All reviews clean tidy weeks break pool view central location cheese and ham corfu town hotel restaurant a la carte restaurant travel agent min walk rooms are basic irene luxury holiday plugs fridge wardrobe
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed in Gouvia Hotel 15 th if May and I have the best experience. The whole environment wss very warm and the staff too friendly snd always with a smile. The food was tasty. The room wss comfortable and every day the housekeeper was cleaning my room. Many thanks to Irene in reception. I will come back for sure!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank K_Selda
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Nice people. Very friendly customer service. Room are clean and tidy. Fresh food every day . 2 min. walk to beach. Very happy. I recommend to any one I was with my 8 years son. Close to the water park.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Kasia107
Reviewed 23 December 2014

I know we are just approaching Christmas but i i have turned my thoughts to next years holidays. We stayed at the Gouvia hotel in July 2014. We were a party of 12 adults . While searching fro next year i was disappointed to read the negative reviews of the Gouvia hotel and its staff. It is a budget hotel and you get what you pay for, however the hotel was far better than I expected. The staff were first class and could not do enough for you. Yannis the boss and his and his wife worked very hard and helped us at every turn. The set meals were good and if you did not like anything they were more than willing to change. It actual turned out as a free choice because nearly every night some in our patry made some changes. The rooms were clean and the maids very good. The pool was adequate although the furniture was perhaps a wee but tired.
What can I sat about the night time porter, plant waterer, barman, cooker of eggs and downright pleasant guy. We had some great laughs with Panos and he really looked forward to us returning to the hotel after a night out on the town. He would keep the bar open as long as required. he even came for a night out with bringing his wife son and brother -in -law with him. All in all we had a fantastic holiday, we would all definitely return to the GouviasHotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Murray R
Reviewed 20 October 2014 via mobile

Booked for two weeks paid for breakfast evening meal , first room smelt like a sewer. Breakfast a old boiled egg dry bread , moved to another room which had two single beds in a double room. Evening meal no choice at all. The waiter put the slop in front of you not saying a word . Then took it back without a word the manager was very ignorant . The only nice One was a young girl on reception who looked embarrassed. Even though we paid four food and hotel we left after three days went to sidari found a nice apartment . If we had stayed in that dump for two weeks we would never have gone back to Greece again. As it represented a dump , glad to get away from the gouvia hotel.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 17 October 2014

The hotel rooms are dated and basic, the bedroom was cleaned every day with fresh sheets every day but the bathroom was so small it was hard to fit into the shower. You get what you pay for and if you are out all day then it's ok. The breakfasts are very very basic with the same food served every day. Hotel staff are very warm and friendly with the hotel on the main street of the town. The food in the restaurant is very nice and varied. Overall it is a hotel that will not suit everybody but if you are looking for a cheap holiday in Corfu then the Hotel Gouvia is spot on.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple