“Good hotel in the french quarter, away from the hustle but close enough to the action”

Pondicherry Executive Inn Pvt Ltd
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Pondicherry
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Took us an hour to find, however it was on expected lines having read reviews on this hotel by fellow travellers. A boutique hotel focused on customer service. Quick and efficient service, good food (though I wish they had some more variety in their breakfast menus) and an idyllic location. Its a lovely little place, worth a stay for sure

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Prasanna K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Pondicherry was an exquisite experience of Little India flavored with the French affluence. We were uncertain of how our travel log would be like, until we entered The Pondicherry Executive Inn.

It was like coming home to your family. The warmth of "The Mother" could be seen as she looks down on you. The Hostess and owner of this hotel, Mrs. Beena, went out of her way to greet us with our long lost age-old heritage of Atithi Deva Bhava feeling. In this materialistic world, she administers a genuine system of feeling of taking care of the customers who walk in.

The rooms' ambience were excellent and the food was great. My son refused to leave the room as he felt quite at home. It is located in the French part of town and a walk-able distance to panoramic Pondicherry beach, Arobindu Ashram and 500 year-old Vinayaka Temple.

The local people are nice and respectful and the very sight of the water and a cup of coffee at The Le' Cafe was so peaceful.

Although it was a short 2 day trip we look forward to traveling again. See you soon Pondicherry and your adorable Executive Inn. God bless you all!

* Sridharan, Sonu & Vijayadhitya

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have fallen in love with Pondicherry. Completely, totally in love. Been there thrice over the past five months now. And I believe Executive Inn is greatly responsible for this. Two minute's walk from the Aurobindo Ashram, the Manakula Vinayakar temple, the beach - right at the start of the French Quarters - what else can one ask for?

Add to that the warm hospitality of the staff - all members talk English, Hindi, Tamil, and some are quite fluent in Bengali as well, I discovered. The food is scrumptious and the rooms large airy and clean. I suggest the suite for families.

When I landed there the first time, i had no idea I would end up becoming friends with the lady who runs the establishment and with the staff. I have now started to look at this place as a home away from home. So much so, that my husband took me here right after our wedding. And guess what, he's i love with this place too.

Here's hoping I can make it many more times. And soon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Executive inn is a family owned business run by Mrs Beena whom, we met during our stay there. She is an excellent host and was warm and friendly.

The hotel is located in the French quarter of Pondicherry. Most of the tourist attractions including the famed mother's ashram are near by. The best part though is its proximity to the beach, which is a minutes walk from the hotel.

The rooms have air-conditioning and are clean and neat with friendly staff. They have complimentary breakfast which is an added bonus.

We enjoyed our stay and would most definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Pondicherry is best explored by foot or by cycle. This cozy place located bang in the french town - the best part of Pondicherry, aided just that. Apart from full marks for its location,(a stone throw away distance from the beach and other important tourist locations) the hotel can boast of clean and comfortable rooms. Considering its location and other amenties that the hotel has to offer, it was also total value for money.
The hotel offers complementary breakfast and also has a restaurant were the food is pretty decent.
The best part though was the personalised touch and exceptional service given to the guests which infact prompted me to review the place.
Being run by a Woman, who seems to be treating her guests with so much care and courtesy - to the extent of personalising food according to our requirements, the place really felt like home away from home.
I would totally recommend this place to my friends and I'm going there right back wherever I plan to visit Pondicherry.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with Balconies.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Let me start by saying that the Lady managing the property is a superb host. I travelled to Pondicherry with my family and we were made to feel at home here. The rooms are neat and clean and the food is also good. Special care was taken by the lady mentioned to make food as per our north Indian taste. This place is recommended to all but more so to North Indians looking for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed with my family for couple of days here. We as a family enjoyed our stay here. It gave the feeling of staying at our own home! The staff and management is very friendly and courteous. We stayed in Suite and it was very clean and comfortable. The property has restaurant on site and the food is very good and its really value for money. This property is very close to Manakula Vinayagar Temple, Aurobindo Ashram and the beech as well. Overall, we really enjoyed staying here and we will certainly do visit again and stay here. Sridhar and Family.

Room Tip: If you are going as family of three then select the suite
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family