“typical (but good) premier inn”

Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Standard met expectations : room clean and comfortable with all the usual "extras" - breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. We also ate in the adjacent restaurant - Burger and Hot Dog Night - again plenty of choice and good value for money. Staff here are always very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfeld Premier Inn. Myself and team pride ourselves of providing the highest levels of Customer Service to all of our guests and ensuring that our rooms are serviced to meet these standards as well and I am delighted that you found this to be so during your recent stay. I will pass your comments on to the General Manager of the adjoining Restaurant for them to share with their team regarding your visit there during your stay. Should you visit the area again we would happy to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great hotel, have stayed here around 5 times for work purposes and would also happily stay here for a personal stay too. Rooms are lovely, clean and tidy. Staff are friendly, restaurant good value for money too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your comments following your stays with us recently at The Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team work hard to ensure that we continue to met the high standard of cleanliness expected by guests staying with Premier Inn and to ensure that all members of staff are friendly and helpful to every guest. I hope that you continue to stay with us again in the future through your work or with family and friends and we look forward to welcoming back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was really surprised at how nice this hotel is. I thought the room was basic but with good space. The bed was really comfortable and everything you need is already provided (fan, blowdryer, tea/coffee, water boiler however no phone). It's just off the highway but extremely quiet! I got a great sleep. The staff were really amazing and extremely helpful. The wifi worked well and is cheap (only 3 GBP for 24 hours). I would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: I had one at the back of the building on the first level (54 I think) and it was extremely quiet. I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Premier Inn pride themselves on providing exceptionally high levels of Customer Service to every guest that stays with them and I am very pleased to hear that we met these standards during your recent stay with us. We have recently had new double glazing installed in all of our rooms which has had a huge impact on the noise reduction in the room's and it is extremely helpful to receive feedback from our guests. I will share your comments with all of my team, should you visit the area again we would very much like to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

As PI 's go this one is clean and tidy and well positioned just off the M1. However this is probably one of the oldest I have stayed in and I have stayed in over 50 in the last year. The interior takes you back a good few years and the addition of a nice old tv set just sets it off. No LCD's here. Don't get me wrong, the standards are just as good as was the cleanliness and the staff however due to the size of the hotel and the number of people who stay there PI need to do some investment and get this up to their usual standard of today and not yesteryear.
I would stay there again if no other choices available but with the number of refitted units rising and the addition of 46in LCD's in these hotels it would take a lot to venture back in here. Yes I am picky but why should the standards not be the same everywhere?
On a good note the Brewers Fayre next door which was packed churned out our food very quickly and it was fine. If you like old this is for you. If you like modern go to another one.

Room Tip: Well insulated so doesn't really matter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I have read through your comments and although we are an older Premier Inn myself and team work hard to ensure with deliver the high standards of both Customer Service and cleanliness expected in all Premier Inns. We are at present time having an upgrade in our bathrooms and this week the installation of new Flatscreen TV's in all of our rooms starts, we also just recently have had new double glazing installed in all of our rooms. I will pass your comments onto the General Manager of the adjoining Brewers Fayre Restaurant for them to share with their team. I hope that should you visit this area again in the future you would consider staying at our Premier Inn again. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at this Premier Inn as first time users we were very impressed by the Staff very polite and helpfull the room was very comfortable we stayed 3 nights and had good food as well we will certainly use Premier inns again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted that you choose our Premier Inn to visit as your first stay with Premier Inn. Myself and team work very hard to ensure that we deliver the high levels of Customer Service and Cleanliness expected at all Premier Inns and I am very glad to hear that you found this during your stay with us. Should you visit the area again we would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights, well recommended , nothing any trouble for staff & good food in adjoining pub/restaurant, will certainly be going back again, thanks for everything.asked about distance to alton towers, not far to drive, this will be our next trip/stay over

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for your recent comments following your stay with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing excellent levels of Customer Services and Cleanliness within our Premier Inn. Myself and team work hard to ensure that each of our guests staying with us receive a smile and a friendly face upon check in and I am very pleased to hear that this was in case during your stay. I will pass on your comments regarding our adjoining Brewers Fayre Restaurant for the General Manager to share with their team. We are always happy to help with recommending places to visit and providing directions to make it easier for you whilst staying with us and again I am very happy that this happened during your stay. I hope that if you do revisit the area you will choose to stay with us again and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Great value for a 2 night stay whilst visiting family for a wedding. Very comfortable and staff very friendly and helpful. We had stayed here before and would stay again. It's quite near the motorway but there is no traffic noise to be heard

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Myself and team work hard to enusure that we deliver the high levels of Customer Service and cleanliness that "Premier Inn" promise to every guest. We have recently had new double glazed windows installed in all of our Premier Inn rooms which has had a huge impact on the noise levels in the rooms overlooking the A38 road. I am very happy to hear that should you be in the area again you would be very happy to stay with us, we look forward to being able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Normanton
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Clifton Hotel
Clifton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mansfield

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel? Share your experiences!