“good hotel”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Goynuk
Opole
“good hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I will assess this hotel from the perspective of a person who usually stays at 5/ 4+ star hotels. In my opinion, this hotel deserves 5 stars, despite not being too luxurious. It is so to say at the bottom level of 5 star hotels. The hotel is not the newest.
Location: in the centre of a tourist village. Next to the hotel there are two passages with shops for the tourists. There are no restaurants or pubs. The village is small and in the evening there is nothing to do outside of the hotel. Anyway, there’s not much to do in the hotel either as the leisure programme in the hotel is very poor. Next to the hotel, there are two 5 star hotels with a much better leisure programme but it is difficult to get there in the evening. I managed to get there several times, but a couple of times I was not let in. The hotel is next to the beach and it has a private beach.
Appearance: from outside the hotel does not seem to be very attractive. The drive looks fine, which is typical for 5 star hotels. The lobby is spacious and air conditioned, one can rest there or use free wifi. Next to the lobby, there is a drink bar and a terrace. The hotel looks fine from the side of the garden.
Service: unfortunately, the staff is nice only when everything goes smoothly, while solving any problem seems to be a trouble. Additionally, apart from the reception, not many people speak English. Most of the staff speaks Russian or German, English was a problem. Nevertheless, generally the service was good.
Rooms: the hotel is a U-shape building; there are no rooms with a view of the street. I do not recommend the rooms on the highest floor because you can see the roof of the first floor and during the day it is very hot in these rooms as the air conditioning there is pretty poor. There are no such problems on the lower floors. All the rooms have the view of the see, some of them directly, others from some angle. The rooms are very nice, even though not new. The cleaning service was ok. Mini bar was supplied daily free of charge. The safe broke down twice, which left me with no access to cash for all evening, because it could have been fixed no earlier than in the morning. If I had been leaving on that day, it would not be that funny.
Hotel attractions: the hotel offers a lot of attractions such as a tennis court, table tennis, darts, etc. Additionally, every now and then there are aerobic classes and other leisure activities. However, the evening programme is very bad. There were some shows, but in my opinion their level was more than disappointing, however the Russians enjoyed it. So it might be just a matter of taste.
Swimming pools: the swimming pools are big, and the water is clean. There’s a lot of place for sunbathing around the swimming pools. You can even lie on the grass. There is a drink bar too. Unfortunately, the quality of cocktails is deeply disappointing. The cocktails are made mainly to satisfy the Russians, they contain no more than two ingredients. When I ordered a pinacolada, the bartender didn’t even know what it is. Moreover, they didn’t even have a blender for ice.
Beach: the hotel is situated right next to the beach. The sand is very thick, full of small stones. The beach chairs are free. Instead of umbrellas, there is a wide roof, which is kind of difficult to describe. Even if it was not high season, there were problems with beach chairs. The beach was clean and not noisy. You could get to the water from a pier, using a kind of a ladder as the coast was stony. But it was very deep there so you had to be able to swim. In general, I liked the beach. You could pay for many water attractions. I tried water parachuting and the views were fantastic, while the adrenaline greater before the start than during the flight, so there is nothing to be afraid of.
Food: good and diverse, however nothing fantastic. The food was changed often enough. The biggest problem was with the Russians, who as the main clients of this hotel, were standing at the cafeteria door half an hour before the dinner and then ran to the food and packed full plates as if they hadn’t eaten for months. And so the best food was eaten ten minutes after the beginning of the supper. In order to get a table outside during dinner, you’d have to come 15 minutes before opening. The best meals were served on the tables outside of the restaurant.
All inclusive was OK, apart from alcohol. Food was being served all the time, but cocktails were terrible, both in the bar at the swimming pool and in the lobby. Apart from vodka + cola, the bartenders knew no cocktails. When I showed them that they had pinacolada in the drink card, they were surprised and prepared the cocktail based on the menu. Even in the lobby bar, they didn’t have an ice blender. When I ordered a mojito, after long consultations they said I had to pay for it, despite having the higher standard of all inclusive. On the whole, cocktails were bad.

Generally, I would recommend this hotel to people who are not too demanding.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank luckynycpl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leusden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I am writing this while we are still at the Kilikya Palace. We are very impressed, the room (family room) is spacious and clean. The food is good (although it gets a bit repetitive). the hotel itself looks nice and the ground around it are a pleasure to be in. Unfortunately the outside pool is a bit too cold but the indoor pool is an acceptable alternative.
It probably helps a lot that ity is not peak season and the hotel is not full. We do not have to queue for food. The only slight annoyance is the entertainment at night that is very noisy which we can hear in our room but it finishes at the 'decent 'time of 22:30.

The staff are friendly and do not mind our children at all. there is the occasional that the staff in the lobby bar does not seem to be too interested to serve,

The beds are great, I have a better sleep than at home and that means something!

So all in all I would happily go here again!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank DrkSecret
Moldova
Reviewed 30 September 2008

Good-day to all visitors of this site.

I want to write my review about my holiday trip to Turkey, Kemer, in the hotel Kilikya Palace 5*. First of all want to tell you that it was not my first time in Turkey, I have been there 10 times, namely in Kemer, but in other hotels such as( Rixos Tekirova, Risox Beldibi, Amara Wing Resort, Ak-ka Antedon de Luxe and other, all 5*).

This year I have stayed in Kilikya Palace. The territory of the hotel is green and very good cleaned. And the sea was sometimes dirty, but in the afternoon was already clean. The staff of the hotel was awful and bad educated. The manager of the hotel doesn’t speak English at all, only in Turkish, and when I asked him does he know English he said that he knows, me and my husband 2 days slept in the bed for one person, and within 3 days they have changed us to double bed.

The food in the hotel was monotonous. Everyday we ate the same food, was not so much fruit.

The animation team was very weak. The show programs of the animation team were very uninteresting and weak. I do remember in 2004 I have stayed in this hotel, so it was not my first time over there, so in 2004 was a great hotel, because the manager was other. We have participated in many interesting show programs such as queen of the Kilikya. But in this year the manager was unkind and very rude. The other bad thing what happened to us, that in our last day, when we were checking out the manager said that housekeeping lost one big towel and she said that we stolen it…it was very offensive and they asked us to open the luggage because they didn’t want to check us out, so we opened the luggage and then they have checked and after that they didn’t EXCUSE at all…sorry but how can they check the intelligent people who have paid enough big money to rest in such hotel. We were very upset and disappointed that we have chosen this hotel. So as you see our trip in Turkey was unlucky, at least we have bronzed and swam enough.

So when you will plan to go to this hotel think first if it’s a good choice for you.

Have a great vacation.

• Liked — sea and sun
  • Disliked — staff of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank tiusha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goynuk
Mirage Park Resort
#3 of 30 in Goynuk
Club Salima
Club Salima
#10 of 30 in Goynuk

Been to Kilikya Palace Goynuk? Share your experiences!