“September holiday 2011 basic facts on the hotel”

Hotel Admiral Argassi
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Argassi
Ipswich
“September holiday 2011 basic facts on the hotel”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Brilliant hotel if you are 18 to 30 something, all day booze, late entertainment till early hours, lots of noise when guests were leaving, some came in on quad bikes. Go to bed at 4am till lunchtime.
Unfortunatly I am 65years old and wanted a nice relaxing holiday.
We were in the annex across the road from the pool/entertainment area which had vehicles starting up or going past (up hill) all night long.
I had a word with the manager Theo, who was very helpful and understanding and was going to move us , but we heard from other guests in the main buildings that it was very noisy with revelers returning all hours and doors banging, so we stayed put.
We had access to the other two hotels up the hill, the Commador and the Captains, and could use their facilities.
The food was medioca, mainly the same every day and only one overworked person at the pool bar serving drinks and snacks. Although we were all inclusive we went out for lunch a few times to break the monotany.
Some staff were ok but others were not very polite. This is probably the worst place I have stayed in on any Greek island.
If you want to go to Argassy Zante and want it peacefull then try the Captins Hotel at the top of the hill, far enough away from the noise, good views, and access to the other two if you wish.
Want cheap car hire - try 'Peter' (name on sandwich board) down hill turn right on right by waste land. Fully covered (he said) rent a wreck.

Room Tip: If not too hot go for rooms in the annex, you can close the shutters, doors and curtains to stop the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank weekendtriper

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester u.k.
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My partner, son (9) and myself stopped at the Admiral in August for 2 weeks as our main holiday this year and before we went like alot of people we read various reviews about the hotel, and to be honest after reading them we wondered if we had done the right thing by booking this hotel.
Well we had a brilliant time, the weather was hot! the 1 bed apartment that we had booked was good, plenty of space, very clean, and well laid out and most surprising in the main bedroom a double bed, and twin beds in the other bedroom.
We had maid service every day, the staff were very friendly and helpful and although we were all inclusive a couple of nights we didn't have much to eat that wasn't the hotel's fault we just didn't fancy much too eat. Whichever mealtime it was the food never ran out, it was always being replenished, even 20 mins before the restaurant closed,
Although there was a lot of eastern europeans stopping there most of them are friendly enough, some weren't but you get that everywhere in the world.
I work in the hotel trade as a housekeeper and I was happy with the cleaning etc the only word of warning i would say is if you haven't been to Greece before work on the assumption that a Greek four star hotel is about the same as a spanish three star but on saying that I would stay there again without any qualms.

Room Tip: ! bed apartments have plenty of room and are shaded from the sun most of the day so tend to be coole...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank Carol G
Manchester
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Many thanks to all who made our holiday amazing, you know who you are, Meechelle and Shaun the Sheep, Dan and Gems, Cathy and Sophie sexi laydee, Ed sexi boy, Carl and Kelvin and Doreen and John, unfortunately my partner had quite a bad head injury when he fell in the room, and when i asked could i get some toast the next day the lady on the bar said she couldnt help;, and to go into the restaurant where i was spoken to so rudely by Theo, who said i had to wait 20 minutes for the restaurant to open, i even explained that my partner had stitches, to which he replied " why are you not showing understanding to me?" I then explained the situation again, and he still said NO I was not having any food until the restaurant opened, this eventually ended up with me in tears, to which he responded very rudely signalling to the food TAKE IT ! at the top of his voice. the staff here actually couldnt care less, and I have never been so told off during a weeks holiday as i was here. The only 3 members of staff ( and I told them) was Gisela in the restaurant, 1 friendly guy serving behind the bar, and Ola, the entertainment lady, were friendly to us, we had a big group of english people, all up for a laugh, we were told off constantly by what I think was the manager, who did nothing more than stare at all the girls, after an ambulance was called for my partner following the accident, not a single member of the management cared in the least even though they were all in our room that night and not one of them asked was he ok, also a huge storm saw a massive glass door shatter and cover a guy in glass, lacerating his head, arms, and face, I didnt see him again, and the glass had had such an impact it was all in the pool, when I went to one of the cleaning ladies to advise her glass was on the other side of the pool she angrily waved me away, and started advising her colleagues by signalling her anger toward me by pointing. Food nice, no problems there, we did pay for a side sea view, and didnt get one, although i think everyone did and they didnt get theirs either. All in all a fantastic holiday, just a shame for the very unfriendly staff, who seemed to see you as an annoyance rather than people who work hard all year and deserve to relax and have a good time. YAMMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stand your ground, as the staff couldnt care less, apart from the ones i mentioned above
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie C
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We were very pleased with the hotel, the rooms wery always very clean and the food was really greek style - you know olives, tomatoes, feta cheese etc. The staff was was really very friendly, always smiling. Thought, the resort has it's down parts, for example the beach is really narrow and it wasn't really clean ... But the best part is that , if you get the All Inclusive basis you can eat at Captani's restaurant which provides the best view over Zante Town and the Port.
Deffently would go back!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Roxana295394
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Ez egy borzalmas szálloda, még borzalmasabb személyzettel. A 350 méterre lévő part konkrétan gusztustalan. Ha jó strandot szeretnél az 6-10 km a márványos úton felfelé kanyarogva és súlyos pénzekbe kerül. A görögök folyton átvernek és lehúznak. a szállodai all inclusive egy vicc, ihatatlan italokkal és gyenge svédasztallal. Ha drágàn akartok extra szar helyre jönni akkor hajrá. a nyüzsgő életről meg annyit hogy semmi nincs argassiban!!!! De szennyvízelvezető cső az 50 cm széles partján az van!!!! Mi alig várjuk hogy otthon legyünk!!!

