A heritage property , the hotel is very well located , just off the main town centre of Gangtok . We spent 4 nights and were looked after extremely well . The hotel is full of antique furniture , photographs and paintings . Small and cosy . We had a deluxe room which was spacious . Courteous staff and good food . Priced higher than most Gangtok hotels but worth the comfort .
They could set up a better travel desk
A beer in the lawn overlooking the valley and the football stadium is recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elgin Nor-Khill ("the house of jewels")is known for its tradition and ethnic Sikkimese ambiance. It is now a luxury heritage property. The Kanchan garden affords a rich view of the hills with the Mount Kanchenjungha in the background, which inspired the Chogyal (King) of Sikkim to paint for hours. The Elgin Nor-Khill was built by the King of Sikkim in 1932 and is the oldest heritage property in Gangtok, the property has played host to numerous celebrity guests such as his holiness The Dalai Lama, Hollywood stars Sir Richard Gere, Michael Douglas and Shirley Maclaine, the US Ambassador to India His Excellency John Galbraith and many more. The lobby is resplendent in the bright folk Sikkimese art with design motifs depicting dragons and flame symbols to thankas and ornate Sikkimese furniture (bachu, chocsue) and traditional jewelry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elgin Nor-Khill Gangtok Hotel Gangtok
- Nor Khill Gangtok
- The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok Sikkim