“No Value For Money”

Dining options: Reservations
Ghent, Belgium
“No Value For Money”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Service was proffesional but not friendly , rolls black burnd ( as we sayd this the waitress sait it was a little problem in the kitchen she did not served other rolls , after the meal our bottle of wine
who was on an other table was still full for 25 % , So i would not recomend this restaurant to others

• Visited August 2012

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Very nice restaurant but the food not up to par for the price.”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The restaurant is located outside of St. Lo in St. Pierre de Semilly. Very nicely appointed restaurant, comfortable seating with space enough between tables. The service was nice, we felt bad for our poor French skills as the waitress did not speak English.

The food selection offered was nice, apart from the standard fare you might find in an average restaurant. The starters were very nice and tasty. The main courses were nicely presented but taste wise, just average. Nice wine selection.

Maybe because we went on a Wednesday and the head chef had a day off.

• Visited May 2012
Montana
“The Best Meal on our Three Week European Trip”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The manager of our B&B recommended Le Fleur de Thym. In our party were three teenagers and two adults. Two of us could manage a little French, the staff could manage a little English, and so we did just fine with the language. The restaurant is quiet and has a warm and well-lit atmosphere, with a small fire in the fireplace and bright windows along two walls.

The children are fairly adventurous eaters, so we settled on the five-course dinner, though there were also a la carte items, which seemed to be popular with the (very lucky!) locals. Some of the dishes I recall were- beef carpaccio (teen son loved it) salmon pate topped with asparagus mousse with a very pretty presentation. Duck wrapped in a thin pastry shell with the most exquisite sauce I've ever had.

The service was just lovely. Although my children are well-behaved, one never knows how they'll be received in a nice restaurant and there was no problem here. My youngest demanded I teach him how to say, "I would like more Coke, please." The waitress seemed to think that was quite cute.

The food here surpassed anything we had in Paris. I just can't say enough about this lovely little place. While it was expensive, it wasn't outrageous, and worth every penny.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank travelD
Folkestone
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I visited with two members of my family after reading the previous review (thank you!). What a totally wonderful experience from the moment we walked in. The food was easily a match for Rick Steins in Padstow and definitely some of the finest we had all ever savored. The service was excellent, attentive without constantly circling. The quality of the food made the evening memorable and I fully recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Phil M
Saint Manvieu Bocage, France
“A real pleasure!”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I dined here on the evening of our 10th wedding anniversary and we were so pleased that we chose this place. The service was professional and friendly. The food was outstanding! Every mouthful was a real pleasure. I am already recommending this restaurant to all of our friends, family and guests.

• Visited July 2011