“Appalling!!!!!!!!”

smartline Greenwood
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Goynuk
Reviewed 1 October 2013

10 of us set off to go on a family holiday for 14 nights in what looked to be a beautiful 4star hotel... OMG how so wrong !!!! This hotel does not even deserve 1 star!!! Here goes we arrived a day late due to being delayed for 17 hrs when we did get to our rooms they tried to put my son his wife and 4 children into a room which had a double bed and bunk beds god knows were the other 2 children were supposed to sleep!! We went to reception and complained were the hotel manager said there was no more rooms available for them,as we were all tired we just had tea ( chicken) and went to bed. The following day we spoke again and the manager showed us another room ( this was perfect) they wanted us to pay £400 but we managed to get it for £250 and said we would pay at the end of our holiday! After 5 days of being in the family room the manager came up to my son in the lobby bar demanding payment for the room and said if we did not pay that day we would have to leave the hotel!!!! When we said we have already paid for a room so put us back in that one he then changed his attitude and agreed for us to pay at the end of our holiday. Our first day we stayed round the pool were the slides were open for just 2hrs in morning and 2hrs in the afternoon the kids club was open as and when they pleased and my 3 year old granddaughter went and to do a sand picture we was told we had to pay 15 lira NEVER HAVE WE PAID FOR KIDS CLUB!!!!! When my grandsons went to do pizza making because they were 5 mins late they was told they couldn't join in!! Apart from bill and no-no eyup the rest of the staff were PIG IGNORANT!!!!! If you were Russian,Polish or French you was fine. The food was chicken chicken casserole fried chicken stuffed chicken any way chicken could be cooked that's all it was chicken chicken and more god damn chicken!!!!! Drinks were ok but after 12pm if u were thirsty it was hard lines as you couldn't get a drink till the following morning no ice cream what so ever for the children unless you bought it from the hotel shop same as water you got 1 bottle on the day of arrival after that you had to pay!! NO AIRCONDITIONING!!!!!!! Unless you wanted to upgrade at yet another cost!!!! Had to sleep with patio doors open so ended up with mozi bites but it was the only way you could get some sleep. Overall this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and would not recommend to my worst enemy!! Like I said apart from the names I have mentioned and thank them for making us smile and getting us involved in there activities but for them I would of returned back home within days. Sherwood greenwood I would never return as unless we throw cash at you you don't make ENGLISH WELCOME!!! THOMAS COOK you should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES for sending people there.

Room Tip: I wouldn't advise you to book!!!Unless your willing to pay once you arrive you will get ultra in...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tracy261110
SherwoodGreenwood, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at smartline Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Sherwood Grenwood Resort Hotel

There are newer reviews for smartline Greenwood

Reviewed 30 September 2013

when we arrived at the hotel they didn't find our reservation then there was some panic but after a few minutes they found our reservation and we got a room for 4 persons instead of 2 persons because we had to waith so long before we could go to our room. the animation team was really good and entertaining because every noon they play cocktail game and they were always enthusiastic also when it was 40 degrees. Bilal, nono are two good guys that now how to animate people even if they have a bad day. They were always smiling!! Then about the position of the hotel, it's not that really good but outside of the hotel you cab take a bus to kemer and antalya and so on. You have to make a sign so that the drivers can see that you wanna take the bus. It's absolutely not expensive the busses. From goynuk to kemer it's only €1,5 for one person and it takes only 10minutes. In kemer you can buy a lot and there are also a lot of shops and restaurants over there. Especially the Leon king bar. We really enjoyed our stay in the greenwood hotel!:) every Monday evening there is a market in the hotel at the swimmingpool. and every evening there is a show also. We especially liked the comedy shows and the best actor was nono! Next year we currently come back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rosalie06071991
SherwoodGreenwood, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at smartline Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor! Every comment has great importance for us and helps us to reach our aims.

