“A good hotel for exploring the area or for the business traveller”

Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The good...

Very friendly and helpful staff both front of house and also in housekeeping. Reception staff were extremely good at sorting out the recurring Wi-Fi problems

Handy to main M1 and also to the Designer Outlet Centre

The bad...

There are only 2 disabled spots in front of the hotel and these were occasionally occupied by cars without blue badges - it might be an idea to allocate a few more disabled spots as there certainly is plenty of room in the car park

The frustrating...

Wi-Fi is free for 30 minutes each day with a £3 charge for 24 hours or if you are staying longer £10 for 7 days. Aside from the fact that I consider Wi-Fi should be free in all hotels and in all areas of the hotel I did not think £10 for a week was too excessive - the frustration came in the fact that the Wi-Fi signal dropped from time to time - this seemed to be a particular problem in room 17 - I'm not sure if there is a 'black spot' in this area of the hotel as when I walked up the corridor with my iPad and almost reached reception the signal came back on and then went off again as I walked back towards my room. This I found to be very frustrating though as I said the staff at reception quickly sorted things out for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team pride ourselves on delivering high levels of Customer Service in both reception and house keeping and I am very happy to hear that you experienced this during your recent stay with us. Again I would like to thank you for your comments on the strength of the WiFi signal in the room you stayed in during your visit. I have contacted our WiFi provider and they are sending an Engineer out to site to have a look at the issue you raised. Once again thank you for bringing this to my attention. Regarding the parking of cars in the disabled bays without blue badges, my reception team try to monitor cars that use the disabled bays to ensure they are used by guests that require disabled parking, we do have other disabled bays outside the adjoining Restaurant, however due to the Premier Inn & Restaurant being an extremely busy site it is not always possible to ensure this happens. If you visit our Premier Inn again and need a disabled parking space please call the hotel prior to your arrival and we will make sure that if the disabled bays are occupied that we will get you a space as close to reception as possible until one becomes available, we would also by happy to bring any luggage into the hotel for you and help in anyway we can. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our third or fourth visit and just a little disappointing after such excellent stays before. Staff could not be faulted - very polite, friendly and helpful. The room as always seemed spotless but closer inspection found a crumbled biscuit in the corner of the room just by the armchair. It was the when we arrived on the Saturday afternoon and was still there when we left on the Monday morning. The rest of the room and the bathroom was very clean and tidy. The big disappointment was the temperature of the room - very chilly. When we arrived during the afternoon it was about 9 Celsius outside. The room felt chilly and on checking the thermostat it was set at 22, although that definitely wasn't the temperature in the room. The small electric heater felt hot, although didn't seem to be making too much difference. My wife tried to turn the heating to maximum - 23c - but it slipped back to 21 or 22. We didn't have time to check further as we were due at our daughter's house. Our return at around 11:30 that night found a very chill room. We climbed into a very comfortable bed, but our sleep was not wonderful due to feeling cold. At around 2 in the morning I put my wife's coat over her side of the duvet and she became warmer, but I didn't have a coat! We mentioned it to reception the next morning, advised of the faulty thermostat/heating control and asked for an extra duvet. By the time we returned from breakfast a portable heater had been placed in our room. On our return at 9 in the evening the heater was still there but no duvet. I went down to reception and they apologised profusely and gave me one to add to our original duvet. Our second night was warm and comfortable with no problems. So on the whole a pleasant and comfortable stay, but for the odd problems. Just a little surprised and disappointed that Premier Inn didn't offer to stand by their promise of a guaranteed good night's sleep. It's not what we got the first night, the staff were made aware of it but no one mentioned the guarantee. It won't put us off though. We are booked to return in February next year.

