“Not as good as Lenny makes out!”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Barnstaple
“Not as good as Lenny makes out!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I found this to be no better than a refurbished Travelodge! Despite the promotion about Hypnos beds, it was too hard to be orthopaedically correct. Like Travelodge, where all the most basic B&Bs - and many camping sites and hostels - I've stayed in have free WiFi, Premier Inn charge! Not worth the extra, I'll stay with Travelodge or B&Bs

Stayed July 2014
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am saddened to read that you did not enjoy your stay with. Premier Inn as a business have a robust refurbishment programme in place and all Premier Inn's are refurbished regularly to ensure they are achieving the highest levels comfort for all of our guests, I am again sorry that you felt our Premier Inn did not meet your expectations. Premier Inn are proud of the Hypnos beds that are in every hotel room across the business, I am sorry to read that you found the mattress to hard for your liking, if you do choose to stay at a Premier Inn again please call the site direct where we can arrange for an extra duvet to be placed onto of the mattress to provide you with extra softness, which should hopefully help. Premier Inn do provide 30 minutes free WiFI for all of our guests and then charge £3.00 for an additional 24 hours, our Head Office do monitor feedback from our guests and I can assure you that they do act upon the feedback provided. If you should decide to stay with us again at our Premier Inn we would like to be able to welcome you back. Once again thank you for your feedback on your stay, your comments have been helpful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stay at this premier inn as it is always reliable to be clean on every visit. Staff are friendly and helpful even on late arrival. We had a bit of road noise but that was because we left the window open Just off the dual carriage. Brewers fayre next door, with all you can eat breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. It is always nice to read comments from guests that regularly stay with us, as this means you can see that the standards remain at the high level expected consistently, so again thank you. As you have said you visit our Premier Inn frequently, when you make future bookings please call ahead and we can make sure that you are reserved a room that is away from the A38 dual carriageway so that you do not hear the road noise if you leave your bedroom window open at night. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn in the future when you visit the area again. Thank you.
Leicester
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel was very clean and the rooms were spacious and very quiet given that the hotel is near to a motorway. Staff were excellent, very friendly, knowledgeable and approachable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team, both reception and house keeping work extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay with us by providing excellent levels of Customer Service and Cleanliness. We have just recently had new double glazing installed in our Premier Inn which has had a huge impact on reducing the noise levels from the A38 outside one block of our Premier Inn so it is always nice to hear positive comments, so again thank you. If you visit the area again we would very much like to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Thank you.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Originally tried to book 2 nights at the Derbyshire hotel to spend a few days with family but they were fully booked on the Saturday night so spent one night at the premier inn the next at the Derbyshire hotel. Coating the two I would in future book the premier inn it was much better on many levels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team pride ourselves on the high levels of both Customer Service and Cleanliness we provide for our guests and I am delighted that you found this during your recent stay with us. I realise how important leisure breaks are to you and I am delighted that we had a part to play in ensuring you had a wonderful relaxing weekend with your family. If you visit the area again we would very much like to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Once again thank you for your comments.
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a very good stay at this Premier Inn on Saturday evening. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was professional and efficient. The most important aspect of our stay was that it was very quiet and we were able to sleep undisturbed. We were in a designated quiet part of the hotel, and heard no other noise at all even though the hotel was quite busy. So often on a Saturday night any hotel can be very noisy, so this was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast the following morning was efficient, with a good choice at the buffet. One of the best Premier Inns we have stayed at. Friendly and efficient staff. Also it was excellent value for money. Many thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn recently. I am delighted to read that your had an enjoyable stay with us. Myself and team pride ourselves on delivering the highest levels of Customer Service and Cleanliness to all our guests and it is always very nice to be able to share positive comments with them for their hard work. Premier Inn operate a "Quiet Time" in all of the hotels between 22:00pm & 07:00am our Night Teams work hard to ensure that we keep any noise to a minimum again thank you for your positive feedback on this at our hotel. Should you be in the area again we would very much like to welcome you back to our hotel. Once again thank you for your lovely comments.
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel was easy to find, being situated just off the M1. I stayed here whilst on a business trip, arriving late (just after eleven pm). Check-in was friendly, albeit not overly efficient. Although I knew that I had booked a room including breakfast, I was assured that at check in that I hadn't, hence I ordered and paid for another breakfast. Upon checking my receipt, I found that I had, indeed, already booked one, which took several minutes to be refunded. Perfect after a long drive and late arrival!

Upon reaching my room, along a multitude of corridors, I found a large room, beautifully cool thanks to closed curtains and an open window, in spite of no air-con. The temperature and the comfortable bed led to a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was in the adjoining Beefeater, reached from a link corridor and was the usual Premier Inn fare and was much enjoyed.

Other than the slow check-in, caused entirely by lack of product knowledge from staff, no complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. During the recent spell of very hot weather my House Keeping team are trying to manage the temperatures in our rooms by closing curtains, leaving windows open, providing extra fans and sheets to ensure our guests check in to cool rooms - thank you for commenting on this. I am disappointed to hear that your check in was not to the efficient standards that you expect at Premier Inn, we have over the last month had 2 new team members join our team and they are still in training, we have completed further training with them on the points you have raised, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again at the Mansfield Premier Inn should you be in this area again. Once again thank you for your feedback.
Northampton
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for one night en route home which enabled us to visit 2 further National Trust properties.

Check in was welcoming, friendly and efficient. Our room was a long walk right around to near the end of the corridor but at least it was quiet and we had a peaceful night's sleep.

The room was fine for one night, clean and the mattress and pillows were very comfortable. I particularly liked the lovely soft fluffy towels, which I don't know if they were new but if not I would love to know how you retain their fluffiness.

Check out was equally efficient and we were sent on our way with a smile.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NorthamptonRicho
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted that you choose to stay with whilst visiting local National Trust Properties. Myself and team pride ourselves on delivering the highest standards of Customer Service and Cleanliness for all of our guests and I am very pleased to hear that we achieved this during your stay. Premier Inn are very proud of the mattress's in all of our rooms as well as the bedding & towelling provided for our guests so again thank you for your comments. We like to be able to wish our guests a safe journey when they are leaving us and am delighted to hear you found us equally friendly when you left us. Should you be in the area again we would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Normanton
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel? Share your experiences!