“lovely place , food and people!!”
Review of The Piddle Inn

The Piddle Inn
The Piddle Inn
England, United Kingdom
“lovely place , food and people!!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

me and my partner were made to feel very welcome here and the food was delicous and very reasonably priced. it was clean, staff are friendly and polite and even the locals are friendly and you dont get that everywhere! the bar was open all evening, weve stayed a few places around this area and this was by far the most friendliest and had the best atmosphere, also it was easy to find x

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Never before have I uttered a work on Tripadvisor, but now is the time. We visited this pub in February 2014. I joked with my husband when pulling intot he car park how empty the place was, seems I should have taken heed at my own joke. It was Friday night and it was the pub's 'Steak Night' so surely it would be heaving??? Nope. We were the only ones eating in there and this was 8.15pm.
The waitress was lovely but that was the only good thing about the place. The menu was rather big, another clue that I really should have taken onboard. I ordered the garlic mushrooms and husband ordered scallops. The garlic mushrooms were average, nothing exciting, nothing special but they were at least cooked. Husband's scallops were raw in the middle so were sent back. I have no way of knowing if the next batch that came out were the ones he had sent back that had been cooked or whether it was a 'fresh' batch. I use the term 'fresh' lightly as he didnt for one minute think they were fresh, more like frozen. This time the scallops smelt strongly of fish - which if course means they are off. So again they were sent back and he refused any more. He suggested we leave at this point. I said to give the mains a go as it was steak night so surely they could cook a steak properly. uhhhhhhh it appears not. Both steaks were overcooked and chewy, the tomatoes looked like they had taken a bit of a mashing, the onion rings were overcooked and rock hard, the chips tasted like they had been cooked in very old oil. We didnt eat it but asked for our money back and left, promptly! What a waste of a babysitter. We ended up eating takeaway pizza in our car....

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Littlebear2014
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband went here today for lunch, we arrived about 1pm and there was 1 other customer (in retrospect this was a big clue) all the other pubs in the area were very busy! The 3 teenage members of staff were complaining about working! We had to ask for a menu and was informed that the roast was pork, we both opted to have the pork. We then sat down to an already set table, only to notice the cutlery was filthy and covered in finger prints, when I went to get some out of their trays I discovered they were equally as filthy! When our food arrived I was dismayed to discovered the 'roast pork' had been microwaved and we had been given 3 measly 'roast potatoes' which were clearly deep fried aunt Bessie's! The vegetables came in a separate dish, the vegetables had been clearly cooked well in advance and reheated in the microwave, sadly not enough as they were not hot enough to melt the knob of butter put on them! I have paid the same price (£9.95) for carveries and roasts and have been served fresh local produce, not microwaved and deep fried rubbish, The decor is also very odd as the bathrooms are very nice and modern but the pub/restaurant was very traditional with dusty figurines. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! Shame really as being local we are always trying to find new places to eat, but luckily I know plenty of places to find good home made food!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pumpkin1985
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family received a very warm welcome in this delightful gem of a pub that I discovered by chance 6 months ago, Mario and Jojo pulled out all the stops for Christmas lunch, and we were treated Royally! It made for a very successful day with good vibes all round. I wholeheartedly would recommend a visit when in this part of rural Dorset.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
wokingham
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our second visit after 4 years. Since then the pub has changed hands and the new owners Jojo and Mario have had the place reprinted. We had a different room this time which was clean and has been redecorated.It was steak night on Friday good value at £10 and the steak was very good. The second night we also dined here from the Italian menu which was good. We stayed with friends and the hotel was clean and the rooms had nice views over the fields.The landlady was fantastic and great fun, however Mario was a little reserved.

Room Tip: Room 3 Kingsize bed
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cstolland
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We went with friends for two nights. Friday was steak night the steaks were good the locals are extremely friendly in the bar.
The second night was a Saturday and rather quiet but the landlady organised one of the locals to bring his karaoke machine. He drove 20 miles to fetch it for our entertainment . We enjoyed ourselves and never stopped laughing.
The staff are friendly on the whole . The owner Mario is not as friendly which is the only low point.
Room 2 is bright & airy.

Room Tip: Room 2 bright and airy
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for one night. We had a big spacious room and staff were very helpful - they set up an additional bed with minimum fuss. Set in a quiet and friendly village. Breakfast was delicious, and we would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piddletrenthide
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel
#11 of 45 in Dorchester
The Brewers Arms
The Brewers Arms
#4 of 45 in Dorchester

Been to The Piddle Inn? Share your experiences!