“Well Run Hotel, Great Food & Drink, not a Beach Holiday”

Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Gouvia
Wales
“Well Run Hotel, Great Food & Drink, not a Beach Holiday”
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We were on holiday with our 9 year old daughter and another couple. We had standard rooms in the main building which were better than expected and quiet at night, nice and central to the both pools. We had a lovely weeks holiday , we were All Inclusive had couldnt fault the food or the drink (although i came home 6lb's heavier!), plenty of drink was being consumed but we never saw anyone "drunk". Both pools are great, the lagoon pool at the front of the hotel is quiet and the main pool is where all the activities occur, so can be a little noisy. I knew it was a man-made beach but it was untidy and as a previous review said "more like sharp builders sand". Not very good for children who like to build sand-castles, not crystal clear sea either. My daughter enjoyed the childrens entertainment BUT the Adult entertainment which follows is shocking ! Please take lots of mosquitto repellant as they eat you to bits !!. The sea is more like a lake and hence the mosquitto's. The hotel is very clean and the staff friendly and helpfull. We went to a few bars in the town and ate out one lunchtime however it cost us a fortune ! so was VERY glad to have paid for All Inclusive. I would not recommend this for Hotel for the less mobile or Pushchairs/wheel chairs as there a lots of steps to contend with around the hotel grounds. We had a great holiday, very relaxing and a quailty Hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Manolis S, Διευθυντής at Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2016

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2010

What lets this hotel down is the beach, or lack of it I should say. The setting is beautiful, but the beach is man made and not very well. Sand is like something out of the building site (think sharp sand). There is a marina nearby which makes you not want to go for a swim. My husband and I were there for a week with our 2 girls 4yrs and 10mths old. The older daughter had a lovely time. There is a kids' club which runs from 10 to 12, 3-5 and 6-8, which is practically all day. It was a life saver for us since our little one got ill the second day we were there so we were able to devote time to her while the older one was at the club. Food is good, lots to choose from, if greesy. Hotel was 3-4 star. Do upgrade to seaside view it is well worth it, and nice to wake up to. Staff were brilliant, very friendly and were very helpful when our little one was ill. Entertainment is dire if you are not there for the kids. Our 4 year old loved it. Our room was in an annex and had all we needed, not luxurious, not completely basic either. Air con was a bit noisy but one can sleep through it. Do buy a mosquito repeller as they are viscious there. All in all the holiday was ok and I'd recommend it to families and 50-60 year olds, but not to couples in search of romance or elderly.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Scotland
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Read all the reviews before we went and was looking forward to a great hotel - value for money. Did we get it in my opinion... we did get value for money. Booked the week before and got the lot for abt £1200. Location is brilliant - absolutely beautiful views. Bay reminded me of Lake Windermere. If you are looking for a beach hotel - this isn't it. Beach is man made and because you are in a bay there is no tide as such which means the water is dirty from the boats and ships at the nearby marina. There were people swimming but no way would I have gone in. Beach is man made - no sand as such but beds on beach are free for All Inc. We had a beach bungalow which was absolutely fabulous just because of the view. Leave the curtain open and you will awake to a gorgeous view of the bay with the wee church on the other side. Room 128 if anyone wants that view. No rooms with sea view have a sunny balcony/terrace at night but I moved my seat 8 feet to the beach and sat there later at night when the sun was sinking. Room was OK - not 4 star - basic and clean(ish). Towels fine, sheets changed frequently, tidied every day - just not luxurious. I dont particularly care about that - the locatin made up for it. Some might care. Pool areas are lovely, lots of sunbeds - no need to book - everyone seemed to get up quite late. I was there almost myself from about 8 till 10. Get towels from reception 10 euros deposit. They are big and adequate. Not fluffy but neither are my own beach towels!! Food - well, I'm not fussy but am veggie - husband is not veggie but is fussy! Beakfast is fine - same everywhere I have ever been! You'll find something to eat. Dinner was not so good - lovely surroundings to eat - outside space is lovely and I enjoyed sitting looking over the bay however I found it difficult to find something to eat. Ate chips and salad for the duration. Most of the Pasta dishes had some kind of fish or meat in which made it hard. Lunch was at pool bar and was a mini version of dinner. You could eat outside which made it bearable. If you like fish and stuff you will be fine. Snacks..... 10 -12 you got croissants, pastiies and some other kind of fish thing. luch is 12.30 - 3.30 then you got potato croquettes, garlic rolls, pizza and chicken nuggets. Same every single day. boring boring boring food. Chinese, I thought was nice but that goes against the grain of most others as no one else seemed to like it - too spicy seemed to be the overall opinion! Cant please everyone. Outside the hotel 5 mins walk are some bars and restaurants, plenty if you just want a change or get cabin fever. We ate out a few nights and had some nice food. Had a few drinks which were nice but expensive. cocktails 6 euro, beer 4 euro. Don't even think about going to this hotel anything else but All inclusive, the beer and drinks are all served in wee plastic cups and I heard someone being charged 5 euros for a beer and a soft drink - not worth it. All inc you help yourself. Staff fine but one waiter got a bit angry with me coz I couldnt pour a beer and I wa spoiling more than I was drinking!! Hey you do it then! For the not so mobile would not recommend - lots of steps and slopes. Wouldnt like to push a buggy never mind a wheel chair. We chose to get a taxi for and from airport and it was 20 euros each way. One last thing - we got there at 1.00p.m. and it was chaos!! You dont get into your room till 2. Leave you sitting in upstairs bar with drinks and come and shout your name - porter takes your cases in buggy and somone directs you to room. Organised chaos - quite funny actually!! Any questtions e-mail me.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew10

