“Bad start improved greatly”
Review of The Poachers Inn

The Poachers Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Near Oxford
“Bad start improved greatly”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Arriving at a nigh on empty pub for lunch and having to wait was not a good start. Things got better. The restaurant is pleasant enough if a bit dark but full of steps that could make access hard for those less able. The young lass who served us was pleasant and effective. The food was good and for the area reasonably priced.

• Visited May 2013
8 Thank Nesster

Peterborough
“A very nice meal”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We found this Inn at the far end of the village (from Piddlehinton). The restaurant was unavailable due to works ( but more likely there were so few people there service was easier)
My starter was soup of the day,cream of potato and leak soup which was fine. My wife liked it better than I did. My main was Lambs liver and bacon stack on mashed potato in onion gravy.This was nice but but a little overcooked and would have been better had the liver been flashed fried. My wife had Haddock stack over creamed spinach and topped with a perfectly cooked poached egg. she described as excellent. Our puddings were both good.

IThis is a large pub restaurant with accomodation and I am sure it will be busy

• Visited March 2013