“Gorgeous!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Dauin
Manila, Philippines
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were here as a group for a birthday weekend. The staff are all really lovely, the food is delicious, the cocktails are pretty good, the rooms are gorgeous, the whole resort is really tastefully done and the pool, tres fantastic! Why then do i only give it 4 stars? The beach isn't that great being quite rocky getting into the water and also if you're an active traveller but don't dive, it could get a bit boring (but only boring people get bored! Grab a book, order one of the delicious pina coladas (i salivate) and sit by the pool - bliss).

I didn't try the spa but most of the group did and they all raved about it. I would recommend the yoga class up in the tree house. It was a gentle class which is not usually my speed but with the practice overlooking the brilliant blue sea, the sound of the waves and the wind through the trees, it was pretty restorative! Lovely!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Verrome
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Verrome,
Thank you for your kind review of Atmosphere! We are sorry that you missed out on the spa, it is an amazing experience just like the yoga classes in the tree house. Next time, join us for a day trip to Apo Island with its white sand, fantastic snorkeling and multitude of turtles or any of our other excursions - it will make your stay even better! We hope to see you again at Atmosphere.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Leading a group of 8 divers into this resort was so pleasing! The whole "Atmosphere" was fantastic.
Everything from great rooms with enormous beds and space to the 5 Star look of the pool and Bar.

We were really spoilt with almost more staff than divers on their huge spacious boat "Victoria"

Well done Atmosphere, we loved it.

Oh..forgot the massages.. just fantastic.

Room Tip: Every room is a Pleasure!
1 Thank Mike D
Hi Mike, we absolutely loved having your group here at Atmosphere and we hope to see you all again. Thank you for the lovely review!
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Wow, we stayed here for a week to dive Apo and the surrounds with a Dive group from Australia.

Service: Well the staff were all friendly and went out of their way to make the stay just that little more special. Biggs went our her way to make sure we had everything we could possibly want.

Food: Oh Letchon. Amazing!!!!!!!!!! (this was one of the reasons I cam to visit the Philippines)

Diving: This place is a muck diving location so you need to appreciate Macro. That said there were plenty of other things to see, the school of barracuda turtles etc. I must say that I enjoyed Apo my self. The boats were roomy and the dive guides were excellent. The only thing I would say is that they don't really let you do your own dive, but I think that's more to ensure the reef is protected. The set-up for divers is very diver friendly. Roomy dive brief area, large wash tubs and a camera room all make it easy for divers. The warm towels on the boats were a nice touch and much appreciated.

The tours: The organised tours were fun, particular the snorkelling with the whale sharks. But the best tour was one we organised directly with the staff, it was kind of a choose-your-own adventure where we did a food tour of Dauin, Dumaguete and surrounds. We avoided the restaurant that was a bit touristy at ate a Kabayo-an, this was a good decision!!

Rooms: They were impressive, huge comfy beds, the outdoor showers, just fantastic

Spa: The spa was expensive, western prices, but amazing. We were pretty indulgent while we were there :)

The only thing I could say is that we felt a little sheltered from Philippine culture at the resort. It was very nice and everything was perfect but we did enjoy the other more cultural activities as well.

I would certainly recommend this place, you are guaranteed to have a trouble free relaxing time. 5 stars from me.

Thanks for a great holiday!

Room Tip: The Suites have the outdoor shower!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan H
Hi Jonathan! Thank you for your review, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Lechon (barbecued pork) is absolutely delicious and we usually serve it during our weekly barbecue or upon request! We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the food tour - Filipino food can be delicious, you just have to know where to find it!
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Atmosphere Resort is one of those hotels I wanted to move right in and stay forever.

Everything at the Atmosphere Resort is extraordinary. My room was a spacious 110 square meter bungalow. Pretty much breathtaking. A comfortable home, spotless clean and beautiful furnished. The bedroom was very spacious as well, with a giant bed (2x2 meter? Seemed even bigger than that...) The bathroom was equipped with a great rain shower, large windows offered nice views to our private secluded garden.

Everything in the apartment smelled fresh and good. The towels, the bed sheets, the pillows, the shower gel... I loved the smell, it was addictive!

The breakfast exceeded all my expectations. It was absolutely on the high end. Different styles of omelet, crispy bacon, soft waffles, muffins, fresh yoghurt, sweet mangoes, pineapples and watermelons, fresh calamansi juice, cereals, different kind of bread, the good kind of bread not the fluffy buns. Everything was so delicious!

