A very popular hotel, car park rammed, long wait at reception. Room quite small but cosy, but overlooking a flat roof and the aircon unit droning all night. Had to have the window open and the fan on to circulate some air as it was hot inside although not excessively warm outside. Was a bit too late to order anything to eat so settled for a snack and a pint in the bar - beer was quite pricey and the only snacks were crisps sadly. I could have found my way to the vending machine in the gym I guess.
So an early start and went down to breakfast at just after 6.30 to find that it was not open - advised that it did not open until 7.00 despite what the room brochure said. Come on guys, some of us have work to get to!! So all in all, this is a 3 not the 4 I would have given if I had missed my breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly and very comfortable, you'll feel relaxed from the moment you arrive. Near the heart of the Peak district where you will find delightful walks and spectacular views. Chatsworth House, fun-packed thrills of Alton Towers, and extensive shopping at East Midlands Outlet are all nearby. Enjoy our modern gym, indoor pool, spa bath and optional health & beauty treatments. Beautiful suites available for meetings and events, from conferences to weddings. If you are planning a trip abroad, the hotel is just 30 minutes from East Midlands Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Derbyshire Derby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton
- Derbyshire South Normanton
- The Derbyshire Derby South Normanton