“Jazz Night”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Velez-Malaga
Tours, France
“Jazz Night”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have a home in the local area but always make time to look into the special evenings provided by the hotel and the standard of entertainment, food, setting and service never disappoint! The latest evening we attended was the Jazz night on the 26th July which took place outside in the gardens. The outdoor setting, candlelight and stunning views over the lake were just magical , the music and food were also fantastic and incredible value for money. We recommend the hotel for a morning coffee, a light lunch, drinks with friends or an evening meal. We have always been extremely happy with the hotel. We recommend you check out their Entertainment programme! Maurice and Kate

1 Thank Maurice F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I have stayed in the hotel for 5 days. We have choosed the hotel beceouse it is small boutique hotel with view on lake and mountains. there is only 15 km to the beach. For us it was the best choice for very silent hotel and good access to the beach (if you have a car).
I love run and the coast of lake is good for this.
The hotel very good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms with lake view (the best on the second floor)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrzej S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family live in the area now and we have been here a few times over the years day and night for both the snack menu and the a la carte...there are plenty of choices and all the food and wine is lovely...you don't always need to book...but best not to be disappointed. the location, service, views, ambiance..and the al fresco dining...marvellous...!! Just book it and go...I won't recommend individual dishes as they have all be great each time..Enjoy!

Room Tip: If dining in the summer months..eating early evening so it cools as the sun goes down over the lake!
1 Thank worldwide002
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed here before and can recommend with pleasure. However this time we were just visitors enjoying a meal & Jazz evening. The performers were playing in the gardens next to the terrace and we watched the sunset while eating excellent food and absorbing the musical background.

The hotel is 4* and unlike many Spanish hotels that claim to be the equivalent of the London Savoy, this really does meet its claims. The food was of high quality and I asked the waiter for a dish off the menu, without cheese sauce but instead a peppercorn sauce. Not an issue with no second questions.

We booked and it was just as well. The special evenings such as our Jazz night are over-subscribed and there is little point in turning up at 8.00pm without a booking, to be told that you have to sit in the inside restaurant - and miss the whole point of a musical evening.

Seville, Spain
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and me stayed at this hotel last week and it was the best holidays I ever had in my life. The hotel and the restaurant is simply perfect to spend a very nice and pleasant holidays. The treatment of the whole staff was incredibly friendly and they take care of us in every senses. They are specially friendly with children although it is also a perfect hotel to travel with your love. Maria, the manager, greeted me and my family every morning and shows committment and worriness for tha happiness of us during our days there. Simply, the best!!! I will repeat every year!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had been recommended to visit this hotel to sample their lunch-time menu. I decided to go and see for myself. The setting is perfect as the restaurant is inside/outside and has views of the adjacent lake. The menu is extensive and very different from the normal fare available in the area. It ranges from 'fine dining' style dishes to classy burgers, so caters for all tastes. The food was good, as was the service. It is certainly somewhere to take friends and not be disappointed although a bit on the pricey side for the area. I din't stay at the hotel so this review is just for the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel is located in a beautiful position overlooking Lake Vinuela set in extremely well tended gardens.
I have been to the hotel on a number of occasions and feel it is somewhere to visit for a week to just chill out, with only 37 rooms it has always been quite intimate. However the hotel has over the last few years been marketing itself as a wedding venue, and as a paying hotel guest I felt I was a constant gatecrasher at someones wedding, some with over 300 guests.
The food in the restaurant has this year changed from being superb to "chefs been watching to many cookery tv shows" its overly rich and not the sort of meal you want 2 days running. This was a discussion point with a number of other hotel guests, so its not just my opinion.
Still a lovely place to visit but I will try somewhere else next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rob S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Velez-Malaga
Hotel Palacio Blanco
Hotel Avenida JC
Hotel Avenida JC
#5 of 5 in Velez-Malaga
Iberostar Malaga Playa

Been to Hotel La Vinuela? Share your experiences!