On our last day the hotel organized a snorkel trip to Apo Island and fulfilled one of my dreams - snorkeling with the giant sea turtles. Our guide, a Filipino guy did everything to make us feel ease. When we reached Apo Island after 45 minutes, he explained us where to enter the water and prepared our snorkel gear. We dived into the water and after a few minutes I spotted the first turtle. It was surreal. They're incredibly beautiful animals. We spent 2 hours in the water and saw at least 7 turtles, one was with us for 30 minutes and we took plenty of images. Unforgettable experience!!

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Atmosphere resort. A first class resort for divers, snorkelers and also those who just want to relax in beautiful designed place. The staff was outstanding, always friendly and welcoming, it seemed theydefinitely love to work there. Who wouldn't in such a lovely environment?

Frankly, the Atmosphere Resort is not a budget place, but for sure it's all worth it as I left happy and relaxed, with a big smile on my face. Highly recommended!

PS: we recorded a little video about our room and the resort: http://youtu.be/uqE4Uo0WvtY

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 365DaysSummer
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi and thank you so much for your amazing review of Atmosphere Resort!
Yes, indeed, the beds are California King (200 x 200 cm). We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip to the turtles at Apo Island and the breakfast - we hope to see you back here again. And thank you for the video - awesome!
Bellingen, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent 1 week at the resort, the staff are execellent and very attentive. The dive crews know their business and are a pleasure to go out with. They do everything for you, from gearing you up on the boat to guiding to see things you would otherwise miss. They are a happy crew. I could not fault them at all. The accomadation is great. the food is good but the only thing I can fault is that the meals while being tastety does not always come out together. We were a group of 8 and sometimes the delay between the first meal and the last was overly lonf. I spoke to the manager and he immediately corrected this.

1 Thank wiz60
Hi and thank you for your excellent review! We are glad that our manager could sort out the issue with food not quite arriving at the same time. And we certainly agree that Atmosphere's dive operation is really good. Hope to see you again!
Sagay City, Philippines
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My friend and I only stayed there for a night last weekend. It was my first time in Negros Oriental (although I'm just from Negros Occidental) and I just wanted to spend my first night to relax after a long bus trip. Atmosphere did not disappoint.

The resort is far from the bustle of the city and very peaceful - something I really leaved the most. When we arrived, we were given a welcome drink and wet face towels and I was so thankful for that.

I was hoping I'd see a nice developed beach but it was not - it's not the focus of the resort. The pool was nice though. My friend enjoyed it. We were expecting towels to be offered to us proactively when we were at the pool but nothing came. But I guess we were just expecting a lot.

We had a nice dinner. First off, the waitresses were nice. I'm not exactly a food expert but I appreciated the presentation and the taste. Midway through the main course, I was already full. I think the prices were reasonable considering the quality and the place.

The buffet breakfast was nice but could have used more food choices. I understand there was an ala carte menu but we didn't order from it.

The spa attendants were, I think, the friendliest. They showed us the spa even without us taking any of their service (my friend took the complimentary head massage though, I didn't).

I wish there were more bathroom amenities like toothbrush, comb and slippers.

The resort caters more to divers which we're not. But we're still happy with what we got there. The peacefulness was worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Ferdinand and thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the peacefulness - next time you have to try the a la carte breakfast, it is really good and included in the room rate as well.
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We attended a wedding in Dumaguete and search for a place to stay with our kids... Found this resort and spa, almost 15minutes drive away from the city. I didn't expect much but when I got there, wow!!! The lawn is beautiful, the sorroundings is so peaceful..and the villa, it's amazing!! Really a 5star quality. I requested for a baby sitter for my 1yr old baby and they gave me Ate Norma, wonderful lady and she's good with the kids!! Thank you for a relaxing weekend. We will come back again. :) (wasn't able to try the massage though, because they have limited number of therapist)

Stayed May 2014
Hi Yssabel, thank you for your lovely review of Atmosphere Resort. We are sorry that you did not get the chance to try a massage, they are divine. Sometimes in the evenings, if we have a lot of guests, the spa fills up. We hope to see you again and that you can try one next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort
Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete
Sea Dream Resorts
Sea Dream Resorts
#6 of 14 in Dauin

Been to Atmosphere Resort? Share your experiences!