“Wow, Wow, Wow!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Velez-Malaga
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Wow, Wow, Wow!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Just returned from a truly wonderful weekend at this fabulous hotel.
We arrived at 11am and Alberto, the very efficient and friendly receptionist, said we could have early check in and also gave us an upgrade to a suite!
The room was amazing, clean and well equipped, with views to die for.

The gardens and pool were pristine.

We had been told the food was good, but it was exceptional. I don't think I could find better Gambas Pil Pil anywhere in Spain. The lamb was so delicious, I had it for the two nights! Didn't get to meet the chef, but a big thanks for the wonderful food he prepared.

We even got a late check out, what more could we ask for!

Every credit to the manager and the staff. Everyone of them was courteous, efficient and extremly hard working, always with a smile.

Special thanks to Paco, Alberto x 2, Juanma, David and Lola

You can be sure we will return to your lovely hotel in such beautiful surroundings! Many thanks

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We love this hotel! The room was spotless (for me more important than anything else), the balcony had a fantastic view over the lake, the breakfast included lots of choice and plenty of it, the staff are friendly and helpful, the pool was clean and there were plenty of sun loungers, the gardens were beautiful and for the quality, the price was reasonable. The location for us was ideal as we know the area very well and we like it quiet to relax - it would not be suitable for anyone not intending to hire a car! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a peaceful break.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was a wonderful relaxing well run hotel in fantastic scenery. The staff were friendly and helpful the food excellant! We stayed with our family a group of 6 for 3 days and would certainly hope to return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Oxford
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay in the hotel, we just ate at the restaurant one night, although from what we saw of the hotel it looked lovely!

The food was of a very high standard, For starters I had: Spanish style scrambled eggs with Iberia ham and crystallised mushrooms. For my main I had: salmon stuffed with prawns with a tomato and cheese pasta swirl. The desert of death by chocolate nearly finished me off - my husband was most surprised as I never usually leave any of a chocolate pud but I was just so full!

We sat on the terrace to eat which overlooks the lake and it was stunning to see the sunset as we ate.

In all, we had a lovely evening and would thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank lola1986
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I have stayed here on a few occasions now and it seems to be getting better. The food was excellent, the staff very helpful and the rooms ideal for a few days or a longer stay. Sun beds could be more comfortable, and be careful of the parasols by the pool, they do not block the rays. Views, position and peaceful environment make this a destination for tranquility. (Beware of a Chelsea supporter who frequents this hotel....lol sorry John, regards to the family, we enjoyed your company, Rob & Sue :) )

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob S
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Just want to say what a Fabulous Hotel this is . The Staff are fantastic ,the food was great . The grounds are Excellent ,I'd recommend this Hotel ,the scenery is Stunning . We were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary and our Sister in laws 50th Birthday .

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have visited the hotel several times but never been resident until now. I decided to book a nights stay and was very impressed.
The location is fantastic right on the lake side and the facilities are excellent. I had requested a room with a lakeside view which I got. The pool area is nice and again has a lakeside view.
I was very impressed with the room which was finished to a very high standard. The whole hotel has a quality feel to it and I enjoyed my stay.
Only 2 minor gripes. The wifi isn't very good and kept dropping out and at night the bar needs its own waiter. The three they have we're ran off their feet meaning a wait for bar service. Didnt really bother me as i wasnt in a rush,but there was a lot of tutting from others.
I didn't eat in the restaurant but would recommend Restaurante Venta la Vina in nearby La Vinuela. The Argentinian steak is fantastic.
In summary a lovely hotel and perfect location.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Barto X
Also consider these accommodations in or near Velez-Malaga
Hotel Palacio Blanco
Barcelo Malaga
Barcelo Malaga
#3 of 88 in Malaga
Balcon de Competa Hotel and Bungalows

Been to Hotel La Vinuela? Share your experiences!