“good hotel , ambience is good ”
Review of The Dwarika Hotel

The Dwarika Hotel
Ranked #20 of 49 Dwarka B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

1.5 km from main temple , hotel is neat and clean , within budget , the staff is responsive , the hotel has restaurant and food quality and taste is good. prior booking is advisable , since tourist location and also check temple timing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I Stayed With My Group of 75 Person In Hotel , The Staff Was Pretty Good And Helpfull , Food Was Yummy , And Rooms Is Nice Cosy ...

Enjoyed Our Stay At The Dwarika Hotel ... Thanks To The Management ( Mr. Ishwar For Your Kind Support )

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The location of the hotel is not too far from the Dwarakadheesh temple. But its better, if you have your own car - there is ample parking space in front of the hotel.

We stayed in the top floor suite (facing the highway) for 2 nights - there were three of us. The room is quite large, so an extra mattress can be easily accommodated. The room itself was quite clean and spacious. Though we enjoyed it during the day, the nights can be noisy as the room faces the highway, and has glass panels that do not keep the noise out. The bathroom is decent - in and out with a quick shower, nothing fancy.

There is a capsule elevator that can be a little tricky to operate - if a floor door remains open ever so slightly, it will not move.

Meals cannot be ordered into the rooms and must be taken in the restaurant in the ground floor. Here is the tricky part - The crowded restaurant can be a major turnoff. I do not know if this is the only restaurant in these parts or what, but it can be very very crowded, as people from outside also come here to have their meals. Tip: If you are staying in this hotel, be sure to call up the reception and book a table - boarders are given a preference (or so we were told). Book a table at the restaurant well in advance - they will call you in your room (over the intercom) when your turn arrives.Food is good. Vegetarian - the menu comprises standard north indian dishes.

Don't expect a smiling customer service exec at the reception - straight forward talk, with no strings attached.

Water is a problem in these part due to high saline content - so rely on copious quantities of mineral water bottles. It is advisable to buy them at highway side retail stops (we drove from Ahmadabad, there were quite a few on the way). Although you may find them even at this hotel - check the price (may have changed)

Al in all, given the purpose of visit to Dwarka, this hotel fits the bill.

Room Tip: If you are a larger group (3+), try the suite and an adjoining room. Book a table at the restaurant...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanderlust_timuS
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was glad to stay just one night in the Dwarika Hotel; hotel reception is not friendly and speaking very very little English; the hotel has old type of elevator which is will be stopped if someone not closing the elevator gate properly. Room is just fine and not clean; the floor was sticky; maybe they used less water to to mopping. Flies is everywhere even in he restaurant which has less tastier foods; the waiters will be sitting and watching cricket from restaurant; no proper cleaning in the restaurant diners area too. I will certainly avoid The Dwarika Hotel in my next visits. The only positive things is the hotel is nearer to Dwarika Krishna temple.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Balan_TJ
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I spent the day in the holy city of Dwarka, visiting the various temples and generally feeling wonderful !

It was sometime around 6.30pm that I decided to stop, have a cuppa tea and take a break before heading out to see the evening aarti at the main temple

And that's when 'The Dwarka' happened. So I walked into its only restaurant to find large group of people chattering away - lots of laughter, kids, elders : a great Indian family. But to my disarray, my big smile soon faded - the waiters were changing their shirts right in the middle of the restaurant! Ahem!

Move on, I said to myself. It's ok. I ordered a cup of black tea, opened my kindle and stretched my legs

It was almost half hour and two reminders before I was presented with the worst cup of tea I have ever sipped. Aargh, don't mess with my evening cuppa - but once again I heard that tiny voice in my head - move on, it's ok. So well, I decided instead to quickly use the loo before I leave. And that's when it was no longer ok.

The state of the only toilet was so disgusting I decided to walk up to the reception to register a complaint, hoping that someone will instruct the janitor to clean-up. Instead I met Ishwar Bhai. I told him about the terrible condition of the loo while he continued chew his paan and stare at me. Baffled, I asked, are you not worried that I may put this up on Tripadvisor 'your choice' he says. I thought I should give him another chance - so I went back to the disgusting place they call a toilet and took a picture. When I showed it to him he says 'what's wrong' ?

At the point I stormed out of the hotel muttering to myself about what a terrible hotel 'The Dwarka' is. My final shock came when I was told that the twit Ishwar Bhai is the owner of the hotel! I am only hoping that he is spoilt brat who has decided to drown his family's life's work. How else do you explain a hotel which botches up a cup of black tea with no milk nor sugar, has bare-chested staff hanging around in the middle of their restaurant, a filthy loo and then having the interaction with the arrogant jerk! Ufffff.

Ok, take a deep breath and move on. It's gotta be ok

To all folks who are even remotely discerning - please don't bother with this silly place, just go to Lords Inn. It's much better.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank C_Chaudhary
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My self and my wife stayed in this hotel in Feb2014 for 2nights on our trip to Dwarka.
It is a decent budget hotel. We took Super Delux Room. The room is spacious with hot water facility.Breakfast was included in the room rent. The breakfast is to be ordered and not Buffet.
The restaurant food is quite tasty. the restaurant seems to be popular since we found lot of people visiting during Lunch and Dinner time.
Our train to Ahmedabad was early in the morning and we had to leave the hotel at 6.30AM.They provided us with packed breakfast with no additional charge.
Autos are available just out side the hotel and one can complete the sight seeing of the town on auto by paying Rs. 250/- for two persons.
I recommend this hotel for stay.
prafulla-28

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Given the amount of money that they charge, this is one of the worst maintained hotels in its class in terms of service that I have ever stayed. We stayed in their highest category of rooms called "The royal suite" paying Rs.3000 per night. Considering that this is a small town we did expect a decent if not "Royal" treatment. We stayed for two nights during this month. The hotel from outside looks good and new and even the room looked decent although in the real terms it was not a suite but a single large room. You notice the problem as soon as you get into the elevator. The elevator belongs to the archaic area where unless you close the door manually it does not operate. The problem with this type specially in high usage situation like a hotel is that you get stuck in the third floor if someone forgets to close the door once he exits at the ground floor. This is exactly what happened to us. The AC provided is inadequate for a room of that size. On the first morning of our stay we found no water in the taps. We had to complain to the front desk after which the pump was switched on. After that we found that the supposed hot water was just lukewarm. Any amount of my trying to convince the staff that the water was not hot enough did not elicit any response. The rainwater shower provided was pathetic. It sprayed water everywhere other than its intended place. The health faucet was leaky and was positioned on the wrong side of the commode. We had to manage with what we got. For a room of that size we were surprised to see that only one plug point was provided. We could not charge two of our phones together let alone our camera batteries. The complimentary breakfast was just a choice of any one item out of three Indian dishes like parata, dosa, uthappa and sandwich. The restaurant tables were dirty and flys all over we finally decided to get the breakfast to our room. Even after complaining in the evening about the hot water and getting an assurance from the front desk that things will be OK the next morning, the situation was just the same. We had to request and got two half buckets of water ferried to our room to rake bath. During our entire stay we never ate in the restaurant in the hotel and ate elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple