“Very Bad Experience”

Summit Ttakshang Residency Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 115 Hotels in Gangtok
“Very Bad Experience”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were a group of 7 ( 3 Adults + 4 Children) and we had booked 2 deluxe rooms via make my trip for stay for 2 nights. When we landed at the hotel the reception staff stated that only one room was booked and that they can accomodate us in the suite room at an extra cost of Rs 2000/ night. I showed them the two seperate vouchers which they said they are not responsible for and asked me to get in touch with their reservation office . I was unable to get in touch with make my trip on account of connectivity issues ( Heavy rain in Gangtok) and then tried to get in touch with their reservation office. The reservation office were atleast cordial and said that they there was a mistake on their side and will give us the suite at no extra cost ( I had paid for two rooms). Since I had no option we went ahead with the suite ( The suite had two bed rooms but only one bathroom) and with so many kids it put us under severe time pressure in the mornings as we had to leave each day around 7 30.

Apart from this the Bathroom was badly maintained with the Bathtub cracked ( see picture) . When I enquired with the reception they said that they have raised a complaint and it will get rectified soon and this will not affect us and that other people continue to use this in the present condition and it should not be an issue for us which I thought was a very casual comment

Further the room service was pathetic. I had placed an order for the kids at 6 30 and was told that the Chef was busy preparing for the Buffet dinner and room service orders would be taken after 7 , 10 minutes later they said food will be delivered after 7 30. At around 7 45 I went and asked for the status of the food delivery I was told that the Chef was still busy in preparing the buffet and would will be delivered after 8 . At 8 20 the food was finally delivered . It is very clear that the restaurant wants to promote only the buffet food and not the ala carte menu and hence they do not attach importance to room service at all. Even in the previous day we had to wait for nearly one and half hours for the food delivery.

The worrying aspect was that the staff just dont seem to care at all about Customer service

We had a very bad experience at the hotel.

2 Thank Rajesh R
SumitMitruka, Guest Relations Manager at Summit Ttakshang Residency Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 June 2015

Namaste!

It is really disappointing to note that we could not meet your expectations during your recent stay and we apologies for the lapse. We have taken a note of the areas of concerns as highlighted in your feedback and assure to take prompt measures and improvise on all our services.

I want to personally assure you that your feedback would go a long way in improving our services.

The entire team at The Summit joins me in requesting you to experience our hotel just one more time and allow us to exhibit how feedback from valued guests like you help us improve our services and eventually guest experience.

Looking forward to your visit.

Guest Relation Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Summit hotels is total flop show.We stayed in their Kalimpong & Gangtok properties. Kalimpong stay was total disaster.Gangtok is equally disappointing as what u see in photos is NOT what u get. Anyone looking for quality of acccomodation, please stay away.

1 Thank Indiawali2014

Namaste!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Summit Hotels and Resorts and for your valuable feedback.

It is really disappointing to note that we could not meet your expectations during your visit. I can assure you that it is absolutely uncharacteristic of our hotel and I sincerely regret that this has happened. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse.

Request you to kindly allow us the privilege of having you at The Summit once more and hence give us another opportunity to exhibit the changes and improvements post your feedback.

Looking forward to your return.

Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had done booking via make my trip for 10 days package, So, my first rest point was Summit Ttakshang Residency. Once we reached hotel I was told that my regular room is not available so they are going to give suite. After a warm reception they gave the key and a attendant helped us to show our suite.
The room was clean and specious and view from the window was awesome. The staff was very helpful. I stayed there for three days and I must tell you that food was very very good and tasty.

It would be better to take buffet than room service.

Room Tip: Better to opt for suite. Avoid Corner room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
SumitMitruka, Guest Relations Manager at Summit Ttakshang Residency Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 March 2015

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing us and writing a wonderful review of your stay with us on this forum.

I have shared your review with the entire team and all are filled with cheers to receive your kind words of appreciation.

Our team is committed to exceeding our guest’s expectations, and your feedback motivates the team to strive harder.

We look forward to your return and to welcoming you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is located close to the main MG road at Gangtok. The hotel is well maintained. The view of Mountains is available only in Suites and not in standard or deluxe rooms. There are quite a few good Vegetarian Restaurants as Pariwar, Masala etc.in proximity. The Breakfast menu in Ttakshang Residency is amazing with a variety of North and South Indian dishes.

Room Tip: Get suite room if affordable for a view of the Hills

Namaste!

Thank you for choosing Summit Hotels and Resorts and for your wonderful review.

It is glad to know that you enjoyed the overall stay with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the wide variety of our breakfast buffet. Our chefs were very happy when I shared your review with them.

Awaiting for an opportunity to serve you again in future.

Dhanbad, India
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The staff have no clue about guest handling. Even after prior booking you dont get the room that you booked . Order for food and wait for 2hrs 45 min is ridiculous. Only two waiters at the restraunt. A big No no to this hotel. Surprised to see a rating of 4 given by trip advisor

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sandeep_dey07

Namaste!

Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stay from 21st may to today checking out, I thought it would be great for every one to get our feed back
The hotel is at remarkable location just 2 to 3 min to M G MARG.
The staff were helful and joyful persons trying to help every moment. Our special tkanks to AMARNATH , DEPASH AND MARK Who made our stay memorabke which we cannot forget.
Thanks everyone and goodbye see u all soon

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Namaste!

Thank you for choosing Summit Hotels and Resorts and for your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to be at your service and thank you once again for your support. What can be better when our guest promises to be back in future. We are waiting for that opportunity to knock and extend our services to you again.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Bangalore
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Amazing experience at Summit Ttakshang - we loved the stay there, d location was great, but d people made all d difference.

While the Summit staff, especially Vivek, were very very accommodative of the numerous changes we made to our itinerary, the Ttakshang staff will always remain in our hearts. Very warm, resourceful, smiling, extremely hospitable were Sudan, Chum Sang, Amar, Vignan n everybody there.

We enjoyed the spa as well.

What worked best is the proximity to d most important MG marg n Lal bazaar.

For my wife n I, after travelling a bit, found Ttakshang to have one of the warmest n best in class hospitality, which we feel is most important while on vacation.

We highly recommend Ttakshang to all tourists visiting gangtok.

Thanks guys,

Divya n Santosh

• Stayed May 2014

Namaste!

Thank you for choosing Summit Hotels and Resorts and for your lovely review on this forum.

We are truly satisfied that the overall stay with us was marked with Exceptional Value. Exceptional Services. Your are indeed so true the location of our hotel is very convenient.

I have taken a pride to share your review with the entire team and everyone thanked you for highlighting their names.

We would love to be at your service and look forward to your stay.