“Quiet Hotel”

Best Western Hotel Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Gross-Gerau
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Most hotels offer the basic things; bed, bath, breakfast, but not all offer a "personality". We were planning a 4 day stay in Gross-Gerau, but an accident extended our stay to 11 days. From day , all of the staff were excellent, of particular note was a desk person, Mr. Erdal Kasarca, who worked with us to make sure that our stay was pleasant. When he became aware that we had a medical problem, he helped us with getting medical assistance. I am not sure, but I believe that he spoke to all the staff to give us extra attention. All was appreciated.
The other area worthy of note was the food. Breakfast was the best, no reservations, we have had in any buffet type presentation.
The gentleman in charge of the food preparation, Mr. Emanuel Stefanakis, provided first class food and service. Our extended stay allowed us to sample most of the items on the menu. Every presentation was outstanding.
If you do not need the drum beat of the big city, go to this hotel and leave relaxed.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor, there is a small patio area from most rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2014

As a hotel it was OK; not a lot around but walking distance to the local town. Hotel was well kept and clean with an acceptable restaurant (open until 10pm only).
Not close to Frankfurt airport - a good 15min + drive depending on traffic. A shuttle bus is available - I paid 10 EUR to the airport and 35 EUR to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Compares well with 60 EUR for taxi or about 15 EUR by train - BUT to get the train for Frankfurt you need a taxi to the local station then trains are not that frequent. Overall time is not much shorter than by taxi/shuttle and as far as I could see there is no taxi stand at the train station so getting back to the hotel could be a problem.
On my departure, I had to leave early and admittedly timed things closely. I got to the desk to settle my outstanding bill and couldn't get any attention for about 15 mins. When the guy did arrive, he was surly and chose to completely ignore me, instead dealing with two other guys who had got there after me before eventually dealing with me.
I wouldn't stay at this hotel by choice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sjb379
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very good hotel, close to the highway, quiet, was ideal for me on a short business trip.
There was no problem with the reservation, although I was booking quite late.
I can highly recommend it for other business travelers.

Room Tip: It is a quiet location, so I think any romm will be good. Mine was 114.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2013

large rooms, with necessary amenities. suburban hotel 20 minutes driving from airport. super friendly staff, nice touch is free coffee delivered to room. bar open 24 hours;). extensive breakfast buffet. well-functioning wifi

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Nice, small, clean hotel. Very friendly staff. Big clean rooms. Perfect airport shuttle service (the hotel must be informed in advance) to both: from/to Airport directions. Good enough breakfast. I've stayed there 10 times and planning to stay again each time while flying with connection in Frankfurt.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed for four nites at the end of May 2013. All bad. When we went to check in, the clerk at the front desk said he "couldn't find" THE luggage cart. Four days later, they still had not found it. The printer in the lobby had no toner, so we could not print maps or boarding passes. There were seven pending jobs from previous guests attempts to print. The clerk said they would get toner. Four days later, still no toner. We had two rooms, one of which was for our teenage daughter. When we found the dead bolt on her room required a key to engage it from the inside, we asked about this. They said it was "okay" because her key-card was the only key card for that room. Only when we said this was unacceptable did they have a maintenance man fix the dead bolt. The lamp and foyer light in the room didn't work. They charged us $2 each for the coffee/tea service described as "complimentary" in all their advertisements. The halls have a damp musky smell almost covered by a strong antiseptic odor. But the real kicker was wash cloths. Simple cloths to wash with. They have none. None at all. And for four days, were not able to come up with any. When I submitted the survey listing my grievances, (two weeks later) the manager offered me 40% of a future stay, and Best Western offered additional Rewards Points, but admitted they are powerless to effect changes at the hotel bearing their name.

Room Tip: Bring your own wash cloths
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Don't be misled by the airport name. It's not very close. While its not too far it's far enough away that getting there will invoke some cost. It's at least a 35 euro taxi ride from the airport which off sets any saving you get with the lower price. They have shuttles but they cost 15 euros a person and when I called was a two hour wait.

The hotel itself is good. Clean, front desk staff very accommodating, and they had a very good breakfast that was included in the price

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gross-Gerau
Adler Hotel & Restaurant Gross-Gerau
NH Frankfurt Moerfelden Conference Center
NH Frankfurt Moerfelden Conferen...
#2 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Hotel Monika
Hotel Monika
#2 of 3 in Gross-Gerau

Been to Best Western Hotel Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!