“Going downhill fast”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Roedermark
Sturbridge, MA
“Going downhill fast”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here in 2013 about June time and here I am in May 2014. The changes are as follows: All fridges have been removed from the rooms, probably to save on electricity. This does not help when I want to store my insulin in the fridge, and have to resort to my companies fridge who I am visiting. There are no channels on the TV other than German speaking ones where last year there was at least CNN and BBC. There are no soaps in the bathroom other than the ridiculous combination squeeze bottles that contain "Hair shampoo and body wash" that sends one off to work smelling like one doesnt wish to as a man. The menu in the restaurant has been severely reduced in choices, and the schnitzel I tried was soft and mushy and greasy. The only decent spot is the breakfast buffet but DO NOT try anything that has been cooked. The bacon looked like it had been on show for several weeks.The scrambled egg was particularly uninspiring. The management of this hotel needs a severe shake up. Even the vending machine for the coke I wanted would not accept my money.I am going to instruct my company to look for something else, because clearly the management of this hotel think they have it coming to them and standards have slipped so far in a year it is astonishing. It is a great pity, because the property is nice overall and has such great potential. Perhaps if they stopped with the brightly colored porcelain ducks in the garden areas and concentrated on good customer service it will have a chance. GoodBye Parkhotel, it was nice last year but not anymore. As many travellers know, when a hotel resorts to squeeze bottles in the bathroom to save 10c a day, the end is not far away.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms and the pay TV service does not work as advertised in the in room literature...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank laserman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Staff polite but useless. Rooms look like they are from the 70's & warn out. I book a romantic weekend away with my partner and should have had dinner, breakfast, champagne, chocolates and flowers in our room, but were told on arrival that it was room only regardless of what their paper work said or what was offered on the Parkhotel website. After some time they agreed to give us the breakfast's and after more discussions the dinner, but nothing else. Room was next to lift and you could hear the doors & cables all night. Hairdryer in room did not work, requested a hairdryer but nothing came. Bird dropping all over the balcony and outside balcony floor. Radiator in bathroom could not be turned off, which made room very hot even with windows open. A two night 'cuddles break' cost 318 euros for a deluxe premium. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allen B

Travellers are raving about these Roedermark hotels

Meerbusch, Germany
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed in the Parkhotel Rödermark in December. The hotel is in a pleasant setting and is well equipped. The rooms are functional but a little bit "used". The staff at breakfast were not overly friendly. The breakfast room was busy and I had to wait until I was offered coffee although one of the waitresses was busy laying tables for lunch. In the evening the staff were more helpful. The food in the restaurant was acceptable. Not a bad hotel for a stop over but I wouldn't recommend it for a holiday.

Odiham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed two nights. They first offered me a room that smelt of sewage and the room had a pull down bed. I returned to the main desk and asked for a new room. After some time I was finally offered a room in another block. It was fine. The service in the evening (Monday)was poor. I could have died of thirst for how long the order took to arrive. The manager appeared to be more interested in his newspaper than his guests. I awoke in the morning and there was no hot water. A freezing shower. A "technical issue". No apology just a technical issue. OK I’m tuff. Takes me back to my digs days but I can manage. Got back in the evening to be told that it was all fixed. So I had a hot shower that evening. Guess what? Freezing shower again in the morning. And the worst thing about it. When I pointed out they had failed to provide me with the service they had sold me I still had to pay, no discount. Maybe they like cold showers in Germany. Maybe I’ll not stay here again. Should you? We also got delayed in Germany by fog in the UK and had to say another night. I didn’t return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't unless you like cold showers.
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed here many times as my company does business in the area. They are having parties (due to Christmas time) and the noise they make is extremely loud. I stopped by the front desk early at around 8pm to ask if I could have another room. They said no. I asked them how long they would be having the loud music. They stated it would be shut down at 12 midnight. They did not shut it down. I called the front desk and now they suggest I move rooms. I also could not even get a beer as they shut everything down for this party. It does not matter if you are a paying guest. No one cares. I won't be staying here again and I am going to ensure my company does not use it as well. Not worth the hassle.

Room Tip: All the rooms are average. None of them stand out. Beds are not comfortable either.
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We couldn't find any hotel in Frankfurt itself for reasonable price due to busy period and had to look in the area. To our surprise that was a really good choice

We usually like modern and new hotel but even though this one is very traditional has a character. It's only 20-25 min drive to the center of Frankfurt and set in a beautiful park area.

- room was very clean and well maintained,
- service was great,
- restaurant was very cozy and food was nice,
- swimming pool was good and big enough,
- breakfast buffet offered a good choice of warm a d cold food.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and return there myself.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Visited here for 4 nights for my cousins 50th wedding anniversary.
Lovely hotel with great rooms and very friendly staff who could not do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
Only downside was the pool was very cold but the sauna easily made up for it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roedermark
Hotel Lindenhof
#2 of 7 in Roedermark
Hotel Sterkel
Hotel Sterkel
#3 of 7 in Roedermark

Been to Parkhotel Frankfurt-Roedermark? Share your experiences!