“This hotel is situated in a wonderful place but has many minuses...”

Majesty Club La Mer
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Goynuk
Chisinau
“This hotel is situated in a wonderful place but has many minuses...”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

First of all I want to say that I had vacation in a super company of my closed friends and we had a really greate time, that`s why my feedback may be not so tough. I think if people go to this hotel by solo or family or couple they can leave less pleasant review...
The territory is very green and comfortable there are many pines, palms, cactuses and bushes. Around the hotel stands beautiful mountains, the sea as always in Kemer has a deep blue color, sometimes moving into emerald. Cuisine really good, every evenning variety of dishes, good wines (I`m from the wine-country that`s why I can approve it) but majority of other drinks are very dime. Animation team is VERY VERY UNOBTRUSIVE... The same adjective fits to a majority of a stuff.
Now I want to describe in details really minuses which cannot positioned this hotel as 5 stars:
1) rest rooms always dirty and often without toilet paper and soap; 2) many persons from restaurant service very unpleasant, make faces and have dirty nails, tableware, cutlery and glasses most of the time were very very dirty; 3) we lived at the 3d floor with a sea view , view was super, but our room always was dirty and need reparation, with bathroom the same story and plumbing is rusty, sometimes we left our towels on the floor in the morning and when we came in the evening towels waiting 4 us at the same place but bed were made... 4) stuff from SPA - speechless... 5) towels for the beach are very poor and old and look like second hand, once we took a towel in which we have found someone's swimming costume; 5) sand at the beach is very dirty too, shower area near the beach always stinks; 6) pier on the beach was demounted and look like decoration for movie Pearl Harbor ;) I hope my review may help )))

Room Tip: do not take rooms with view to a main restaurant !!! rooms with a sea view are very noisy because of...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Varea81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sanandaj, Iran
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Me and two my friend for holiday went one week to this hotel....it's very nice $ pool and beach it's very beautiful .. € garden is nice .in seconds night we went to the concert arash and shadmehr.. in third day went to the antalya sea with persian ship.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank mamal_mavali
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Firstly, La Mer Art Hotel and La Mer Hotel are two different hotels, also the owner is the same. We stayed at La Mer Art Hotel on October 2011 and at La Mer Hotel on July 2011 and also 3 times in 2012, on June, July and September. Both hotels are nice, also a little expensive. They are not really 5 stars hotels, although La Mer Art Hotel is located near La Mer, for my taste was more nice than La Mer, I liked the garden and the rooms, more enteresting and nicer, although the beach I didn't like at all. The food was great for extra seson and no animation team, as we stayed on October, I think. Pools are very nice, but mostly I liked the room and the construction of the garden and teraces. There are also bungalows but we didn't see inside of them, so I can't say much more, but from outside they look very confortable and are very expensive also. Some of the staff from La Mer Hotel works there too, which made me feel safe as I met them before. In my oppinion La Mer Art is too expensive but a nice hotel.
What about La Mer Hotel? The hotel is what I want from Antalya, I can't say nothing bad about it, although I don't get the best room always, the extrabed are not very confortable, but what made me decide that this is my favorite hotel is The best Animation Team from Turkey and the wonderful staff, from the reception to the last boy from the kitchen I liked everybody. Food are excellent, the pools very clean and nice, with stairs, so you can get very confortable into the water, the beach is also great, the water is a kind of more deeper than I expected, but was ok. The garden is cleaned every day, they have also old gardeners (very picturesque) who works a lot to maintain the beauty of the garden. Now back to Animation Team, they are really the best! Many thanks to the most good animators from Turkey: Mario and Maz and also to Simon. Also thanks to Miss Elizaveta. The foam party from the beach is wonderful and all their shows from evening. Mr.Murat is also very good in what he makes. But I think that without them I would not like this hotel as I like now. They are very precious for animation team. I also want to send thanks to tattoo and narguile men, Mr.Mehmetcan and Mr.Kemal, they are very friendly too, and just like our Mario and the other ones, are very nice and helpful. I must not forget the barmen, thanks to Mr. Mehmet, Mr. Faruk, Mr.Kürşat, Mr.Bayram, from the bar next to the pool, from the main restaurant thanks to Mr.Gökhan and specially I want to write and to say hello to all the boys from inside the kitchen (from Adiyaman), maybe you can't see them, but they are really great and they made me feel like in a family. The staff from reception is also great: a lot of thanks to Mr.Zafer who is the most kind, amusing and helpful man from reception and also infinite thanks to Mr. Hakan, Mr.Mahmut and to Mr.Ahmet, also from the reception desk. I hope I didn't forget nobody, as they are great. I may be a little subjective, but without all these people I would not return to hotel, they are the soul of our vacantions, without them La Mer would be just a non 5 stars ordinary hotel, too expensive for what they offer, but I always returned there for the most nice people from entire Turkey who adopted us in their big family. Generally is a hotel for families, not to much young people. La Mer Hotel is located in Göynük, at 7 minutes away by bus from Kemer and the bus can be taken from the other side of the road in front of hotel. So the hotel is not very luxury and a little old, not newly renovated, very expensive, but food is great, also the garden, pools and the beach, in the afternoon you can also enjoy some food and cakes at 5 o'clock every day near the pool, they also have a la carte restaurant, but we didn't go there so I can't say nothing about it but I heard it's ok, massage at charge, also free playing games as darts with Mr. Mario or morning gym with Mr.Simon, great shows with Mr.Mazlum and the others. They also organize Turkish nigh or other tematic shows, or even parties on the beach. I didn't like the presence of some big insects in the trees, which make a lot of noise until evening, but they are part of the decor. You can see them also in other hotels from Turkey , as they live there, but I had never used with them, and I also didn't like the night cheaf of hotel, I don't know his name but the staff called him "gece müdürü", the only person who made us feel unconfortable by his attitude. If all these people will work here this year too, we will definitely return, if not, we will find another hotel to submit us real quality for such a big price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank RedRoseRo
Shropshire
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Myself and 3 friends spent a week at La Mer Art Hotel.We had booked a junior suite which we were told had 2 rooms and slept up to 4 people.On arrival there was 1 double and 1 single bed in one room ,hardly enough to sleep 4 adults! We complained at reception who either couldnt or wouldnt understand us although they did provide a camp bed and told us to speak to the manager the following morning...hardly 5 star! The manager again insisted we had to stay in the room and crammed another bed in. I admit this could have been the fault of the travel company (A1) who we booked the holiday with giving us incorrect info about the room.
The food was very good but we had the same choice everyday.Hotel was very clean.
The staff were the worst I have ever come across,they were rude and pretended they didnt understand us.One girl working in the Lobby bar said she didnt know what Sprite or lemonade was! When I asked another member of staff (again in the Lobby bar) for a cup for my coffee he just shook his head and said no,even though there was a row of clean cups beside him! All I can say is that this is not a hotel for Brits as the staff can't or wont understand you.So avoid at all costs.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank JoonK
Iran
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I happen to boys and my wife for a week at the hotel we stayed. Sorry photos of the hotel at all, unlike his hotel does. Qualities of foods Bsyarpayyn, and no variety there. At the hotel at 5 star hotels UALL not at the level a typical 4 star hotel .. very poor service. rooms are very small. poor hygiene and the entertainment is zero.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
19 Thank dina t
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

Very low quality food, poor service, extremely busy stuff.. There are plenty of better hotels in the region even for lower price. I can easily say that, this was the worst hotel that i have ever had stayed in Turkey for holiday.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank O M

Travellers are raving about these Goynuk hotels

tehran
Reviewed 11 August 2012

we spend 1 week in lamer kemer hotel.considering you must dont mix the lamer art hotel and lamer kemer hotel.Albeit in webpage they are same but you must be notice they are two diffrent hotel that very close to each other,but lamer kemer anyhow in better than lamer art.
POSITIVE GLEANING :
lamer kemer is'nt deluxe hotel but all along the line it's a good hotel with good service.
On there you meet the beautiful seascape and highland lanscape in one abreast.
The garden environment is so beautiful.There are nice and lovely beach with two pools.The beach was formed half sandy and half gravel.
Entertainment teams are very attractive and exciting.a lot games with funny shows nightly.
Colorful and delicicuse food and tasty drink.
There are more free game such as tennis(if you have rocket),table tennis,dart,beach voley,smal aqua pool with 2 slide and ...
NEGATIVE GLEANING :
The water of swiming pool is'nt clean.When we was there,there are a big russian man(near to bear) that how swim with his little son on pool and his son dont wear anything and he constant CRAP in the pool and there are'nt anybody to admonish to they.
my camera was stolen in poolbar.night manager and other employee's hotel dos'nt any thing about it.They constant replay ((what we doing?))Even they dont apologize of me.they behavior is 1 star no 5 star.
All ends up if you are asian or russian and you traveling with your family and you want to rest in the tonic and cool place,and dont want to spent many money,lamer kemer in good alternative for you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank saeid k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goynuk
Sherwood Club Kemer
#2 of 29 in Goynuk
Kilikya Palace Goynuk
Kilikya Palace Goynuk
#8 of 29 in Goynuk

Been to Majesty Club La Mer? Share your experiences!