It is a great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday in Sherwood Greenwood family.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

10 of us arrived here on the 15th of September for 2 weeks 6 adults 4 children we had been delayed by 17 hours with our Thomas Cook flight which is another story . After reading mixed review we were opened minded just thought people were being picky.Wrong! !We should have listened, we were put in the wrong room at the start my husband me and 4 children in a bungalow with a double bed and 1 set of bunk beds it was no bigger than a shoe box! !We compained straight away to the un helpful manager who really has no basic customer service skills along with the rest of the reception staff we ended up paying £250 for a bigger room , the aircon was never on because the manager felt it was to cold it was boiling! You couldn't sleep my children were sick a few times because of the heat, most of the staff were very rude with the English and the kids club never made them welcome the entertainment was finished for 22.30 if not earlier every night it was rubbish I don't blame the animation team tho they had to do as they were told, bill and no no were brilliant and really made an effort with us they are fantastic lads and I hope they find a job at a hotel which appreciates them, food was rubbish but you could find something to eat most nights it just wasn't enjoyable like it should be on holiday, there's nothing around the hotel you were in bed by 11pm each night, , this hotel or destination is not catered for the English and the Russians and polish are as ignorant as most of the staff! Id not go back to any sherwood hotel or part of kemer if the holiday was given to me!

• Stayed: September 2013

Sherwood Grenwood Resort Hotel

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Had a great holiday staff were fantastic especially bilam the entertainer.rooms were nice (we was moved from main hotel as air con was not great and in 39c heat was needed )moved to 2 larger rooms with own air con.
Rooms were cleaned daily and food catered for all alcohol is as expected in turkey by the cocktails were great.
Only thing I would say is service a little slow but it was busy in aug
Would say to stay and u will have a nice trip
Boat trip with rem travel shop just up road is a definite was amazing

Room Tip: Stay in bungalows or hotel off main building
3  Thank Jadehall22

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My boyfriend and I, along with my family, stayed here in May 2013 and had an enjoyable holiday. Firstly, the most important thing to remember is what you have paid and not to expect a 5* hotel because you won't be getting it. If you remember that, then I think that's a good way to start the holiday.

The rooms were contemporary, clean and spacious. We had a lovely balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens - perfect to enjoy a cocktail in the evening before dinner.

The location of the hotel itself was not that impressive. Everything seemed scruffy and a bit dirty. However, a 10 minute walk from the hotel there is an array of shops selling the usual holiday trinklets and "genuine" Prada, Gucci, Burberry bags ;) To get to the beach from the hotel you have to cross the road, and remember to keep to the left hand side of the beach, as the right hand side is reserved for another hotel (and the watchman will shout at you!!!). The beach was nice and it made a change from being around the pool. However, the sunbeds do get occupied quite quickly so you may have to lay on your towel. We caught a taxi to the market one day down in Goynuk town which was a lovely - found lots of little presents and bits! Then a little stroll along from the market we came across a beautiful beach with a strip of bars and restaurants. Absolutely delightful - I would recommend this to anyone.

The food was good, however we stayed here for 2 weeks and must admit that in the second week we got a little bored of the food, but ventured out for the hotel a few nights and found a couple of gems serving delicious traditional cuisine. One of the top of the strip of shops near the hotel, can't remember the name of it but I'm sure the hotel will recommend it to you as they did us. Food at the hotel was what you would usually expect from an all inclusive, but my favorite was the Turkish night (which traditional Turkish food - absolutely to die for) with the mini market within the hotel grounds, the doughnut lady at 4pm and then each morning at breakfas the lady serving fresh pancakes and omelettes. Oh and the late night snack bar - a couple of times we waited up for it and it never even opened. The one time it did, all that was available was soup, break and some ham and cheese. So to be honest, not worth staying up for. So yeah, I liked the food but catered more for the Russian guests I think. Bars were ok - not a big variety of cocktails which was disappointing but what they had were tasty and did the job!

The animation team at this hotel were AMAZING! Such a good bunch and tried their very best to get everyone involved and were so friendly to us during the course of our stay. Especially BILLIE!!! :) Throughout the day they host various activities such as darts, bowles, football, water sports, belly dancing and aqua gym. In the evening the entertainment was different, some nights better than others but there was always something on!

The pool is lovely and the water slides were fab! One thing about this hotel I found particularly strange was that you get given a beach towel at the beginning of your stay, but if you require a fresh one at any time during your stay you have to pay 1 euro. Very strange and I think this is something the hotel should address!

