“Excellent stay”

Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a regular business traveller to Mansfield. In my few visits, I stayed at another hotel which is just oppsite to Premier Inn. However, they charged at much higher rate, average food, cold staff attitude, and very out dated furnishing. But they claim they are a 5-star hotel!

I started my first stay at Premier Inn Mansfield in an unexpected instance. Because I checked-in at that "another hotel", it was a very cold winter time, they heating system was broken down. A staff only gave me a portable heater! I can't stand for it so I said I have to check out right now. But they still insist charge me one night at GBP89. OK, I paid it.

I moved to Premier Inn immediately. Although it is a "no-star" hotel. But the staff is very friendly, room is clean and tidy, nice food, and most important is only GBP64. I enjoyed my stay and changed to Premier Inn for all of my future visits.

I am highly recommend Premier Inn Mansfield to any one who will visit in that area. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room, because you have to climb the stair to second floor. No lift available.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Charles K
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visits to the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the hotel located across the road from us, however this then led you to staying with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn and I am delighted that your experience converted you to a regular Premier Inn Guest. Myself and team work hard to ensure that every Guest that chooses to stay with us have an enjoyable time and that they are greeted by friendly staff, allocated a clean and comfortable room and that the price is favourable. I am delighted to hear that you will recommend our Premier Inn and will choose to stay with us again when you revisit the area in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Another nice Premier Inn Hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff. Hotel room very clean and comfortable. Breakfast in restaurant very good. It was an ideal location for us to explore the Peak District. Walls and ceiling could do with some soundproofing though as one night we could hear the man in the next room snoring (this caused a bit of a giggle). Also at times it sounded like a small herd of elephants clomping around in the room upstairs. Other than these, it was a very comfortable four night stay. The restaurant attached was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn during your recent visit to the area. I am delighted to hear that you found everyone to be helpful and friendly and that the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Myself and team pride ourselves on delivering the highest levels of both Customer Service and Cleanliness that are expected in all Premier Inns. We are ideally located as a base to explore the Peak District and surrounding areas. I have read your comments regarding the noise you experienced from the room above you, should you visit the area again and choose to stay with us please call us direct prior to your arrival and we will ensure that we allocate you a room up on the first floor to avoid any noise disturbance. My night team do patrol the corridors during the night to minimise any noise that may cause disturbance to our guests. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn should you re-visit the area. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nice hotel, good location for sightseeing in Derby, and outlet retail village only 10 minutes away, also easy access to McDonalds for a breakfast if you don't want to pay Premier prices!! Staff friendly and helpful. There isn't a lift to the upper floor, so be sure to ask for a ground floor room if you have difficulty with stairs. I have used this hotel before and would use it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. We are ideally located close to the M1 motorway which makes us an ideal base to visit the surrounding areas, the East Midlands Retail Park being just across the road is a great place to visit for all those who love to shop. I have read your comments regarding our Premier Inn not having a lift, if you choose to stay with us at our Premier Inn again please call us prior to your stay and we will happily allocate you a room on the ground floor close to reception. Myself and team work extremely hard to ensure that all of guests enjoy their stay with us and hopefully return. We look forward to being able to welcome you back should you visit the area again. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my 3rd stay here and it still pleases me! Very friendly staff, rooms clean and comfortable and has a very good restaurant attached.
This hotel ticks all the boxes for my stay in Mansfield!
Highly recommend this premier inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team work extremely hard to ensure that we deliver the highest levels of Customer Service to all of our guests and ensure that the rooms are cleaned to the high standards that Premier Inn set. I am so pleased to hear that you found this during your recent stay with us. I am also very pleased to hear that this was your 3rd stay with us, we very much like to make all of our guests welcome and hope they choose to stay with us again. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope that you will being back to stay with us again at the Mansfield Premier Inn.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here a year or so ago as it is located perfectly to explore the beautiful Peak district, and what a good choice then and now.
A very warm welcome from the reception staff and a quick and easy check in.
The room no.103 was on the first floor and was the normal very good quality you get from Premier Inn.
The bed was ultra comfortable and three good nights sleep was just what we wanted.
Very friendly staff here , and the room was kept to a very high standard, hope to visit the Peak district again next year and this P I will be top of the list for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chezal
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay with us. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of Customer Service and Room Cleanliness and I am delighted that you found this at our hotel. We are very lucky to be so ideally situated as a base to explore the Peak District and all it offers and there are always new things to see no matter how many times you visit. We look forward to your return visit next year and being able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Clean room with good facilities. Staff really friendly and very helpful. Our meal in the evening wasn't great but reasonable value for money. Breakfast really good and loads of choice. For the price we paid I was very impressed

Room Tip: Not a good idea to be on the ground floor as it was a bit noisy with people coming back from the loc...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you found my team to be both friendly and helpful during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found our adjoining Brewers Fayre Restaurant not up to the usual standards expected at Premier Inn I have passed your comments onto the Restaurant Manager. If you visit the area again please call us direct prior to your arrival and we will allocate a room on the first floor in the quieter part of the hotel. Once again many thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed overnight on the way to training course, Very nice staff on reception helped us with all our requirements, Good evening meal and breakfast. Would recommend this hotel to family and work collogues.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David M

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I have read your comments and I am delighted to hear that you found my reception team to be both friendly and helpful to you during your stay. I have passed your comments on to the Restaurant General Manager regarding your visit to the Restaurant and I am sure they will share them with their team. It is always pleasing to hear that our Guests will recommend our Premier Inn to other friends and colleagues after their stay, thank you. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn should you visit to the area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Normanton
Premier Inn Ripley Hotel
Mour Hotel
Mour Hotel
#1 of 1 in Annesley

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel? Share your experiences!