“Excellent value!”

Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at this Premier Inn for three night over half term.
It was excellent value for money. We got three nights for the price of one night in the hotel directly across the road.
The staff were very friendly and the room clean. We slept well.
We ate one night at the attached Brewers Fayre and enjoyed our meal.
Location ideal for exploring the area - very close to the shopping outlet and close to all of the local tourist spots such as Bakewell and Matlock Bath!

Room Tip: Room 29 faced towards to back of the building and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SleeplessInDundee
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at our Premier Inn. I am delighted that you found everything met the highest of standards as in all Premier Inns. I have read your comments on our location we are an ideal base to choose to be able to explore the many delights Matlock and the Peak District offers all within a short drive. I have shared your comments with the General Manager of the adjoining Brewers Fayre Restaurant for them to share with their team following your visit. Should you be in the area again in the future we would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Easy to find off M1; good car park; reception friendly (even tho I arrived near midnight); room generous, and clean; huge bed + plenty of pillows; great Samsung TV on a generous desk unit, with mirror; competent bathroom.
These are all reasons why I use Premier Inn so much. But no lift ...

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank georgiahay

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you are a frequent Premier Inn user and that you found we met the high standards in our site. Myself and team all work extremely hard to ensure we deliver the highest levels of Customer Service and Cleanliness for all of our guests. I have read your comments regarding the fact that we do not have a lift in our site, should you stay with us again in the future please call ahead of your stay direct to site and we will make sure that you are allocated a ground floor room for your convenience. Once again many thanks for your comments and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn should you visit the area again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

a wonderful hotel. friendly reception staff. this was our first premier inn stay. we normally stay in travelodge. but this stay was much cheaper . the room was spotlessly clean. ive never stayed anywhere so quiet. we only heard people walking in the corridors and opening the firedoor at the side of our room. the hotel has a no noise after 10pm policy and it works. we couldnt hear any outside noise and it was a very windy night. didnt have breakfast in the brewers fayre but had dinner both days. you can take drinks from the bar to your room. really impressed with the premier inn. never seen so many staff in a hotel and this showed in the cleanliness. we will certainly use premier inn again. the beds are very comfy (my hubby probably made the mattress as he works for the company who supply hypnos) although quite high, i had to climb in lol and the rooms are warm. only thing is, my hubby likes to sit in comfort when chilling before bed, we only had one comfy chair in the room so i had to sit on the bed which im not keen to do wearing outdoor clothing. 2 comfy chairs or even a small sofa would make the room perfect. thank you premier inn!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy W
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn and choosing our site as your first Premier Inn location I am thrilled with the comments you have wrote, myself and team pride ourselves on ensuring that all of our guests are welcomed by a friendly receptionist, all of our rooms are cleaned to the highest of standards as expected in all Premier Inns. We have recently had new double glazing installed which has had a massive impact on external noise and my night receptionists conduct hourly corridor checks to ensure that guests experience a "Quiet Night" during their stay. I have read your comments regarding their only being 1 comfy chair in the room, this is a Premier Inn standard, however if you stay again in a Premier Inn please call the site direct we can then arrange for you to be allocated a room that has a sofabed in, otherwise an extra chair can be placed in your room prior to your arrival. Should you be in our area again we would very much like to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Great hotel which was very easy to find. The car park was really well lit. As always fantastic comfy room, really clean and very spacious. Brilliant staff so helpful, especially when a power cut had blown out the wi-fi. Dinner and breakfast were both good with a choice of foods to suit most budgets. Restaurant was very busy on Saturday night so would recommend booking a table early. Room was a bit warm and heating control didn't seem to work, but to be fair I didn't mention it to reception so I can't complain. Much better value for money and comfort than the Derbyshire across the road.
Highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here again when next up for training.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sausagemonkey
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing both high levels of both Customer Service and Cleanliness for all of our guests. I am delighted that you found this during your recent stay with us. I have read your comments with regard to the room being a little to warm for you, we have put the temperature of the rooms up due to the cold weather we are experiencing at present time to ensure they are warm enough for our guests. I am sorry that you found the room to warm for you, if you do stay with us again please ask at reception and will make sure we lower the temperature in your room for your stay. Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when next up for training.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Overnight stay only. Friendly receptionist, warm and comfortable room, very clean. would definitely recommend. Think the wi fi should be free instead of having to pay £3.00 extra. Attached to Brewers Fayre excellent evening meal and lovely breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you found your stay with us enjoyable and that we met the high standards expected of all Premier Inns. I have shared your comments with the General Manager of the adjoining Brewers Fayre Restaurant for them to share with their team. With regard to your coments on our WiFi being chargable, Head Office monitor all feedback from guests and I will ensure that your comments are passed onto them. Myself and team look forward to being able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn should you visit the area again. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family (2 adults, 6yr old & 6 month old) stayed here for a family event in Mansfield. The family room that I booked was great and the travel cot provided was superb. The room was comfy, clean and well looked after. We were on the ground floor and there was no noise whatsoever. We had dinner in the attached restaurant which was ok but nothing special and a little overcrowded. I would recommend finding a nearby pub for some better food. We also had breakfast the following morning in the same restaurant and was pleasantly surprised as to how good it was compared to dinner the night before. Much more casual and well attended by the staff. Overall a great stay and we will use this again. Advanced booking of £29 per night!! :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team work very hard to ensure we deliver the highest levels of both Customer Service and Cleanliness to all of our guests and I am very happy to hear you found this during your stay. Our Restaraunt is an extremely busy site and we always do advise pre-booking on arrival. However should you visit us again in the area we are always happy to provide locations of other family Restaurants in the area close by. Premier Inn pride themselves on providing an "All You Can Eat" Breakfast" for our guests and again I am delighted you found this so. I will pass your comments onto the Restaurant General Manager for them to share with their team and address the issues you raised. If your family visits the area again we would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have been to the Premier Inn at Mansfield a few times and never been disappointed with the service we receive.

On this visit we arrived late on Christmas Eve to find, as always, a cheerful, helpful receptionist and a warm welcome. She wished our two young boys a happy Christmas, gave them both a present and hoped that we both would have a good stay.

I mentioned that in a previous review I had suggested nightlights, and that the manager had responded to say she had bought some. Sure enough, the receptionist went into the office and found one for us - perfect service.

The room, identical to every other in the place, was clean, comfortable and cosy. The large double bed comfortable and the two singles for the boys equally so.

We didn't have any breakfasts in the adjoining Brewers Fare this time around but did bring a drink from the bar to our room and relaxed with our boys before an early night.

As always, the staff were great, even those who had drawn the short straw and were working Christmas Day, friendly and fabulous. A credit to the hotel and the manager.

We will be back...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us at our Premier Inn over the Christmas Holidays. It is very nice to hear that you have stayed with us previously and that you continue to return to visit us. Myself and team work hard to ensure with deliver the highest levels of Customer Service to all of our guests all year, but over the Christmas period we especially like to add a little something special to ensure our younger visitors know that Santa Claus knows where they are by leaving them a small gift. Personally I do read all of the reviews that our guests post and any suggestions made to improve your stay wherever possible we do try to accommodate so I am really pleased that you found the nightlight useful during your recent stay. Once again thank you so much for your comments I will share them with my team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again to Mansfield when you visit the area in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Normanton
Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf
Mour Hotel
Mour Hotel
#1 of 1 in Annesley

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel? Share your experiences!