• Stayed September 2011

Travellers are raving about these Argassi hotels

Wigan, England
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked this as a spur of the moment, last minute break, then came home to read the reviews on Tripadvisor... oh dear. Two weeks later and with heavy hearts we were dropped off at the Admiral Hotel.
As our plane had been delayed for 3 hours at Manc airport we had missed lunch but the friendly receptionist informed us that we could get something from the snack bar.
We were put in the annex facing the main entrance of the hotel, the room was nicely decorated with all the facilities you would expect from a Greek package holiday hotel. Because of the reviews about the place being abismal we didn't expect the flat screen TV or the air conditioning (free) and the view from the balcony was lovely we could see the sea to the front and the side. We dumped the cases in the room and headed down to the snack bar totally expecting to be barked at in Polish, on the contrary the lady behind the counter greeted us with a smile and dished up our order really quickly and courteously and continued along the same vein for the duration of our holiday. We had been led to believe that we had to go up the steep hill to the Captains Hotel for b/fast, lunch and dinner this turned out not to be the case although we did go there on the first night, the views across the bay to Zante town and the sunset were lovely, it was, however full of Eastern Europeans who are by their nature a bit abrupt and Brits would probably call them rude, the lady who sat staring at me all through our meal not even looking away when I pointed at her nearly got a thump but I restrained myself. After enquiring at Admirals reception we were told that there was dining room there and we didn't need to walk up the hill at all, good job really as my husband has walking difficulties.
There was of course lots of nationalities around the pool but Brits outnumbered them and they kept themselves to themselves, when all's said and done they deserve to have holidays in the sun as well don't they? When one Hungarian teenager accidently bumped into me she immediately apologised in English, I would have no Idea how to say sorry in Hungarian.
The entertainment team consisted of one young girl who did aquarobics at Admiral then ran up to Commodre then Captains to be the entertainment there as well. There was something on every evenig exept Friday and yes they did make the announcements in 2 languages one being English but they do that no matter which hotel you stay at.
The pool was clean and treated each evening and there were plenty of sunloungers to go around.
Our room was cleaned every day, the linen changed twice during our stay and because we usually go to the US for our hols we followed the code that if we needed clean towels we left them on the bathroom floor, the cleaners seemed to ubderstand this code and left us clean towels when we didn't hang them up.
The food at the hotel was, as has been mentioned in a previous review, the same every day but I wouldn't say geared towards the Polish. We ate out for the second half of our week as we had had enough of it. The Snack Academy food was nice so that's where we went.
Whilst there we took a trip into Zante Town and "discovered" a market with Converse trainers for between 7 and 15 euros, our teenager was in her element.
We booked the Culture tour with our tour company, Olympic, but it was cancelled the day before because it was St Dennis birthday and the Zakynthians have a huge parade and not wanting to miss this once a year celebration we booked with one of the many trip arrangers on the road up to the hotel, what a let down, the coach dropped us off about half a mile from the town and we had to walk to the centre because the road was closed, fair enough but then the guide on the bus told us the bus would be there at 11.30pm when the salesperson had told us 10.30. The town was packed and we couln't see anything so we walked back for the bus thinking we could catch an earlier one only to be screeched at by a zar zar gabor lookalike who made us feel like naughty schoolkids so we caught the "wally trolly" and were sitting in a bar in Argassi when the bus we should have been on arrived back at 12.15am.
All in all we had a lovely break and would go back to Argassi again we would even go to the Admiral even though I had no sleep for a week once I had booked it and read the reviews, but I would not go all inc.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JulieB910
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 4 August 2011

70% of the people come from Poland or Russia, and they come there to drink vodka and party all night eventhough they are there with their familys.
The pool is crowded. Loud music playing from the entertainment team which are around the pool of and on from 11-23.
Was there with my family, and I can NOT recommend this hotel.
My travel agency Air tours told us it was a family hotel, but no, this is not!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LouiseWe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argassi
Xenos Kamara Beach
#2 of 26 in Argassi
Edelweiss Apartments
Edelweiss Apartments
#4 of 26 in Argassi

Been to Hotel Admiral Argassi? Share your experiences!