cornwall
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I have just returned from a family holiday to Corfu where we stayed at Louis Corcyra Beach. Having read some of the reveiws posted on this site, I was extrmely nervous about what it was going to be like. I was however, absolutley delighted. Upon arrival at the hotel, all of my fears were laid to rest. The staff were very friendly, the hotel was clean and there seemed to be a very pleasant atmosphere. We were shown to our room by a very helpful porter, and were again really impresssed with everything. The room was exactly how it had looked in the brochure. If i had one slight issue with the hotel, it would be that buggy access is not that good, and if you are not situated in the main hotel building - which we weren't - you would more than likely have steps to conquer - we found this difficult as we have a baby in a buggy and a toddler who cannot quite manage steps too well on her own. Other than this, I was delighted with the hotel. The pools were lovely, lots of sunbeds available, so no-one really played the early morning sun bed nabbing game. The beach was pebbly, but my children had a fantastic time playing and building sand/pebble castles! The food was very good on the whole, we did find ourselves doing everything possible to avoid chips most days, but there was quite a wide variety of pastas, salads and other potato options which i'm sure most people would be happy with. The evening entertainment was fantastic for families, there was a mini disco every night which my 2 children loved, the on site animation team were really good with the children.
The truth is I found this hotel to be fantastic value for money, and we had a lovely time there and will definately be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank anklesCornwall

Essex
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Myself and my husband booked this Hotel for a delayed anniversary break. We booked this as a mini 3 night break, this was an ideal choice 2hr 40 mins flight, with this Hotel being the 1st stop from the airport (15mins) We were pleased from the moment we went into reception, very friendly and welcoming. Our room was a family room overlooking the lagoon pool (I dropped the hotel an email a few days prior to our visit asking if our room was near the lagoon and was pleasantly surprised & pleased that they upgraded us to a family room right by the lagoon - without me even asking for an upgrade!) We also had Sparkling wine & fruit in our room for our anniversary !!! we really felt they couldnt do enough for you. The food was plentiful with lots of choice, I am vegetarian and managed to eat well.Being all inclusive its buffets for breafast, lunch and dinner but they are constantly topping up so never ran out. Beer, Wine and soft drinks on self serve taps are ideal to prevent queues at the bar. Some older parts of the complex could do with a bit of TLC (golf and volleyball) but the pool areas and beach were very clean and welcoming as was our room. We loved our mini break, I think the layout for evening entertainment is a tad odd as everything takes place in the reception area, they need to work on this as not enough to keep you occupied throughout the day or night. I would stay here again, but would do as a mini break again, I probably wouldnt return for a family holiday with our young sons as not enough for them to do, we were only at the start of the summer season, so very quiet, imagine all hands on deck as gets busier ??? The scenery is beautiful, I would describe it more like sitting by a lake instead of a beach, the water extremely calm and tranquil. We had the beach to ourselves, lots of choices where you can sunbathe, by the beach (several areas) in the gardens, by the lagoon, or by the other pool.Plenty of sunbeds and parasols. A very relaxing weekend was had, quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janeyhen831

west yorkshire
Reviewed 15 April 2010

We arrived at the hotel mid morning having only booking it te same morning. Having booked on the internet it was unclear with the site I booked on (not their own site) wether I had booked a normal room or a family annexe where us and the kids would be in rooms divided by a bathroom.

On arrival I found that I had booked the family annexe which concerned me as I had two young kids, straight away without me asking they suggested I could be upgraded to the superior room which meant the kids would be sleeping in our room and this was at no extra cost.

We also arrived much earlier than booking in time but straight away the owner allowed us to take our things straight up to the room. We had a very enjoyable stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank WestYorkshirePolly

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2009

I was expecting a great holiday after going with Thomson to Lanzarote, but the hotel Louis Corcyra was a disappointment.It rained for our first week and the hotel was not set up for bad weather.
The rooms were shabby, there were holes in the towels and the taps and plugs in the bathroom were rusty. The rooms were cleaned at 4 in the afternoon and we had to ask a few times for a cleaner to wipe the floor.
Felt uncomfortable all the time we were there, only to find out later about the death of two young children in 2006 at the hotel. The air conditioning needs to be modernised as it was really noisy and could not be left on in the night as it kept us awake.
I find it difficult to know which group of people would be suitable for this hotel

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ElunedBuckingham

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gouvia
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Grecotel Eva Palace
#1 of 3 in Kommeno Bay
Aeolos Beach Resort
Corfu Holiday Palace

Been to Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!