Captains is no where near as bad as some of these reviews. Yes the hotel needs a bit of work but it does have many positives alongside some negatives.
*The view - wow - especially when you sit down to breakfast.
*The front desk staff - Kostas, Kristos and Andreas are the nicest people i have ever met at a hotel. They couldnt do enough and went above and beyond - they are a real credit to the hotel and felt like friends by the end of the 2 weeks. Also we had a problem with the shower leaking on our first day and they sorted it straight away.
*Good bathroom and shower - something i wasnt expecting in Greece!
*Great location and easy walk into town - yes its a bit of a walk uphill on the way back but its no real hassle, besides it burns some calories!!
*Always car park spaces
* Food - it wasnt terrible as some people say but it is more catered to the Eastern Europeans (who were fine btw!) some nights it was good, other nights food was pretty bad. We ate out a fair bit, but there is enough to eat and i have had worse in other all inclusives. I didnt drink the spirits as I stuck to wine (which was good!)
* Balcony - We could hardly see outside from the balcony as there was a huge overgrowth (this was cut down on our last day - typical!)
* You have to pay extra for the Air Con and you will need it in July/Aug/Sept. Which i thought was a bit out of order on top of what you have already paid. On the plus side the units were great and not some rubbish you get in some hotels and the room chilled down straight away.
Overall would i stay here again? Yes, but i wouldnt stay All Inclusive. If you dont want to pay a lot but you are ok to stay in a typical 3 star and dont expect anymore then its fine and i would recommend it!
We had a fabulous holiday on this magnificent island! Thanks again especially to Costas and Kristos - hope to see you soon!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Captains Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Argassi, Zakynthos, Greece