“Good Beer, Good Craic”

Hanly's Bar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were in Strokestown to visit my wife’s family and actually went to Hanley’s Bar all three nights. They have a nice selection of c raft beers to go along with the usual pub offerings. The first night was the slowest, but Mr. Hanley the barman was a friend of my wife’s oldest uncle who was quite the character and told us some stories. The next night his son was tending bar and the crowd was much better while we shared pints with my wife’s cousin. The last night was easily the best with all three Hanley’s on duty (father, son and wife). It was the first night of Féile Frank McGann, the traditional Irish music festival, and there were at least a dozen or even fifteen musicians participating in the session. We were told that they were some of the best in Ireland and it was truly something special. There is a Traditional Session the first Thursday of every month, so live music can be heard at least that often. I would recommend Hanley’s for the beer selection, the quality of the pour, as well as the craic.

4  Thank Frank F