“Beautiful Ireland”
Review of Percy French Hotel

Percy French Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strokestown
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed at the Percy French Hotel in Strokestown County Roscommon for three night's in August. We had a great stay the staff were fantastic they couldn't do enough for you, it's a family run hotel & the owners were lovely people. The food in the restaurant was up there with the best beautiful steaks that you can only get in Ireland lovely & fresh. We will definitely be staying there again, & we wish them all the best for the future. Pat & Kevin from Manchester.

Room Tip: All the room's are lovely, we were in the new part of the hotel room 9, & it was lovely &...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 375kelly375
There are newer reviews for Percy French Hotel

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room was clean and tidy. although we only ate breakfast the food was excellent and the bar facilities and staff brilliant, I was in a group of six men on a social visit, to the area. However, the best was to come, after leaving and on arriving at Knock Airport I realised I had left a large amount of money in a draw back at the hotel, when I left the hotel my room was being cleaned.This was about one hour after leaving the hotel and arriving at the airport. I was able to contact someone living near the hotel via a friend who explain to him my situation, the third part person went to the hotel some time later. At home the next day being unable to contact the third party I contacted the hotel. In short after some investigation and some time later i was contacted by the hotel explaining that the third person had collected my money, giving me the name which was correct. I contacted a friend who rang the third person and my money was posted back to me. I must thank the hotel very much and the third person whom I know but still have no contact with. Irish & English honesty at it`s best. The English guy lives near Strokestown. We will use this Hotel very soon. To Joe, Ash and all the staff good luck for the future after your first month things I am sure will go well See you all soon. Richard

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the further you have to go to a room the less people pass your rooom.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank RicRicardo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had Sunday Lunch and its a Lovely clean hotel. The food was brilliant and we couldn`t fault anything. I`m big into clean premises and this rates up there with the best. The staff & service was excellent. Will be back !

Room Tip: Want to relax in a beautiful place- The Percy it is then!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carmel B
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stopped for lunch at the Percy French on the way back to Dublin from Mayo. We ate in the bar, had very friendly service and a lovely lunch. The bar is very comfortable and the food is hearty and fresh. The soup was indeed homemade - no packet stuff here- and the sandwiches were very good. Two of us had the cottage pie and recommended it highly. There are few enough places to stop for a decent meal - the Percy French is one of them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sara7420
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Very pleased with the lunch we hatd at Pecy French. We were in company with some French business colleges, who were very complimentary of the meal and friendly service. Will be back for accommodation and good food.

Room Tip: Just go and try it out, we will.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Colin G
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Visited the Restuarant for lunch on the 21st Sept 2012, this was our second visit and again were not disapointed. Choice of 4 main courses with lots of vegetables. A nice touch there is the table with jugs of water and bottles of squash. Good value

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank IrisCudd
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We went to the Percy French Hotel in Strokestown for Dinner on Sunday 26th Aug 2012. We had a beautiful meal and the service was excellent and with a smile. Can wait to go back for a longer stay. The place was clean and that makes a big difference. Watch this space! We will be back.

Room Tip: Food is good
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Carmel B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strokestown
Abbey Hotel
#1 of 2 in Longford
Hodson Bay Hotel
Hodson Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Percy French Hotel? Share your experiences!