“Very Large Riad in the Center of Sale” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad Marlinea

Riad Marlinea
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sale
Norwich
“Very Large Riad in the Center of Sale”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had originally booked a night to stay at The Repose, but they had over booked us, so we moved to Riad Marlinea.

This riad was very large, the rooms were lovely and the largest i have ever stayed in Morocco, but it could use a little bit of love.

This Riad is owned by a nice French couple who were very kind and even when into the town to exchange some money for us.

We had some nice wine here and in fact didn't really leave the Riad in the day.

The only downside was that we were given mild food poisoning from the salad we had at this Riad and on that note, we wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: My only advise is not to eat any food at this Riad, but there is not that much of a choice in Sale...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank andygrant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hosts are lovely, lovely people and the room we had was spacious and really nice. The male owner even went to the shop on our behalf as the area the hotel is set in is a little bit 'rough'.

However, both my husband and I very stupidly ate the raw salad which the hosts made for us when we were hungry in the afternoon, and it made us quite ill. My husband woke up in the night with severe stomach cramps and diarrahoea, and my own severe diarrahoea became apparent the next morning. In fact, I have been so ill that I am only beginning to recover two weeks later. The only raw food we both ate in Morocco was at Riad Marlinea, so it would seem that regretfully, it was the salad which brought on the illness.

Apart from this, the room was clean and nice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank pirret
marlinea, Gérant at Riad Marlinea, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I'm sorry what did happen to these people, but I do not think that a salad and washed with a little olive oil make her sick so long, I rather think that they can be had to drink the tap water. j hope that now everything is fine and that even when they will keep good memories of the maroc.je remerci for their comments, and hope one day the Révoires in Morocco
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed at Riad Marlina for two week due to doing fieldwork in Rabat, and I didn't want to spend the nights at some hotel in busy Rabat city. Staying at the Riad Marlina in Sale (3 stops (5 minutes) with the tram from Rabat) was the best choice ever. The hosts Patrice and Nadia became like a close familiy and served peppermint tea and wonderful moroccoan cuisines day after day. I slept as a princess in my royal suite and every day when I came home from work my room was tidied and styled with rose petals. Whatever help I needed they assisted me happily (I don't speak french and could need some help when booking train tickets, finding the way, shopping etc). Staying in Sale you get to experience a typical arabic district with little tourism (I didn't see any other tourists than me!) - and I recommend you join Patrice and his friend Daniel when they're out to buy dinner in the Medina. I give my warmest recommendations for Riad Marlinea - a stay I never forget.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank gekkogirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Repose
Hotel la Tour Hassan
Hotel la Tour Hassan
#8 of 42 in Rabat
Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection

Been to Riad Marlinea? Share your experiences!