“View excellent, food not so much”
Review of Blue 'n Blue - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Leeds, United Kingdom
“View excellent, food not so much”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My family and I saw the advert for this restaurant and decided to give it a try. We took a taxi there but the flyer stated the restaurant owner would fetch you from your hotel if you rang between certain times.

All I can say is the view was the only thing going for it. Despite claiming the food was fresh and produced locally I believe it was all frozen. We were the only people in the place from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.

The cook spent most of the time not spent cooking sat on the next table watching TV.

• Visited June 2013

Budapest, Hungary
“Unique atmosphere and delicious food”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We bumped into the flyer of Blue 'n Blue by chance and decided to give it a try. You have to climb a little to get to the restaurant, but it well worths all the efforts. The view was spectecular to Argassi, the see and also to Zante town, but what I especially liked about the place was the unique atmoshpere. Really quiet (don't expect loads of people), vines with huge grapes ran all over the porch.

And then the food arrived and we almost forgot the view and scenery, every single piece was among the best dishes I have have ever eaten. We ordered several starters tzatziki, tiropitakia, mushrooms and then chicken and mousaka, all of the were more than delicious. At the end of the meal we were offered a shot of loval spirit with the taste of cinnamon

• Visited September 2012
Ireland
“Worst meal of the holiday”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

After seeing a flyer advertising this restaurant and checking reviews on tripadvisor we decided to give it a try. Their flyer boasted the fact that they used fresh produce from their garden and that they had the best views on the island. The views were nice but thats where the postives ended I'm afraid. I don't like to leave bad reviews but the food was terrible.. My boyfriend ordered prawns - he got two prawns on a plate with a single leaf of lettuce on the side. I ordered calamari which was rubbery, tasteless and full of grease. I had mousaka for the main course which had hardly any meat and didn't taste fresh or homemade. Chips were poor quality and frozen - certainly not homemade as others have said!! We did look at the desert menu but were told that they didn't have half of the dishes listed there so we didn't bother.
I was very disappointed that the food was so bad as the restaurant itself is beautiful with lovely views of the island. I can only wonder was this a nice restaurant at one stage but due to being off the beaten track having no customers they have cut corners (no homemade chips anymore etc) and standards have slipped. We were the only two people in the restaurant 9 pm in the evening when most restaurants are busy
Unfortunately I could not recommend this restaurant to anybody.

• Visited June 2013
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Worth the walk, great food and views”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We struggled to find this place, it's worth finding it on a map or asking someone to point you in the right direction. It's a 5 minute walk from 24/7 in the opposite direction to the main Argassi strip. It is on the way to Target bar (top of the hill). We ate here twice, the staff were lovely. The views over Argassi and across to Zakynthos Town were worth the walk, you can get a good view over to the mountains of Kefalonia too.
We had the Greek salad, massive portion with big chunks of feta. For the main we had Village chicken (their speciality dish) and the steak, again good sized portion and very good quality.
At the end of the meal they brough out melon the first time and a shot of a local spirit the second time. Very good value, the house wine was only 7 euro for a litre, we didn't spend more than 30 euros on either visit.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank joanne_c86
Glasgow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food, nicer view.”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The food was really good and it's perched above Argassi so the views are great. As it's perched it might be worth taking a taxi if you don't have a car, although I did hear staff offering to drive other customers back into town. I've only said the atmosphere was poor because it was so quiet.

• Visited June 2012