But overall we had a fab time, but would not return to the simple fact that there are so many other places waiting for us to visit. Thanks for the memories, Greenwood!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirsty M

Sherwood Greenwood Resort Hotel

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Two of us spent, with a 2.5 years old son, 15 days in mid August. We have no worries at all, had nice relaxed holiday.
Room is spacious enough, hotel is clean, and staff is helpful. You will need 1-2 days to get used to All Inclusive concept, especially if you are new to that.
Food is good, avoid rush hours in restaurants (7pm dinner time) and you will get the table by the pool, which is totally different experience than eating inside the restaurant.
Bars in the hotel, restaurant and the pool bar could be better. Very often they are out of ice, low quality of alcoholic drinks (wine is not drinkable).
Both pools are clean and nice. Sun goes behind the mountain peak at 6pm in August, so keep that in mind, as well.
Ladies, don't miss aqua gym classes with Anastasia (2 times per day by the pool and at the beach), you will love it.

I recommend this hotel, especially to families with small children as Goynuk is not very exciting place for couples, and i would certainly go back.

Room Tip: we stayed in bungalow, ground floor. Tip at the reception will usually get you the good room. Choo...
3  Thank Basiaduki

Reviewed 27 August 2013

While I would not go into the "oh my God they ruined my Holiday" category I am very disappointed, and this from the perspective of one used to the cheap&simple AI type of vacation(fifth time overall,third in Turkey).

I'll start with the good points.
They are near the shops area, with some asking around we even found a restaurant/bar nearby, recommended at the Reception.
They have a awesome animation team that really tries to make show at all activities.
We had a very nice balcony even at ground floor, totally safe to leave a 1 year old baby to play in, but that was luck, I think there are rooms even with no balcony (none visible from outside).
Room was small but sufficient after a bit of Tetris with furniture we managed to fit in even the babycot ergonomic enough, a alley enough for 1 person comfortable remaining from door to balcony.
Electric plugs had baby protection, they provided a huge babycot and there are at least 10 baby high chairs in main restaurant you are allowed to use and move even outside the schedule of restaurant.
Restaurant and bar staff is pretty good for what they have to deal with. In better conditions I am sure they would be as charming as usually Turkish staff are, they manage to make faces to kids and say a joke when is not 20 bored and annoyed people queuing.
I noticed a important number of Turkish clients, always nice to meet people of the country you visit, at least I like it. Good manners and kindness know no nationality and I disagree with those avoiding the hotels used by locals, good and bad surprises from any language speakers in my experience. And Turks are always awesome with kids they are so genuinely enthusiastic to play with them and smile I totally love that atmosphere!
Another good point and one that was a minus ever before at AI: a large selection of fruits at certain meals, you could even make a small stock :)

Now to bad points, and I fear they are many:
Meal hours are short! For example (but all were similar), lunch 12:30 -> 14. They really do not open before, is a huge queuing and start taking away stuff from 13:30. Result is huge queuing. From the door to take a table faster, so you queue faster to the food so you migth actually enjoy the food before they start to obviously prepare to close. Comme on, at work most people have 1 hour for lunch, this is vacation!! I usually prefer AI system because at least every other hotel made sure at every hour you have some options for snacks. Preferably different and interesting. Does wonders with a picky child and I totally prefer not to leave the pool at noon if I know I can have something decent to eat at 17:30, be it cookies and coffee and a sandwich! Here the 2 restaurant hours were open about same time (ok, the beach one had more hours of something, but was bad at refilling and options were very basic as usual for beach bar style). Oh and to top it: a man went at 10 minutes before the official hour to make a sandwich at the beach bar. They were already with everything set, the lid open of those dishes to keep the food warm and welcoming. And they turned him away to return later!!

Main restaurant had many dishes but at least I was happiest for cheese and tomatoes at all meals than all the things already in a sauce! In other hotels they usually had some simple grilled something and some smashed/fried potatoes for those who don't like local (I presume) dishes with herbs and sauces. And some selection 2-3 types of bread not just one looking average at best! Here they had grilled chicken 2 times,1 fish, 2 roasted turkey in 7 days, including here lunches and dinners. Also surprising for Turkey: bad and basic selection of cookies.

Cofee was relatively bad and in-consistent. Most was Nescafee type but was one even worst, I ended up with it 2 times. They filled random those machines?? I took same button at 20 minutes distance and the thing that poured sure was totally different. And all coffee types had already milk included! I liked milk in coffee but now I think I need a 6 month of black coffee break :P

Personell smells! Badly! I realise is 40 degrees outside but you cannot place the animation team in evening attire at the door to welcome people to the restaurant creating the (not bad in my opinion) pressure to dress up a bit for dinner and then have your hopefully elegantly dressed clientele faint when a waiter takes the plates from the table near her! Cotton uniform and good antiperspirant my good people?

