Just had a week here with all the family (6 in total) on an 'all inclusive' basis. We had 2 rooms in the newer two storey block, which were spacious, clean and pretty much on a par with what you would expect. Most important - the air con was spot on!! Our view wasn't up to much, as we faced inland over a tennis court and car park, but we never worry about the view - it's the hotel that counts.
Here the Corcyra Beach scored well, food was plentiful, good quality and variable with themed menus daily - as a further temptation, they have an Asian Buffet (pre booking recommended) that offers a little more peace and tranquillity away from the the busy hub of the main dinning area. Here you get a feeling for the size of the place, as they cannot cope with large numbers of diners wanting to eat outside on the copious veranda, overlooking the bay, so some queuing at busy times is annoying. And herein lies the biggest issue I had with the place - it is probably too big, though admittedly, size on this scale allows for additional entertainment that smaller venues would not be able to afford.
Pulling your own pints (Zorbas lager!) is a laugh and ripping through the cocktail list certainly throws up some interesting drinks - no problem with that side of the place either.
The kids club (which we didn't use) kept the young 'uns busy and tired them out so there was virtually no marauding packs of kids to upset us big 'uns late at night.
Water sports are provided by an 'add on' company (good, but not cheap) and the 'beach' is just a strip, but swimming is Ok.
The pools were clean and sunloungers plentiful, though there was just a tinest hint of a "worn out" look around the lagoon pool and playgrounds - and the advertised jacuzzi doesn't exist and the swim up bar was not in use (always one of my favourite ad ons!)
Staff were polite, responsive and everywhere - can't really fault them at all.
For families - outstanding! - for couples?, well, a walk into Gouvia (2 minutes away) displays all the subtlety of Benidorm - would you go for a drink in "The Vergina"? So the place is a bit off the beaten track if you want some culture, and local car hire firms must be trying, single handedly, to re-float the Greek Economy on their own with the prices we paid - though that is not the Hotels issue, of course.
All in all, good value, well run, plenty of facilities, clean and enjoyable - on the down side it is very big and a little impersonal, just a tad worn in places and lacks a waiter service facility - even if it meant a cover charge. I would have scored 3.75/5.00 and called it pretty good but Tripadvisor won't let me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shimmering views of the Mediterranean Sea, variety of dining options and a colored of activities await you at this beautiful, 4 star hotel in Corfu Island, Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel. Situated in Gouvia bay and surrounded by superb scented gardens this 4 star all inclusive hotel in Corfu is ideal for your summer holidays.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Louis Corcyra Beach
- Louis Corcyra Beach Gouvia
- Corcyra Beach
- Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel Corfu/Gouvia