“Exceptional is an understatement”
Review of Haus am Markt

Haus am Markt
Ranked #1 of 3 Koenigstein B&B and Inns
Milwaukee Wisconsin
“Exceptional is an understatement”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The most difficult part of this review is knowing where to begin. I am a business traveler from the US, and fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be get to spend a lot of time in hotels around the world. I was recently visiting the SPS trade show in Nuremberg and waited too long to book my hotel accommodation in the city, only to find that the last minute prices were absurd (Ave, E350 per night) in the old town. I therefore looked at a radius outside of Nuremberg and came across the Haus am Markt. I must say that I was a little skeptical at first, first because of the price of only E45, and secondly because of the 45 minute drive from the airport, however I hit confirm reservation, and I'm really glad that I did. My flight was arriving in Nuremberg at 9.30pm which meant that I would not arrive at the hotel until at least 11 pm. Mrs. Scharmacher, the owner provided me with excellent directions, and on my arrival gave me a warm greeting, checked me in and made me welcome. Street parking or hotel parking is available. I chose the former and it was fine. The hotel is small, personable, friendly and very clean and tidy. My room was exceptional, spacious, comfortable, great bathroom, cozy bed (adjustable) and with a welcome bottle of wine I was able to get a good night sleep. The kitchenette also offered a limited number of beverages, beer, water and wine at really inexpensive prices. I recall a bottle of wine was approx, E4. The next morning I had a great shower, dressed and made my way across the hall to a cozy breakfast room, (400 years old and the old horse stable) offering a great selection of continental breakfast items, as well as individual juice, coffee and eggs. My drive to Nuremberg was also very pleasant, getting to experience the Bavarian country side and small towns which were not visible during my night time arrival. Hotel to trade show hall 45 minutes each way. On my return to the hotel each evening, I found my room (really a suite) cleaned thoroughly with new bathroom and bedroom linens etc. On departure, I had a very early flight, 6 am, and even though breakfast is not served until 7 am, Mrs. Scharmacher, knowing of my departure time, left me hot coffee, juice, cereal and a pack of sandwiches to go. All in all, I must say that the overall experience at Haus am Markt was exceptional. Four nights in Konigstein, with car rental and gas was a little more than one night in Nuremberg. I would highly recommend this hotel and town for any visitor to the region, business or otherwise, and I certainly will be returning here next November and also in the summer of 2014. As for Konigstein, a gorgeous Bavarian town in a beautiful region, with excellent amenities great eating and drinking establishments that portray the best of Bavaria. Hope you find this useful.

Room Tip: I had the room (Suite) on the first floor, the widows do face the road so a little noisy during morn...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank exilebrit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The deco is tasteful german country style, the rooms are big, spacious, confortable. Everything is harmony. The owners are very helpful. The countryside is very beutiful.
Old house completly renewed. Near to bakery and supermarkt. Possibility to use the washing machine and dryer.
No lift.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Working_abroad_2012
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Haus am Markt was a delightful place to stay. The suites were very clean, with a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. The breakfast had a wide variety, and everything was delicious and fresh. The location of Haus am Markt is ideal; easy to find and within a couple minutes walk of a grocery store, bakery, and good restaurants.
Our favorite thing about Haus am Markt was the welcoming, homey atmosphere.
The only thing it left to be desired was a wifi connection, although they do offer DSL.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
hausammarkt, Inhaber at Haus am Markt, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
WIFI
Thank you Chris, for your comment. It is important for us to get knowledge of the requests of our guests. We constantly improve our performance: I am pleased to announce that we now offer a hotspot.
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 20 March 2011

The owners of the Haus am Markt were very accomodating and kind. The room was clean and spacious. Unfortunately, the noise from people going up and down the stairs and in the room above us was very loud and kept us awake. I felt like every sound could be heard. I also wish breakfast was offered at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koenigstein
Hotel Goldener Greif
Hotel Goldener Greif
#1 of 1 in Edelsfeld
Hotel Wilder Mann
Hotel Wilder Mann
#1 of 4 in Koenigstein
Brauerei Gasthof Hotel Sperber-Brau
Brauerei Gasthof Hotel Sperber-B...
#1 of 2 in Sulzbach-Rosenberg
#3 of 4 in Koenigstein
Konigsteiner Hof
Konigsteiner Hof
#4 of 4 in Koenigstein

Been to Haus am Markt? Share your experiences!