It is hard to write a review of Las Olas and La Palma as it seems to be very much a question of taste. Some people we spoke to loved it and returned year after year and time after time, others we're grateful they were only there for a week.
When the weather was nice it was really lovely and the pool area was excellent, but when it turned grim there wasn't a lot to do. We walked into Santa Cruz (quite a walk but pleasant ) but in all honesty there wasn't much there, we kept thinking we had missed something but I don't think we had.
Our room was large and well kept with a beautiful view and really couldn't be criticised in any way.
We did the trip up to the observatory and that was a good day, although, apart from views the island does not have a lot to offer.
Basically the people who made the most of their time there were the well organised ones who had their walks organised, their bus timetables planned, their rucksacks packed, their walking boots carefully fastened, their cagooles donned and their walking poles in hand. My flip flops and desire for a sun bed didn't really cut the mustard.
The restaurants were OK and we had a lovely paella in El Pipo on the road behind the apartment and an excellent tapas lunch in the cafe below them. We liked La Caleta and their mojo roja was delicious. We had red snapper there and it was very good.
All in all a good break but not somewhere I would rush to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas is a 7-minute walk from Cancajos Beach, and a 3-minute drive from La Palma Airport. The complex features outdoor swimming pools, a gym and free Wi-Fi zone.All apartments Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas have a balcony or terrace and a living area with satellite TV. Guests can cook in the well-equipped kitchens, and there is a handy mini supermarket on site.The aparthotel offers a large sun terrace with loungers and views of the sea and mountains. There is a paddle tennis court, beauty salon and massage service. Bicycle rental can be arranged at the 24-hour reception.Secure parking is available on-site and an airport shuttle service is available. Las Olas is less than a 10-minute drive from the island's capital, Santa Cruz de la Palma. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Las Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Las Olas Hotel Playa De Los Cancajos
- Hotel Las Olas La Palma/Playa De Los Cancajos