in their bath tub!

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony rooms. They're excellent.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Somsubhro
c0rbelli, Manager at Hotel Corbelli, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Dear Mr. Somsubhro

Greetings From Hotel Corbelli....!!!!!1

thanks your so much for your comment about our hotel , your review is very much helpful for us, we will keep doing to given the good service to the guest like you.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I got really influenced by the reviews in trip advisor and opted to book this place for two nights on 14th and 15th march 2014. After reaching the place with my family, they checked me in to room no 103. Fortunately, I told the guy to show me whether warm water is coming in the bathroom tap. It was discovered that water is flowing only on warm side and the cold side is jammed. It was really difficult for me to convince the staff that water from both sides is required to take bath otherwise one will end up with burns. They tried to do some make shift things and told me that it is max that they can do. Further when I checked the blower of the central AC, it was throwing normal humid air. Hence I once again called the staff to fix it. However, the staff said that the AC works in that manner and nothing can be done. When I requested to change my room, I was told that since it is central AC, all rooms would be like this. As I had made prepayment thru a travel site makemytrip, I felt stuck. However as a last resort I went to the reception physically and requested to change the room even if I have to pay extra. By God's grace they shifted me to room no 102 without extra charge, where the AC was working. Thus I didnot ask for anything more. In this process I lost about 2 hours and missed out on the entry time to aurobindo ashram distrubing the whole of my travel schedule.
Based on my experience I would not recommend anybody to stay in this hotel if he/she is looking for a comfortable stay. The room and bathroom are dark and dirty. All fittings are corroded.There is one small window which faces to service shaft. You won't know whether it is night or day as long as you are in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LNM901
Dear Guest

Greetings From Hotel Corbelli....!!!!!

we will very sorry for your inconvenient at your check in , in our hotel corbelli, we will taken your kind review to solve all the problem in the rooms , i future we will given the good service and good rooms for your stay in pondicherry hotel corbelli, we will waiting for your next stay for given good service.

Hotel Corbelli

Travellers are raving about these Pondicherry hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was staying for 4 nights, staff were friendly and professional on arrival check in was fast and efficient. I requested a room on a higher floor so had to wait for the room to be cleaned, took longer than necessary but while I waited I went up to the top floor to look over the pool and surrounding areas there was also an Italian restaurant on the floor below tbe pool. I had dinner there food was average and quite pricey. I was unsure if the pool was clean so I never used it, photos attached, it did not look clean to me. I then went back down to the lobby area and used the free wifi while waiting for my room to be ready, the Indian restaurant below the hotel has nice food at reasonable cost I had lunch there.
Eventually my room was ready I stayed on level 4, room was spacious however had the smallest letterbox window I have come across in my travels. The bed was twin pushed together and very hard, I found this in many hotels across India. Wifi worked well although I was connecting to level 3 not 4 for some reason better, so if you have a problem try that. Bathroom was basic, shower was the otherside of the basin so did not wet the toilet each time you showered which was good.
Hotel was a 10min walk to the harbourside, you could not swim there but was a lovely area. I found a hotel that had a vacancy opposite the ocean so booked in for the last 2 nights, this is where I wanted to stay when I first booked. Nothing wrong with the Corbelli just not what I wanted for 4 nights in Pondicherry.
A good budget hotel, you pay for what you get. I would recommend the hotel for budget travellers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Karen M
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I will highly recommend this for family and bachelors :
Budget cost, clean and tidy, All rooms AC, free wifi,swimming pool
Staffs are very cooperative,,2 restaurants indian and italian - free room service

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank Bhaskar M
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

it was very comfortable stay for 2 days in pondi at hotel corebelli. they provide breakfast, which is good. we loved the room with balcony. It is on the main street, lot of options for food. close to the beach and you can just walk.
This is center of pondi and all important places can be walkable...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank moorbird
India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

The staff at Corbelli is very friendly and helped us with a lot of information regarding directions, where to rent a bike, safety in general etc. The Hotel is at Prime location with most of the things around just 5-10 mins away by bike. The rooms are Spacious and hygienic with Hot + Cold water 24 hrs. The hotel also offers very decent Breakfast :)

Thanks for the wonderful stay

Room Tip: Take the room on upper floors with balcony
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple