“going down hill”

New Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've been to The New Inn a few times this past year but every time I seem to go it just gets worse! Waiting around for a long time for our food, when it finally comes it is cold. Slow service and awful food. I don't think il go again and I doubt I will recommended it again.

sonjaf517, Manager at New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us at the New Inn, I take your comments extremely seriously and have done a full investigation into the issues you mention. I have re - training booked in for some of my team and would like to assure you that this is not the levels of service that we strive to achieve here. I would like the opportunity to talk to you in more detail regarding the issues you have experienced as I have not had feedback of this variety within my restaurant recently, Please give me a call on ..... to discuss in more detail.

Kind regards

Graham

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have stayed vat a few old English inn hotels so decided to try this pub near us for Sunday lunch as it part of the same chain. It was very busy which was a good sign and the very helpful member of staff said we would be seated in 15 mins which we were. It was the same menu as with all the restaurants in this chain or a carvery at £8.95. We chose the carvery which turned out to be excellent with a choice of 3 meats It was loaded up wit Yorkshire pud and stuffing and then your usual carrots peas boiled and roasted potatoes and cauliflower cheese. It was al cooked very well and piping hot. My wife tried a pudding which was polished off and I was told was excellent. The staff are very good and clear tables and keep things clean. All in all a very good meal well cooked and worth the money. Children are allowed but some parents on our visit let their children run about and bother you whilst your eating. I would recommend a meal here in pleasant surroundings with good staff and well cooked.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Booked for Mother's Day partly of 5 for 12 o'clock. Paid for the carvery choice of 3 meats 4 veg and 2 styles of potatoes. All very edible staff on hand but not pushey some still in training. All in all an easy way to deal with Mother's Day lunch.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I've never been overly impressed with these type of 'chain of bland microwave' food establishment. Shame they can't have a chef with an individual style of cooking and menu. But, on to my review..
I meant to review back when we had a family Christmas get together but never got round to it. Over 40 of us had pre booked and ordered with plenty of notice. However slow service, mediocre food and cremated kids meals that had to be sent back ruined it. A venue of this size should be able to cope with a party of our size. We (a family meal again, central location to all meet) visited the carvery a few Sundays back, always amazes me how busy it is given the surrounding pubs/restaurants that offer much better food. Rare, chewy beef, over cooked veg and roasties, inadequate young staff and the profiteroles were obviously frozen and really dry. I don't want to return here... Ever!
The owners are always polite and friendly, that I can't deny but think this place has so much potential if only they weren't part of a chain. My advice, spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

2  Thank Claiire00
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

A quick stop on the off chance found us here early evening. As soon as we came through the door we were welcomed with a smile. Service was quick and attentive. Food was themed pub style but well cooked and presented. Will call again and recommend.