“Life Changing walking holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Velez-Malaga
Bambu Boutique Apartments Exclusively for Women
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Life Changing walking holiday”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

One week at Bambu and it changed my life, I went there on my own and met seven complete strangers and now have seven friends for life, varying ages and from all over England, our paths would never have crossed back here in blighty, the week was amazing from start to finish, Susanne met me at the airport all smiles and made me feel totally at ease, the walks were wonderful and no-one was made to do more than they felt comfortble with, we opted out one day and had a shopping trip to the beach, I laughed so much I cried, the atmosphere was relaxed and I felt safe and secure, I went there a complete emotional wreck but everyone had stories and they made me feel so confident and it was good to talk to like minded ladies who didn't judge, the views were amazing, Susanne and Catherine couldn't do enough for you, they are a great couple and very helpful, I met someone special so it was life changing in more ways than one, I will return but hopefully next time as part of a couple and not on my own.........highly recommended, can't wait to go again :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tracey C

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had been meaning to visit Bambu for ages and I'm so glad I finally did it. The alternative was Barbados but not meaning to sound trite but Bambu was on a par if not better! I went as a solo traveller and luckily the three other German guests staying a couple and a singleton were lovely and made me feel very included. I even learned some German. Susanne was away but Catherine was there. she picked me up from Malaga airport no trouble at all. Another day she drove us all to the Alhambra which we visited while she went skiing in the mountains. It was a 1hr 45 min drive. We all had supper in benomocarra later. I also spent one night in Malaga but was so happy to return to the tranquility and beauty that is Bambu. Highly recommended and this is from someone who has travelled a lot and stayed in some fabulous places.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed a solo week at Bambu and would highly recommend it. There was much hilarity when each of us confessed, within a day, that we had each hired a car just in case we were stuck with people we wouldn't get on with! Instead the solo week had attracted people were easy going and up for adventures, all of whom also liked time on their own at times. The place is beautiful and the website doesn't fully capture just how stunning the views from the terrace are. The nearest town (10 mins walk) Benamocarra is very small and I would recommend you hire a car to get the most of the trip as there are so many beautiful places nearby (Nerja, Frigiliana, Granada, Córdoba) and there aren't many restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was my second time at bambu having been 2 years previously. If you wish to get away from life and totally relax this is the place to be. Beautiful views to sit with a coffee in the morning, so peaceful. Rooms are lovely with everything you need. Great for lying in the sun beside the pool with a good book.

Room Tip: All rooms lovely although room 7 has own private terrace
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Bambu was a great find for a break with friends - complete relaxation peppered with trips out to beautiful local towns and beaches. A car is needed to go anywhere farther than the local town, although we did spend a few enjoyable nights there too. A lovely pool and plenty of space, so easy to mix with other guests or have a quiet time. Would recommend visiting Granada and a walk around it's old town (an easy drive) and Nerja had pretty little beaches. Everyone enjoyed the fresh fish bbq's dotted along the seafront.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We went to Bambu for a relaxing peaceful holiday and we could not have asked for more Catherine and Susanne were so lovely, The holiday was perfect and we would love to go back it was the first holiday we have been on where we didnt feel out of place somewhere you can go and relax and you really dont have to plan what you want to do we didnt get a car but Catherine said anywhere we wanted to go she would take us which was great and Susanne picked us up from the airport. It was nice to meet lovely people and have some us time it was definately the best place for us and anyone wishing for some chill out time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Bambu is really special, rarely do you get great views and a swimming pool in the same place! If you're after a quiet, do-it-yourself getaway somewhere beautiful and authentic, this is the place to go.Amenities are relatively modest but sufficient if you are visiting in the summer and spending most of your time in the lovely terrace and pool.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite has a private balcony with even more amazing views!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Velez-Malaga
Iberostar Malaga Playa
#2 of 8 in Velez-Malaga
Escuela la Crujia
Escuela la Crujia
#2 of 4 in Velez-Malaga

Been to Bambu Boutique Apartments Exclusively for Women? Share your experiences!