All reviews side sea view dry sense of humour zante town pool area air con both bedrooms large balcony george makes storage for clothes bed apartment perfect location three single beds main bedroom sandwich toaster good size restaurants and bars plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We certainly picked the right hotel. Perfectly situated right on a small beach where the sea was a very shallow bay perfect for families. We had a spacious two bedroom apartment with a large balcony. The beds were so comfy... not a lumpy bumpy mattress. Cleaners came in every day. The pool area is reasonably spacious, didn't seem to be any battles for beds, though it was getting busier as we left.
The hotel had a bar serving snacks all day, as well as ice cold drinks. George is great... very dry sense of humour.
The location is perfect, central to the town and with being on the coast, you got the slight breeze, which was very welcome. Would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Have just returned from a weeks stay here , we had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor room was very clean with a balcony small kitchen area and bathroom with bath and shower the shower was amazing very powerful and plenty of hot water towels were changed every other day and room was cleaned everyday . We paid extra for the air con which worked very well and is a must at this time of the year .
Reception staff were very helpful and nothing was to much trouble for them they booked a restaurant for us and taxi for the airport . Can't wait to stay here again

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Being right on the beach makes the position of the hotel perfect. Despite the pool being lovely, we preferred to take 20 extra steps and swim in the warm, clear sea. If you are looking for a gorgeous beach, then Argassi probably isn't the place for you as it's quite small and gritty but lovely once you wade out to sea.
Our room was clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. We had a ground floor room at the back of the hotel which wasn't great as there wasn't much view, it was sometimes a little noisy at night and the foliage and water channel over the hedge meant we had a few mosquitos - I would definitely pay for a room at the front and on the 3rd floor if I went again. There was no toaster in our room as advertised but there was a sandwich toaster. When I asked the receptionist, she insisted that that is how they make toast in Greece! Really? That did cause me a few issues as I am coeliac and the special bread that I brought with me needed to be toasted - a sandwich toaster really does not toast bread. The air-conditioning was 10 Euros per night which I thought was pretty steep especially when ours broke in the main bedroom and took 2 days to repair - disappointed that the hotel didn't offer us a refund for those nights (I left the husband in charge of checking-out and assumed that he would have asked...)
The terrace where you can have snacks and drinks is lovely and has amazing views of the sunset. George is a legend! He's pretty direct which may be why some people think he is rude but we thought he was brilliant. His cocktails are amazing and he loves to create bespoke cocktails rather than the usual - they are very reasonable too.
I would return to the Xenos Kamara but would be particular about my room and would like to see a little better customer service from the reception staff.

Room Tip: Top floor and front of the hotel are definitely the best rooms.
1  Thank plainfields22016
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

On first arrival the xenos kamara was clean and friendly however the day after we arrived we found it to be unclean and very unfriendly,the reception staff are lovely but the guy that runs the bar and food orders is horrible , not interested in anything you want and grabs the money from your hand .
Our appartment bathroom completely flooded Every time we had a shower and we had to ask the maids to change the bedding and the towels and ask them to replace the toilet paper ,
10 euros per day to use the aircon .
Although argassi is a beautiful place with lovely restaurants and really friendly bars and people I would never go back to xenos kamara beach apartments...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacqueline K
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We have just returned from a week at Xenos Kamara Beach Hotel. The views from the pool and snack area are stunning, we had a side sea view which was worth paying the extra for. The rooms are spacious enough, king size bed in one room and 3 singles in the other. The beds were really comfy and we all slept well, although we were woken a couple of nights by loud music at about 3am so if you are a light sleeper might be worth packing some ear plugs.
There are plenty of sunbeds and parasols however I did think it was a bit mean having to pay a Euro for a cushion for the sunbed, I understand the Hotel pool is open to everyone and fair enough to ask non residents to pay but personally I think hotel guests should have had these for free.
Wifi is available in the reception and pool area but we weren't able to pick it up in our room, we were right at the back of the hotel though and on the top floor so maybe if you are nearer reception it might be in the room.
All the staff we came across, maids, receptionists and George the barman were really friendly. We ate in the snack bar a couple of times, breakfast and lunch, both were very good and reasonably priced, 5 euros for full English, similar price for burgers or sandwiches. Cocktails and drinks were good, again at prices the same as anywhere else we visited over the week.
Overall the hotel was lovely and we had a thoroughly relaxing week by the pool enjoying the stunning view!

1  Thank dianeb16