“Can't fault Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stay at premier inn all the time. You know what you're getting and the beds are so comfy! All I would say is the brewers fayre next to this is not brilliant and there's nothing much else around unless you want to drive for miles.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted to read that you are a frequent visitor to Premier Inn and choose to stay with us on this occassion. Premier Inn as a Company pride themselves on the comfiness of their beds and again I am delighted that you found this so. I am sorry to read your comments on the adjoining Restaurant we have on site, as a guest of Premier Inn we expect that you enjoy the whole experience including the Restaurant and I am sorry that this was not the case during your visit. I will pass your comments on to the General Manager of the Restaurant for them to investigate. Should you plan to visit the area again we would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was chosen for its price and for its proximity to where we wanted to spend a day, at the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, Wirksworth, Derbyshire.

Very impressive from the moment of arrival, with friendly staff, clean and well-prepared rooms, good quality on-site restaurant. What more could one want?

However, only 4 stars awarded because, despite the best attempts of the staff (fan supplied in the room, option to use sheet only rather than duvet on the bed) our room was still very hot for sleeping; and the Premier Continental Breakfast, at £6.25 per person, is rather over-priced, IMO.

Altogether, a very pleasant stay despite the above caveats.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank your comments and feedback on your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I have read your comments and I am delighted that you found the Receptionists friendly and our rooms clean and fresh. I fully understand your comments regarding the room temperature, we as a team are working very hard to ensure we are doing all we can to make sure our rooms are kept cool during this current spell of very hot weather, but I fully understand that you may have still found the rooms hot - we have as you have noted put extra fans in our rooms, placed sheets in the rooms rather than duvets for our guests convenience. I have also read your comments on the price of the Continental Breakfast in our adjoining Restaurant I will pass these comments on to the General Manager, feedback is monitored by our Head Office to ensure we are providing our Guests with the best value for money. I do hope that if you choose to stay in the rea again you would choose to stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn.
Thank you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Chose this location as it is close to a lot of National Trust and English Heritage sites, plus the peak district and shopping.
Very clean and polite staff. The breakfast is great value for money. If we were to be in the area, we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy D

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. As you have commented on we are ideally situated close by to serveral National Trust & English Heritage sites which makes us an ideal base to stay to go and explore. We have the East Midlands Retail Park just across the road from us which is an ideal attraction for that retail therapy we all need, with lots of bargains to find. It is very pleasing to read that you found our Premier Inn delivered the highest levels of Customer Service & Cleanliness that is expected in all of our hotels. I will share your lovely comments with my team, they will be extremely delighted with them. We would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn in the future should you visit the area again. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Premier Inn is always a good option for a low budget hotel but this one was exceptionally clean and friendly. I would definitely use this one again as I had a good nights sleep in the really comfortable bed that Premier Inn is always so good at providing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. It is always pleasing to read positive feedback from our guests, Myself and team work extremely hard to ensure we deliver the highest levels of Customer Service and Cleanliness for all of our guests and I am delighted that you found these standards during your visit. It is also nice to read that you had a comfortable night's sleep in the lovely beds we provide. I hope that you visit the area again as we would very much like to be able to welcome you back to our Premier Inn. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This has been the best premier inn we have been to , I'm fussy about cleanliness etc but I could not fault the room very good indeed thumbs up for the staff that clean A++ The receptionists always smiled and were very helpful A++. The staff in the brewers fayre were great again friendly and helpful A++.
Great place you will not be disappointed great value !

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank meloned

May I personnally thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and all my team work extremely hard to ensure we deliver the highest levels of both Customer Service and Cleanliness as we realise how important it is to our guests who stay with us. The ladies that service our rooms on a daily basis are passionate about providing a clean, comfortable room for everyone and I will share your comments with them, they will be delighted. I do hope that should you visit the area again you will return to our Premier Inn as we would very much like to be able to welcome you back. Once again thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a very comfortable weekend stay .Everything was spotless. Staff really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was superb yum yum. A lovely touch was the iced water in reception during the hot weather.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you found everything met the high levels of both Customer Service and Cleanliness expected in all of our hotels. We realise that during this long spell of very hot weather and after a long journey a glass of nice cool iced water on arrival may be enjoyable for our guests, thank you for commenting on this. We are working hard in site to try to ensure our rooms are kept as cool as possible for your stay whilst this weather continues. I hope that you choose to visit our Premier Inn again as we would very much like to be able to welcome you back. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night as we attended a wedding across the road. We checked in and the young lady on reception was so polite and nice. Our room was spotless and ideal for our stay. We booked the premier breakfast for the wife and I and the two daughters got a full breakfast at no charge. We returned back to the hotel around midnight and went straight to our room and put the kettle on. No decaf coffee in the room but I popped to reception and another young lady was very helpful giving me a few sachets of decaf and some extra milk. We went for breakfast and I must say the choice was fantastic. The food was much better than I was expecting. All in all great first stay in a premier inn and I will not hesitate to stop in one again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Dalemassey

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted to read that you chose to stay with us for your first visit to a Premier Inn and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us whilst visiting the area to attend a wedding at the hotel across the way. Myself and team work extremely hard to ensure we constantly deliver the high levels of customer service and cleanliness for all of our guests and it is very pleasing to hear that you experienced this during your recent stay. We are always more than happy to provide extra teas, coffees etc during your stay and again I am delighted that you found this from my receptionists. I will pass your positive comments onto the adjoining Restaurant General Manager for them to share with their team. I hope you choose to stay with Premier Inn again in the future, should you revisit our area we would very much like to welcome you back. Once again thank you for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Normanton
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Clifton Hotel
Clifton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mansfield

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel? Share your experiences!