And the staff should know a bit at least of the languages used.. I dare hope they base on Russian and German because there sure was a problem with maids in French or English. Or I don't know, some other education in making themselves understood! Never before was maids such problem. They have very strange cleaning hours (mostly in afternoon I saw but I admit I put a don't disturb at the door for my son sleeping at plenty hours) And I think they ask what you want done and what not or I have no idea what was the lot of talking daily. Or try to be nice and make conversation. The only result was a lot of frustration, no way to understand each other or if it was important what they said. And they yell a lot between them for being close to a don't disturb sign door..

The drinks, as usual for Orient, too sweet. But that is a matter of taste and comes with destination. Cherry juice 50% with water was good :) And the Pepsi label stuff (more sweet than Europe too) was on bar, on asking basis, queuing involved usually. Uncomfortable! No drinking water in rooms. At all. Not even those 2 0.5l bottles everyone leaves for welcome and many refill after. You could however buy some in the lobby and refill or were stuck to glasses from the water machine just like for juice.

Small and crowded looking yard! We had a room 2 meters away from the bushes delimiting the yard and I was happy! The buildings are close together, everything is too close, no space, small and badly kept alleys, always wet and muddy from the automating yard watering, no benches to sit. Miniclub was artificially shaded (some cloth above the outside toys) and had rubber flooring, I guess it should go for a plus, was safe enough even with no fence to keep kids in (I still had to stay 100% 2 steps behind my son). I saw worse at better hotels but all was so badly kept and grey and ugly, somehow still looked cheap and bad, mind says I should like it but I really did not. Kids did, they like any outside toys. The same guys from animation were entertaining the kids and they really tried. Especially the black french-speaking boy, he's awesome, always smiling and full of energy!

I did not use the beach, is not in the hotel but at some 500m crossing a road, seemed basic in the one morning I took a look, it has a beach bar and some sunbeds with umbrella, not impressive but ok. The pool is awfully crowded. The sunbeds on 3 rows literally one in another. I had to go around 8 sunbeds to get from behind mine to its front. That makes moving to be under the umbrella all time for shade impossible too, you have no where to move to! And very few are shaded by the stage building and only in the afternoon. Bad for kids that should not stay in direct sun that long! The pool is big and very warm (is recirculating only, i felt no cold fresh water going in anywhere, that makes wonder about hygiene but there was plenty of chlorine I can say that much, made my dye hair 2 shades towards blonde and a mess on their pillows, I am sorry for that :( )

Strange rule about towels: they say something on they change towels on charge (1 euro/towel!) but I assumed that means if you change them more times in a day! Never before had I seen a AI hotel giving you the towels first day then you wash/dry them if needed all vacation or pay for them to!

They don't stick to their own decent rule of not allowing water toys on the water glide. This makes the big pool quite unsafe for children when some 90 kg guys come gliding on inflatable stuff on the size of a sunbed! Yes they have a pool for kids but my 3 year old is really good in a full depth pool if you don't throw grown-ups at her :P (by gliding 15 meters from the water glide ,more than half the pool!) and she is not happy in water deep to her waist she can't really swim in. If you make a civilized rule, keep it!

Overall, I stayed with the 1 year old mostly in the room(and balcony) or in the pool, was not much safe ground to leave him walk around as he does not walk very well and falls a lot. Dirty thin alleys with a horde of tourists rushing to do other than queue for something is no place for that. Me and my husband had very large problem to take shifts with meals to accommodate children sleeping odd hours because the few meals options and way too short meal hours. Sleeping on sunbeds in shadow and eating from the beach bar was what we were counting on on a AI system. We will not return at this hotel, there are far better options in Turkey in a relatively similar price range (good example is the Majesty just across the road from this, where we stayed 2 years ago).

Room Tip: We had 320X. They are ground floor in a bungalow relatively close to the beach bar, we had a decent...
2  Thank Turu82

Sherwood Greenwood Resort Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goynuk
Karmir Resort & Spa
#28 of 284 in Kemer
Zena Resort Hotel
Zena Resort Hotel
#6 of 23 in Camyuva

Been to smartline Greenwood? Share your experiences!