Room Tip: Make sure the heating is working properly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing a high level of Customer Service for both reception and house keeping. I have read your comments on the issue of a crumbled biscuit being left in your room and I am must apologise to you for this, I have spoken to the House Keeper to ensure that this does not happen again, all rooms once serviced are checked prior to being released for check in and this was clearly not acceptable. I have read through your comments regarding the issue with the extra duvet requested not having been put on your bed for you and the room not being warm enough for you. We have over the last week increased the temperatures in our rooms as the weather has dropped colder outside. If I could ask you to contact the Premier Inn Reception and ask to speak to myself so that I can speak to you regarding your first night's stay with us and get the matter resolved for you. I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future. I am also very pleased to hear that these issues have not put you off staying with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn early next year. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I feel a bit sorry for the person who's never stayed in a better Premier Inn than this one....there are plenty that are. Stayed here for 1 night to break up a journey down the M1....I guess many people do the same, because it's very close.
The welcome at reception was friendly, but the room was a bit bleak and cold....it felt much more bargain basement that a lot of the Premier Inns we've used in the past. The heating wasn't on properly, and the TV screen was just bolted to the desk in front of the bed. I paid the £3 for the '24 hours' of WiFi, but it failed after about an hour. (btw....why can you get free WiFi in a B&B in rural South India....but you have to pay an extortionate rate for it in the UK?? WiFi is now as much an essential as electricity & running water....and it's cheap).
The hotel is pretty close to the A38, but the road noise is pretty well subdued. There was no internal noise.
The restaurant staff were all very cheerful and welcoming, and the continental breakfast was more than enough, especially the good choice of fruit salad or compote. Good coffee too.

Room Tip: Probably ask for a room away from the A38 side....I think that will be the even numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you received a friendly welcome at reception. However, I am disappointed to hear that you found you room to be cold upon arrival. Over the last week we have increased the temperatures in our Premier Inn rooms to a higher level as the weather outside has dropped. The House Keeper makes sure that they switch the thermostat's up in every room to ensure that the rooms are warm ready for guests checking in, I am sorry that this was not the case for you on your recent visit. I have read your comment regarding the WiFi connection, I am sorry that the connection failed, if you had spoken to the receptionist about the signal failure we could have re-booted our router which would have repaired the lost signal, I will look into this matter further to make sure this is not an issue for other guests staying with us, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will pass your comments onto the Restaurant General Manager regarding your visit to the adjoining Restaurant for them to share with there team. If you visit the area again I hope that you choose to stay with us again as we would very much like to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Genuinely friendly staff, outstandly clean and comfy rooms badly let down by critically flawed maintence of poorly adjusted door closer mechanisms that make room enty and exit unacceptably noisy for guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scanway
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please could you email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Only had one night here, but by far the best night we have spent in a premier inn. Gillian on reception was lovely, made us feel very welcome and just had a wonderful warm manor when explaining everything to us. Room was very clean, no noise to be heard at all, and for a change (in our experience) the restaurant served a decent meal. We will definitely use this Premier Inn when travelling up this way again, thanks for a great night :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nickyferret27
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team work hard to ensure we deliver the highest levels of Customer Service to all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to send a special mention to Gillian who delivered these standards to you during your stay. I will make sure that I pass these comments onto her personnally and all off my team members. I will also pass your comments on to the Restaurant General Manager for them to share with their team members regarding your meal in the adjoining Restaurant. When you are travelling in our area again we would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for my a family birthday after a day at Alton towers. The staff could not do enough to accommodate a late check in/check out and we're great in allowing another family member to come early and put flowers in the room.

Rooms very comfortable and breakfast great with a huge choice whichever as all be tasty.

Stayed: October 2013
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your special occassion and you had a lovely time with your family. Myself and team work hard to ensure that we are welcoming, friendly and accomodating to all of our guests and I am very happy to hear that this was the case during your stay. I will pass your comments onto the Restaurant General Manager regarding your comments on the great breakfast you had for them to share with their team. Should you be in the area again we would like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a two night stay in the hotel while on a business trip. Where the normal high standard of cleanliness and rooms were there, the room was far too warm and the noise from the local roads prevented us from opening the window. We feel Air Conditioning would be good for such occasions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you found our Premeir Inn met the high standards expected at Premier Inn. We welcome feedback from our guests on their stay. We have just recently had new double glazing installed in all of our bedrooms, the heating units in our rooms are self controlled by guests which allows you to have the room hotter/colder to suit, we are an older site and we do not have Air Conditioning in our rooms, however we have fans/sheets available at reception (which are in the rooms during May/Sept) should guests require either for their rooms. I am sorry to hear that you found the room to warm during your stay. Should you be in the area again if you call ahead we can make sure that you are in a room in a different part of the hotel away from the main road which would allow you to have the window open and not hear the traffic from the road outside. We would very much like to welcome you back to our Premier Inn should you be in the area again. Again thank you for your feedback

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Normanton
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Clifton Hotel
Clifton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mansfield

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel? Share your experiences!